Roman Zentsov entrance music

Zach The Maniac

Professional Russian
@Brown
Reaction score
I’ve been asked by several people over the years what the music was in Roman Zentsovs Entrances against Yvel and Rizzo, It’s from the movie “Master and Margarita”

Last edited:
He scored his biggest KO’s of his career in those fights. Wrecked both of them and finished Rizzo in 25 seconds.

Yvel got it too, first round KO. Roman Zensov was a beast.

He scored his biggest KO’s of his career in those fights. Wrecked both of them and finished Rizzo in 25 seconds.

Yvel got it too, first round KO. Roman Zensov was a beast.
but... was an underachiever too... Was expecting more from him.

He was a beast for sure!! But like Gono said he never could put it all together, and sadly never achieved what I thought he was capable of.

Rizzo came into PRIDE as one of the best heavyweights in the world and after 2 fights left a crushed man

First he got destroyed and I do mean destroyed in very stylish fashion by Kharitonov and then he got wrecked by one the most devasting hooks in the history of MMA in what seemed like seconds (Rizzo threw his famous leg kick and Zentsov threw his famous counter hook and the fight was over)

The only other sequence of such brutal losses I know of was suffered by Wiedman 2 in his two knockout loses to Rockhold and Romero

Zentsov reminds me of Sergei Golayaev...the guy that defeated Gomi while Gomi was still a top 5 LW and who then basically did nothing after

I’ve always liked Zentsov, but never put it together as a fighter.

He had one of the best left hooks in the sports history though. It was unbelievable.

tumblr_ouc3i5O9UJ1qd4esao1_500.gifv

GiganticIllinformedAtlanticridleyturtle-size_restricted.gif

I don't know anything about his entrance music, but that left hook was just magnificent.

but... was an underachiever too... Was expecting more from him.

When exactly? He was mediocre vs skilled competition except for one year in Pride.
If underachiever it wasnt for lack of opportunities, helped by ties with Fedor.
Daniel Tabera, the WW who - as Fedor acknowleded - beat Zentsov is a much better example of a fighter not getting far enough for the talent he had. Not sure if that stands for underachiever but he would've accomplished much more with support behind him

I read an interview by Roman where he basically said he couldn't keep up with Fedor's grueling training regimens, and that is why he eventually left training with Fedor.

Scariest punhcer in mma......up in russia i saw him and his team wrapping his hands with F-ing Duck tape! Awwwww the Russian Bodog days!

"Master and Margarita" is definitely one of GOAT books.

Don’t know anything about his music but I remember he had a killer left hook. Put away two of MMA’s most dangerous strikers with it.

When exactly? He was mediocre vs skilled competition except for one year in Pride.
If underachiever it wasnt for lack of opportunities, helped by ties with Fedor.
Daniel Tabera, the WW who - as Fedor acknowleded - beat Zentsov is a much better example of a fighter not getting far enough for the talent he had. Not sure if that stands for underachiever but he would've accomplished much more with support behind him
hmmm..yeah, that´s the point, mate...

When he went to the Big League, he did show improvement:
> 2 step-ups in competition, but favourable match-ups (strikers)
> a 3rd step-up, where he could test his ground game:

Zentsov vs Doom - 1.gif Zentsov vs Doom - 2.gif Zentsov vs Doom - 3.gif Zentsov vs Doom - 4.gif Zentsov vs Doom - 5.gif

What he did against Doom was obviously an improvement compared to his 'approach' against someone like Wiuff (2 rounds, 2 bottom games, 2 closed guards...)... but was a lil bit too lil, too late...

Anyway, the Tabera fight is not really relevant, most fighters´s final year is pretty much weak...

hmmm..yeah, that´s the point, mate...

When he went to the Big League, he did show improvement:
> 2 step-ups in competition, but favourable match-ups (strikers)
> a 3rd step-up, where he could test his ground game:

What he did against Doom was obviously an improvement compared to his 'approach' against someone like Wiuff (2 rounds, 2 bottom games, 2 closed guards...)... but was a lil bit too lil, too late...

Yeah, he showed a remarkable improvement when got into the big scene. Just saying I would not exactly labell him as underachiever

Anyway, the Tabera fight is not really relevant, most fighters´s final year is pretty much weak...

True, not very relevant. Still impressive, considering Tabera was a natural WW, and fought Zentsov, Khalidov, Vasilevsky, Zayats, Sparks and Uygun in a span of 6 months; all of them bigger guys than him, and should have gotten the W vs all of them.

A clear case of a forgotten fighter that didnt have the suppot, manager, ties and opportunities a guy as Zentsov had, despite having way more talent, imo

Back