Favorite Megadeth Song and Album?

Favorite song is tough. Probaly Holy Wars

Favorite album is a tie between Rust in Peace and Countdown to Extinction

fave album
rust_in_peace.jpg

fave song is tough, but at the moment

My favorite album is probably Rust in Peace though. So many amazing songs on that album.

Last edited:
Dave has a tendency to write some stupid lyrics though.
Sweating Bullets is just too fucking stupid for me to listen to.

So many good tunes over the years.

Tornado of Souls, Lucretia, My Last Words, 5 Magics, Hangar 18, Skin o' My Teeth...

I could only give a top 10, can't widdle the list down to just the 1.

That's very difficult. I think Killing is My Business might be my favorite record in some sense, just because it was their rawest angriest and fastest album and it flows together so well. Other albums may have better individual songs, but Killing is my Business is better to listen to front to back. Everything up to and including Countdown was gold though

Favorite album: RIP
Favorite song: 5 magics

Favorite Album - Killing is my Business
Favorite Song - Devil's Island (tough to pick just one)

I've listened to Peace Sells album more than any other...Countdown to Extinction right behind it...As far as songs, no idea of top of head

Symphony of Destruction Live Version

I've always liked the "Aguante Megadeth" chants

Dave has a tendency to write some stupid lyrics though.
Sweating Bullets is just too fucking stupid for me to listen to.

My word he does, he rhymes "feelings" with "feelings" in Peace Sells as well.

Was lisening to Peace Sells today, it just occurred to me that Wake Up Dead is basically a verse, then a solo, then a riff a rama then basically an outro. Weird structure but I fuckin love it.

Oh and this riff might be my favourite Megadeth one of all time, shitloads of fun to play on guitar

Album: Rust in Peace
Song: Peace Sells, first song I heard when i was maybe 6 or 7, my older cousin played it and I was just blown away

Back