Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Came out may 29th.

I haven’t tried to watch more of it. I’ma wait till this weekend where I have a couple hours to binge some. I’m probably like a top tier Arrested Development fanboi, but I just didn’t know what I watching. The Bluths were on the screen, and yet, this wasn’t ‘Arrested Development’. The remix of season 4, while not season 1/2 level goodliness, was not half bad.

I’ll never abandon the show or not consider it to be the best comedy tv show ever; the first 3 seasons are just too good. We will see.
I will give it a watch soon, I also loved the first three ... didn’t hate season 4 but didn’t like it either .. was meh to me

Legion is gettting athird season! I really, really hope Hawley tones is down a bit with the trippy shit for season 3, because this is gettin barely watchable.

Krypton has actually been pretty interesting.
It's gotten better with each episode, especially since there is less and less of a particular annoying character as the show has gone on.

I'm actually surprised at some of the characters that they managed to put in the show. And the production is pretty good. Things move at a fast pace, so it's not a bunch of episodes of emo talking and feelings. They really go into Krytpon society, and make it interesting.

I've considered giving it a try, but there's so much to watch and so little time.

Finally finished off this season's Blacklist. Good to see Fiona Dourif on board now that Dirk Gently's no more. The contents of the duffel bag being outed as the real Reddington's remains was a fan theory that I saw bandied about a few times. Keen's mother was the main theory early on though, but this one looks like it could well have been planned from the off, or at least one of the options.

Yep. Came out may 29th.

I haven’t tried to watch more of it. I’ma wait till this weekend where I have a couple hours to binge some. I’m probably like a top tier Arrested Development fanboi, but I just didn’t know what I watching. The Bluths were on the screen, and yet, this wasn’t ‘Arrested Development’. The remix of season 4, while not season 1/2 level goodliness, was not half bad.

I’ll never abandon the show or not consider it to be the best comedy tv show ever; the first 3 seasons are just too good. We will see.

I’m too big a fan to call anything that show does, as BAD. I enjoy every episode and at this point, the Bluths shouldn’t have been seen since 06 or whatever year the show was cancelled. The show gains traction as the episodes go on. Again though, I’m so biased when it comes to this show that I have no problem admitting it

EDIT: I will say that I didn’t like the way the season ended, ESPECIALLY if we have to wait another 5 years for a new season. Anyone know any details on future seasons?

I heard 'The Americans' ended on a high note, which is extremely rare for a TV series.

I watched the 1st season and the beginning of the 2nd, but lost track after I began truck driving. Is the series worth watching from the beginning?

I heard 'The Americans' ended on a high note, which is extremely rare for a TV series.

I watched the 1st season and the beginning of the 2nd, but lost track after I began truck driving. Is the series worth watching from the beginning?
It was fuckin great imo.

Quick question. Lookin for a new show to watch and have never seen Handmaid's Tale or Killing Eve. Handmaid's tale seems like a "man bad, woman good" type of show and I'm wary of killing eve because of the same thing. Is it just a good show with female leads or is it agenda-ish?

The Break with Michelle Wolf

God fucking awful. Good lord.
I couldn't even make it through the 25 minute episode on account of her voice alone. She needs to get back behind the camera
<{clintugh}>
I thought it was hilarious when she told the sponsors like geico to fuck off because netflix doesn't have sponsors.

the monologue was long though.

Rewatching Humans with the missus has been an emotional roller coaster.

We finally got to that scene in the second season...
...where Pete dies at Qualia's UK HQ. Shit was heartbreaking.

Binged the last X-Files season. Yeah, Carter really doesn't know how to end things. I was a bit disappointed with the season to be honest. I know conspiracy theories are the main thing in the X-files universe but i kept getting a feeling they're kinda forced this season. Also, they totally recycled a bunch of classic episodes. They covered "self aware/evil tech" angle in the very first season, the witchcraft and organ harvesting eps is basically that episode with the black magic wizzard surgeon. And the ep where they see monsters/enemy soldiers story has been fucking done at least twice before. Outer Limits did it and Black Mirror did it most recently. One last thing....is it really necessary that cigarette smoking man is literally behind every major conspiracy ever?? He shot Kennedy, staged the moon landing, was at the Rosswell landing, fucked Mulder's mom and created William. It's just...ridicilous.

HBO Orders First GAME OF THRONES Prequel Pilot from George R.R. Martin and Jane Goldman

The future of the Game of Thrones franchise has become clearer, and that future lies firmly in the past.

HBO is officially moving forward with a pilot order for an still-untitled Game of Thrones prequel, created by Jane Goldman (Kick-Ass, Kingsman: The Secret Service) and George R.R. Martin — the author of the A Song of Ice and Fire novel series on which Thrones is based.

Set thousands of years before the events of Thrones, the project chronicles the world's descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. A logline from the network teased the plot wihtout divulging any specifics: "Only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros' history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend… it's not the story we think we know."

The pilot is based on a story from Goldman and Martin, with teleplay credited to Goldman. Goldman will also serve as showrunner. In addition to Goldman and Martin, executive producers on the series include current Game of Thrones producer Vince Gerardis, as well as Damages and Bloodline co-creator Daniel Zelman.

Goldman and Martin's Game of Thrones prequel is the first of several potential series set in the world of Westeros to move forward at HBO beyond the script phase. In May 2017, a multitude of writers were revealed by HBO to be working on what Martin himself has described as "successor shows." Those writers include Goldman, Max Borenstein (Kong: Skull Island), Brian Helgeland (Legend), Carly Wray (Westworld), and Thrones veteran Bryan Cogman. Game of Thrones creators and showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss are uninvolved in the successor show effort, focusing instead on the forthcoming final season of Thrones after more than a decade spent wandering the world of the Seven Kingdoms.

Speaking previously with The Hollywood Reporter, HBO's Casey Bloys said that any Game of Thrones successors, if greenlit, would not air "until at least a year after the final season." Bloys also added that he did not expect every one of the scripts to move forward beyond the page.

"I think that is probably unlikely," Bloys told THR in July 2017. "This show is very special. I'm not looking to have as many as possible. My sense right now is we would be very lucky if one of the four rises to the level that we have set. Now, theoretically, what if they're all great? That's a high-class problem that I'll solve when it comes to that. But knowing what we know about the development process, that's why we wanted to increase our odds. But I do not see a scenario where we have more than one. But again, high-class problem."

"I'll do anywhere from zero to five," he added in a January 2018 interview. "Though probably more likely one. But we'll see."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...-at-hbo-george-rr-martin-jane-goldman-1118513

I see Fox hasn't picked up Lucifer. The show has gone downhill since it's inception but it was still worth watching. It did run longer than most shows on Fox. I expected it to be cut sooner as Fox always does.

I'm surprised that the guy from lonely island managed to keep Brooklyn 99 alive for so long

I am suprised that dirk gently didnt get picked up by anyone. It seems like cheap show to make.

I see Fox hasn't picked up Lucifer. The show has gone downhill since it's inception but it was still worth watching. It did run longer than most shows on Fox. I expected it to be cut sooner as Fox always does.

I hate that fox canceled it. Decker finaly see's Lucifer is the devil and bam series done.

I'm surprised that the guy from lonely island managed to keep Brooklyn 99 alive for so long
They have a great cast. Terry Crews and Samberg alone have years of comedic history behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back