Sabas Stock Pro series valcro 14 Oz

Yahia Muhammad

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello this is my first Review I wish you will find it Satisfying. I got a pair of maroon black 14 oz I was really excited about them they seemed great at first with the unmistakable smell of leather

The look 9/10

the gloves looked really nice the colorway was really good the contrast between black, maroon, and gold gave the glove a really distinct look with the dual colors with golden lining and golden logo. the leather was soft and with some sort of a matte shine. it was a good Grant style glove with the split thumb and the dual color glove face

The Feel 7.5/10

the glove was a bit more snug than what I'm used to, but I think 16 Oz would've been more suitable for me but it wasn't snug in a bad way. as I use 180" hand wraps with knuckle pads and I have a bit bigger hands 11" across the hand

they were moderate gloves not punchers and not soft gloves the padding was in the right spot between soft and hard.

the thumb was comfortable with a good position. and the glove came with a bit of a broken in feel and you can open form an almost perfect fist from the very start.

the valcre was good and there was good padding around the wrist that offered good support

Performance 7/10

these gloves are comfortable and can be used for either sparring or bag work
and here comes the first con the padding on the left glove was different then the right glove and quite deformed which forced my hand to land jabs at an awkward spot (between the glove and the thumb) this was really problematic

I used these gloves for bag work sparring and pad work and it performed moderately well in all of them you can't say they perform really good at either but you can't say they're bad we can say they are a moderate option all round glove

Craftsmanship and durability 4/10

well here comes the main disappointment before choosing these gloves I read many people singing praise of their craftsmanship and had really high expectations about them.
well as I said the gloves looked good in the start but I noticed right away the dissimilarity in the left glove padding which affected the performance greatly

the stitching: I used the gloves for bag work at the begining for less than 10 rounds and right away i noticed loose stitching and fraying around the thumb in the left glove which eventually broke I stopped using the gloves and went back to my old Titles and now shopping for a new glove in less than 3 months and that was really dissapointing

Attachments

• 31681637_10156034170070733_214338629214928896_n.jpg
    31681637_10156034170070733_214338629214928896_n.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 103
  • 31732214_10156034170365733_6568462686009425920_n.jpg
    31732214_10156034170365733_6568462686009425920_n.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 31326866_10156021952820733_5863843524092362752_n.jpg
    31326866_10156021952820733_5863843524092362752_n.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 106
What the hell happened to SABAS!?

Such a promising company. So sad.

My leather Everlast Protex2 have better craftsmanship then these...and I paid 39$ on sale.

I'm going to start assuming the SA at the start of Sabas stands for SucksAss. A few months a go I was going to get a pair and then the bad reviews started coming in.

Pretty sure they are not hecho in Mexico anymore. Anyway such bad craftsmanship = mass production at low cost.

I actually held back a bit i have a lot of bad things to say
the whole experiment Suckedass Imagining I payed 120 $ for these I had a lot of better options for that price

Shame about the quality. They are some nice looking gloves.
I did want a pair but there seem to be alot of recent reports of bad quality control

Pretty sure they are not hecho in Mexico anymore. Anyway such bad craftsmanship = mass production at low cost.
I messaged Sabas about this on Instagram because I was wondering about that too, and they still claim all the gloves are made in Mexico. It definitely seems like their quality control has really fallen off a cliff though. They seem to still be selling a ton of gloves though. I think the initial good reviews plus the fact that people just mainly like the way they look is driving most of their business.

I think Sabas might be a victim of its own exposure. There's been a lot of good talk about their gloves and that's probably led to an influx of demand. Their producers might be cutting corners to keep up (which would be ridiculous).

I've had my Primes for about 6 months and haven't used them nearly to the level I had used previous gloves, but they're already showing a lot of cracking on the knuckles. This is also despite the fact that I regularly used a leather ointment to keep them supple. I had a pair of Cleto Reyes that I put through the grinder for three months (almost every day use on hard bags) and they held up considerably better than the Primes, which I've been using on softer bags far more infrequently. Needless to say while I love the fit and look, the durability is disappointing. Especially since I spent almost $300 to get a custom pair.

I think Sabas might be a victim of its own exposure. There's been a lot of good talk about their gloves and that's probably led to an influx of demand. Their producers might be cutting corners to keep up (which would be ridiculous).

I've had my Primes for about 6 months and haven't used them nearly to the level I had used previous gloves, but they're already showing a lot of cracking on the knuckles. This is also despite the fact that I regularly used a leather ointment to keep them supple. I had a pair of Cleto Reyes that I put through the grinder for three months (almost every day use on hard bags) and they held up considerably better than the Primes, which I've been using on softer bags far more infrequently. Needless to say while I love the fit and look, the durability is disappointing. Especially since I spent almost $300 to get a custom pair.
Doubt it. This has been an issue with Sabas from their first Triple Cuff model several years ago. It's nothing new or recent.

I tried using the SABAS on the bag for a couple of rounds again on the bag
they're supposed to be punchers gloves but the padding was pillowy and squishy and they were a mess generally the kept moving around my hands

Sabas was selling a bunch of gloves on Instagram for free plus just $16 shipping the other day. Despite the recent bad reviews, I couldn’t pass this deal up, so I ordered a pair of 16 oz ProSeries. Apparently they were just getting rid of some old inventory, and there is nothing wrong with the gloves. You can often get really good discounts on Sabas gear from Instagram...it’s not their main page, but a special page they have just for selling discounted gloves (sabasfightgear vs their main Instagram page, which is sabas_fightgear).

Sabas was selling a bunch of gloves on Instagram for free plus just $16 shipping the other day. Despite the recent bad reviews, I couldn’t pass this deal up, so I ordered a pair of 16 oz ProSeries. Apparently they were just getting rid of some old inventory, and there is nothing wrong with the gloves. You can often get really good discounts on Sabas gear from Instagram...it’s not their main page, but a special page they have just for selling discounted gloves (sabasfightgear vs their main Instagram page, which is sabas_fightgear).

Did you receive your gloves ? If so, are are they ?

Are they in good condition ? Have cosmetic defects, etc...?

Just asking since a lot of Sherdogers stated the SABAS had some defects/cosmetic errors.
Yeah, they were in great condition. The only issue I noticed is that one glove was missing the weight tag. I haven’t used them enough to comment on their durability or anything like that yet. I have generally had good experiences with their ProSeries and Prime models. It is just the SuperSofts that I have run into some quality issues with.

Here is a very interesting and detailed Sabas review for anyone interested. The author believes the gloves are likely made in Pakistan, rather than Mexico.

https://www.expertboxing.com/boxing-basics/boxing-equipment/sabas-boxing-gloves-review

This article is like expertboxing shooting himself in the foot. He has a lot of content but here it seems half hearted and fast tracked for maximum clickbait. So he "reviewed" the Sabas a year ago based on not even owning a pair. What a tool does something like that! Then he has the audacity after realizing his "review" may have led to customers buying bad gloves:

"it was my responsibility to seek the truth."

Yeah that would have been a good start for any review. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

I guess his intention really is a review but this is so bad and superficial. He orders ONE pair (I guess Supersoft) and uses that to determine all of Sabas have too soft padding (the three models are quite different). Same with bubbling. A picture from the internet and his "believe" no other brands have that (well no some do I had it with TopTen).

I wont go through the whole review but its a lot of "believing" and "thinking" without facts.

I dont doubt Sabas has quality control issues. Definitely and for that price at the moment I would rather go with UMA, Topboxer..etc or just put in the extracash for Winning,Everlast, Rival. But EB is a lot of words without much content and I am pretty sure he hasnt put in much time with the gloves training if any at all. So regarding EBs credibility in reviewing gear imo he has none.

Last edited:
This article is like expertboxing shooting himself in the foot. He has a lot of content but here it seems half hearted and fast tracked for maximum clickbait. So he "reviewed" the Sabas a year ago based on not even owning a pair. What a tool does something like that! Then he has the audacity after realizing his "review" may have led to customers buying bad gloves:

"it was my responsibility to seek the truth."

Yeah that would have been a good start for any review. The hypocrisy is strong with this one.

I guess his intention really is a review but this is so bad and superficial. He orders ONE pair (I guess Supersoft) and uses that to determine all of Sabas have too soft padding (the three models are quite different). Same with bubbling. A picture from the internet and his "believe" no other brands have that (well no some do I had it with TopTen).

I wont go through the whole review but its a lot of "believing" and "thinking" without facts.

I dont doubt Sabas has quality control issues. Definitely and for that price at the moment I would rather go with UMA, Topboxer..etc or just put in the extracash for Winning,Everlast, Rival. But EB is a lot of words without much content and I am pretty sure he hasnt put in much time with the gloves training if any at all. So regarding EBs credibility in reviewing gear imo he has none.
I agree! He put sabas in his top 5 gloves but he hadn't tried them!?! He just went by what other people, including sherdog was saying about them at the time. It makes me skepical of all of his reviews and opinions

I agree! He put sabas in his top 5 gloves but he hadn't tried them!?! He just went by what other people, including sherdog was saying about them at the time. It makes me skepical of all of his reviews and opinions
Sounds like what we all really need is someone who actually tests out gloves.

Like a glove destroyer.

Back