How much Kcal do I need?

tchappy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I’m training 3 times a week, (MMA, Muay Thai) at a total of 6h. I go to school everyday for 9h.

I’m 16 years old, 74kg and 181cm.

I recently started to eat more (goal is 80kg and more strength) but the weight doesn’t move at all.

How much kcal should I eat per day would you say?

I’m training 3 times a week, (MMA, Muay Thai) at a total of 6h. I go to school everyday for 9h.

I recently started to eat more (goal is 80kg and more strength) but the weight doesn’t move at all.

Myfitnesspal

3000 kcal a day

BFE382C7-9073-4D9D-A613-5D596264C460.png

https://tdeecalculator.net/

I would err on the side of caution and probably go down to 2800-3000. The general way people figure out maintenance is 15 x Bodyweight for individuals who are training. This is a pretty good estimate and most people tend to use this.

For reference ever since i was around 23 years old and training with weights 6 days a week i always used 14xbodyweight and it kept me at maintenance.

@tchappy A rough estimation of your maintenance is about 2500-2600, factoring your age and the type of training you are doing i would probably peg you at around 2800-3000. ALWAYS start on the lower side and see what happens with your weight. Eventually you will stabilize.

Great post above. Only true way to find out is to stick to a set level for a period of time, monitor weight in the same conditions then adjust.

Back