Who's the best soccer player in the world ?

YodaMaster

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Today ?
And in the last 10 years ?
And who's the soccer goat ?

When I watch Cristiano, I see nothing near a potential GOAT. There are obviously better players, he's not even the best player of his own team IMO. He has an exceptional goalscoring rate, but his individual skills are nothing great.

PeleGOAT
easy!

Wasn't born when he played. But from what I saw on tapes, Maradona looked more impressive. But it's 2 different eras so it's tough to compare.

Currently?
It's not really close

I wonder how many pounds he is. He can probably be UFC champ with minimal training, and I just trying to imagine what weight class, seriously no romo.

Messi leads the best league in the world in both goals and assists.

It's Messi.

John O'Shea, played EVERY position for the great and dominant Man Utd

I always felt like zidane was the best when he played. He could just control the entire game and make magical moves passes etc regularly like it was nothing

Today, definitely Messi. Last 10 years it's between Messi and Ronaldo, but probably still Messi (though Ronaldo is not far behind). All time, Messi and Ronaldo are both still up there, but there are other contenders like Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Di Stefano etc. Hard to compare between different eras in terms of picking one player definitively, same as any sport.

Literally all that I've ever known about soccerball history is Pele is supposed to be GOAT.

John O'Shea, played EVERY position for the great and dominant Man Utd
original

On a serious note, it always annoys me that these lists are always full of attacking players.

Back