Who here watches the greatest Anime/Manga of all time?

CodeBreaker

What belt?
@Brown
Reaction score
Do you watch One Piece?
Why?

We_Can-2.png

Looks like every terrible anime cliché pushed into one package.

TS I feel like general sherdog population might be the least likely demographic of people to be into One Piece bro

Do you watch One Piece?
Why?

We_Can-2.png
Its too long and I don't care to catch up at this point. I don't watch anime or read manga like I used to, not even close.

When I was younger and the Big Three were taking off I saw a little of each, even got into Naruto hard at one point but dropped it. I liked the premise of One Piece but didn't like the art too much. In end I committed to Bleach, just loved the style and premise of the show.

But it fell off hard eventually, in the end it was the dud of the three. One Piece is still going strong, Nardo had enough steam to jump start a sequel series when it wrapped up but Bleach was running on empty for the last few years of its run and ended on a whimper.

You mean Killing Bites?

DONT GOOGLE KILLING BITES

No offense but fuck One Piece and the horse-shaped corpse of shonen tropes it rode in on.

This is why I can barely ever go into the Anime & Manga thread.

nope... but i should... where can i download it?

You mean Killing Bites?

DONT GOOGLE KILLING BITES
I googled Killing Bites, don't get the problem. Actually the premise sounds cool and the anime is only 12 episodes so I could see myself giving it a shot but based off your post I'm guessing its some shitty ecchi anime.

Death note and one punch man are the only anime shows I've ever enjoyed.

Death note especially. That show was brilliant.

Manga wise I think Miyazaki's Nausicaa is definitely worth reading, its long but not THAT long building effectively as a story rather than endless episodes. If you've only seen the anime(which was released early in the manga's run) your in for a bit of a surprise as well as it takes a much darker more adult direction, ends up rather closer to Hebert's Dune.

I think it makes Miyzaki's career a lot easier to understand as well as he was producing it(single handily) during his "family" era of the late 80's and early 90's. A lot of the darker elements that came to the fore with Mononoke(which feels like a semi adaptation of the latter Nausicaa) and afterwards come from the manga.

Only anime series I'v watched much of are Cowboy Bebop and the English dub of Fist of the North Star with the drum and bass soundtrack...

Back