Crying in american tv shows..

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
So what is the deal here.. I am four episodes into this. And the grown up men are crying like children. I mean really crying. With propper sound effects and everything.

I have seen it some times before. And that was when GF was watching the biggest loser.

So whats the story? Is it a matter of culture? Do they have crying coaches tearing them up before saying action?

Not trying to be a dick here. I just find it strange. Sure i might tear up myself in the right situations. But full force crying like that?

The only time i cry like that is when I'm stoned af and I'm watching some youtube video about a mistreated dog that gets rescued or something.

The TUF house creates a weird bubble where everything is intensified for TV drama.

The only reason most of people don't cry in front of others is fear of ridicule. The fact is everyone cries or has cried about something...so it's not really strange to me to see someone crying if they fail at something they've committed so much effort to.

The only reason most of people don't cry in front of others is fear of ridicule. The fact is everyone cries or has cried about something...so it's not really strange to me to see someone crying if they fail at something they've committed so much effort to.

Exactly, these guys have nowhere to hide and can't hold it off until they are home. Imagine being in a house with that many people and having to hide any of your other emotions, you may as well just let it rip, people seem to dump their anger and happiness as well in these shows

It's better they get their emotions out.

Thats because these guys are chasing their dreams and potentially getting denied with an ass kicking on live tv, the stakes don’t get any higher. This is there lives bro

So what is the deal here.. I am four episodes into this. And the grown up men are crying like children. I mean really crying. With propper sound effects and everything.

I have seen it some times before. And that was when GF was watching the biggest loser.

So whats the story? Is it a matter of culture? Do they have crying coaches tearing them up before saying action?

Not trying to be a dick here. I just find it strange. Sure i might tear up myself in the right situations. But full force crying like that?

Never really seen it in grown men until i moved to america. And that isnt a dig at americans- i like my life here, just something i noticed.

My wife has made 2 guys cry in front of me on diff occasions in stores (customer service). Her step dad whos a dick cries all the time. She made her ex cry when she dumped him when he was about 24.

My wife has made 2 guys cry in front of me on diff occasions in stores (customer service). Her step dad whos a dick cries all the time. She made her ex cry when she dumped him when he was about 24.

She sounds like a treasure

Do you know rab mcewan??

I don't know is him personally. I went to his gym once when I was 12 or something as a friend of mine wanted to try it, but I was quite lazy. First thing he did was pat my belly and say it's about time you came (wasn't overweight but not in shape lol)

He made us run round the tennis court outside the gym over and over but we just stopped to talk every time he went back inside lol. I went into the ring with Craig and he gave me free reign to try to punch him, I think I had 2-3 mins and never got him once.

My dad was an amateur boxer for a while andI believe he trained with Rab. 3 of my cousins still go quite regularly I think.

I have been wanting to go but am moving out of the area some time soon and I often have quite sharp lower back pain (possibly sciatic) so I have shyed away from it

I don't know is him personally. I went to his gym once when I was 12 or something as a friend of mine wanted to try it, but I was quite lazy. First thing he did was pat my belly and say it's about time you came (wasn't overweight but not in shape lol)

He made us run round the tennis court outside the gym over and over but we just stopped to talk every time he went back inside lol. I went into the ring with Craig and he gave me free reign to try to punch him, I think I had 2-3 mins and never got him once.

My dad was an amateur boxer for a while andI believe he trained with Rab. 3 of my cousins still go quite regularly I think.

I have been wanting to go but am moving out of the area some time soon and I often have quite sharp lower back pain (possibly sciatic) so I have shyed away from it

Haha i live in america now, rab used to train mewhen i was off work (was based in arbroath in marines). Rab is a legend lol.

Only met craig once he was in the US under goldenboy when id joined. Small world. Wester fucking hailes yeoooo

Haha I know that's great, how long ago were you there? I believed it is a registered charity in some description now and had a rekit with some lottery funding etc, it's great that it has been going for so long. You can go the entire day for only £3.00, they deserve the success up there

American tv. They think every show needs a sob story.

Haha I know that's great, how long ago were you there? I believed it is a registered charity in some description now and had a rekit with some lottery funding etc, it's great that it has been going for so long. You can go the entire day for only £3.00, they deserve the success up there

His first words to me as i walked up to the gym were "sorry, only real boxers tonight off ya go!" hahah.

This was in like 2007/08, it's a good gym I miss goin

His first words to me as i walked up to the gym were "sorry, only real boxers tonight off ya go!" hahah.

Haha well I feel better knowing he abuses everyone now then

I remember he was doing a bag pack at the shop Iceland to raise money. Normally when it's the scouts or s kids charity people awkwardly weasle out of giving any money, or hand a few 10p/20p but he was really in no uncertain terms with anyone there that he was packing their bag and he was getting money for it lol

Might try and go, I have a tiring job, a small son and a bad back but tbh tend to use that as an excuse a bit but I think I'd like it. I have 3 cousins that I don't see much but go regularly, at 6ft6, 6ft6 and 6ft8. Be interesting to see if I could get a strike in on them either lol

I like the drop of the g as soon as you are back in Scottish company lol. 2-3 more posts and it'll be gawn

those were really canadians you were confusing for americans

Back