TUF 27: Undefeated Ep 6 - 10 p.m. ET

Mondo Freaks

Green Gucci Suit
@Steel
Reaction score
IaUk7zN.jpg

Team Miocic is finally on the board with Trizano's win last week over Clark, and will try to keep the streak going when Team Moicic's Suman Mokhtarian faces off against Team Cormier's Ricky Steele.

Mokhtarian comes to the show with a 8-0 record training out of Australian Top Team.

Ricky "The Karate Kid" Steele (5-0) trains out of SBG-Idaho and cites Scott Jorgensen as an inspiration.

Last edited:
Should be a good one, y'all.

Didn’t know Mokhtarian is the owner of a Twister sub victory. That’s pretty cool. His brother had some good fights in the UFC.

So Suman mentioned him and his brother have their own promotion and it seems this JNI Promotions is it. They've both fought there multiple times and every guy they fought had a 0-0 record and never fought again after losing to one of them...

Probably Steele 10-9. Don’t know how tight that guillotine was.

20180523070514_Untitled1.JPG

"The Ultimate Fighter 27" Episode 6 official result: Ricky Steele def. Suman Mokhtarian via Unanimous Decision (20-18, 20-18, 20-18)

Quotes from this week's fight:

Stipe Miocic: "Suman had a great fight tonight, he has to keep moving forward. You know, Suman knew what he did wrong, and it will be a learning lesson for him, which is okay. He fought hard."

Suman Mokhtarian: " I had a lot of fun tonight, but I let the win get away from me. I wanted to go out there to strike, and try to get the knockout, instead of sticking to the game plan that we set out, but it happens. I have to learn from it, which I will. I hope that I put on a show for Dana White tonight and hope I can get another chance to prove myself."

Cain Velasquez: " Ricky was great in that fight. We have had time to watch a lot of film on Suman. With Ricky’s karate style of fighting and being able to have range with his kicks, we knew he would have the advantage. Ricky really dictated the pace of the fight, with every hit he then moved. The game plan was well executed, with using his range with kicks and strikes."

Ricky Steele: " It was a great fight, Suman really tested me. He came out swinging, and caught me in the eye where I went temporary blind and started seeing three of him. It has happened to me before, so I knew that I could fight through it. Excited to get the win."

Ugh. Suman had a lot to say in the cage but the talk seemed to get in the way of his fighting. Steele won't win the show but seems like a good dude and hopefully he'll get a shot in the big show.

lets hope his foot ant broken! and I can’t wait to see the fight between tyler and that dude that was talking all that shit.

Stipe may be the worst coach in TUF history...at least in terms of in-fight advice. "Pressure him!" "That's it stay on him"

This was an awful matchup for Suman. Record aside, anyone who's seen Suman actually fight knows that he doesn't really have much in the way of takedowns. His grappling is good, but his wrestling is not in terms of takedowns. Why have him fight a fuckign striker with good range control and distance. Steele was never gonna be in danger....especially when Suman has a fucked knee. Oh yeah.....this was the easy option. Diamond was the other. Now I get it.

Good win for Steele, dark horse.

I just watched the episode. When I found out Steele was a karate fighter and all his wins were decisions I thought he wasn't going to be very offensive but thankfully I was wrong. Now why can't Wonderboy be more offensive?

Back