Vampyr 2 weeks away!

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One of those games where my mind is blank. Should I get or not. I have some big spendings coming so my budget will very tight next month. I am so on the fence on this. Looks good but then again maybe not that good :/

Thoughts?

I've pre-ordered it just because it's DontNod and I'll support all their shit after Life is Strange. That said I played their first game, Remember Me, and it was kind of gash. So I don't have massive expectations for this as an action RPG

I've pre-ordered it just because it's DontNod and I'll support all their shit after Life is Strange. That said I played their first game, Remember Me, and it was kind of gash, so I don't have massive expectations for this as an action RPG

Hopefully u enjoy it.

I am just getting old I guess. I dont seem to enjoy games produced these days. Very rarely 1 out of 100 will suck me in for more than standard completion hours.

Looking forward for games that will never release: HL3, Warcraft 4.

I've been blood thirsty for a decent vamp game for ages. There's a lot that appeals about this game and some things that do not. I'll be waiting for some decent feedback before i decide to buy.

Thoughts are wait for the reviews to come out. Never understood the logic in preordering.

Looks like a 6/10 game at best based on all the recent footage. I'd love to be proven way wrong though.

Been waiting for another Vampire game ever since Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

I did check out the recent gameplay demo and here are my thoughts:

Its AA production levels, not AAA. What this means is that it doesn't quite have the budget of a AAA game and the animations and presentation are noticeably B level.

It's a high B though, so I'm not too worried.

They've built the game around a Social system, where using your vampiric abilities and feeding will have consequences that manifest in the environment, difficulty and gameplay.

For example: You build up XP by feeding on mortals. You can use this XP to unlock new vampiric abilities and level up ones you already have. However, if you kill too many people, everyone gets more hostile and the game gets harder.

Super interesting if they execute it right.

I have my eye on this one. Might turn out to be a dud, but might just be the start of an interesting franchise.

They've built the game around a Social system, where using your vampiric abilities and feeding will have consequences that manifest in the environment, difficulty and gameplay.

For example: You build up XP by feeding on mortals. You can use this XP to unlock new vampiric abilities and level up ones you already have. However, if you kill too many people, everyone gets more hostile and the game gets harder.

I have my eye on this one. Might turn out to be a dud, but might just be the start of an interesting franchise.

That does sound pretty interesting. Will have to check out some reviews when it launches. Has completely forgotten about this game.

I like character action games, so I'll probably get it eventually. How long I wait will just depend on its reception. I've got a pretty big backlog, and some of the games on it are 60+ hours already. No rush basically, doubly because there are also a couple of newer games that I'm hoping will get mild price drops during the Steam summer sale.

Looks like another Techomancer to me. Definitely a pass

Haha, I got about 40 mins into that game because people kept saying "janky but the world and magic is awesome." Nope. Good thing I only spent $10 or so and got it from a key site. I love janky, low budget rpgs but my time is much more important these days and my backlog weighs a ton. Same goes for that steampunk fantasy rpg that released earlier this year or last.

Although, a vampire rpg is a pretty unique setting and I'm a sucker for gothic Victorian style dark games, like Bloodborne. Hopefully it turns out well and I'll pick it up on a sale later.

Previews are mixed, but it comes from the devs of "Life is Strange" and "Remember Me", the latter being an underrated game, though with potential for more.

Watched some footage and it has an interesting community system, with tons of people who each have their own storylines. Their death and choices you make affect each district.

Combat looks iffy, and the character models and environmental detail looked underwhelming in the preview, but it looks like a lot of effort was put into the community system, so it'll probably be closer to Witcher, Shadow of War or KCD in its uniqueness than a AC money grab.

Been waiting for another Vampire game ever since Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

I did check out the recent gameplay demo and here are my thoughts:

Its AA production levels, not AAA. What this means is that it doesn't quite have the budget of a AAA game and the animations and presentation are noticeably B level.

It's a high B though, so I'm not too worried.

Someone should make a Legacy of Kain sequel that isn't all that Soul Reaver BS.

Someone should make a Legacy of Kain sequel that isn't all that Soul Reaver BS.

Minor spoilers for those who haven't played LOK Defiance.

Well Raziel's story is over at the end of Defiance. They were supposed to continue Kain's journey since he was finally equipped to take on the Elder God. Though I'm not quite sure where they would take the story from there.

If anyone has played Bloodline Masquarade, Vampyr is very similiar to that. So far the game map is pretty small with some districts locked out till you progress further into the missions.One thing I hate is the autosave system that limits to one save per new game like they do on Dead Rising. I was 12 hours into the game and decided I had to restart it because I messed up one of my decision choice that would have affected one of the districts. However on restarting a new game, I was able to get back to original progress in less than 2 hours since I just speed run through the dialogue. You have to be very careful with the choices you make

If anyone has played Bloodline Masquarade, Vampyr is very similiar to that. So far the game map is pretty small with some districts locked out till you progress further into the missions.One thing I hate is the autosave system that limits to one save per new game like they do on Dead Rising. I was 12 hours into the game and decided I had to restart it because I messed up one of my decision choice that would have affected one of the districts. However on restarting a new game, I was able to get back to original progress in less than 2 hours since I just speed run through the dialogue. You have to be very careful with the choices you make

If it's half as good as Bloodlines was it'll be money well spent here tbf

If it's half as good as Bloodlines was it'll be money well spent here tbf
Bloodlines was better for me but then again I have an old nostalgic attachment to the game. Vampyr is still worth picking up and is very decision based on the conversations you have with the residents of each district. Its like a combination of LA Noire, Bloodlines, Deus Ex, and Dark Souls although the combat is much more simple and much more forgiving.

Checked out trailers for this game and it actually looks pretty damn good. Might check this out eventually. Still have way to much in my backlog right now.

Back