A Little Bit Of Lethwei

Very primal.

But intetionally trying to get head trauma/ concussions is kind of unecessary imo.

Its like they dont give a shit about old age.

One of the issues I have with Letwei is its rule set.
Why would you allow a time out? It 1. reduces the knockout ratio 2. causes unnecessary brain damage.

I am all about headbutt and bareknuckle style fighting or even KO only, but timeout is just silly imo.

One of the issues I have with Letwei is its rule set.
Why would you allow a time out? It 1. reduces the knockout ratio 2. causes unnecessary brain damage.

The reason behind it is to avoid fluke wins where one unluckily gets caught and its game over. In Lethwei it gives the guy a second chance to redeem himself.

If you win a Lethwei fight you either knocked out your opponent so bad that the time out wasn't enough or you've knocked him out twice so a win in Lethwei is no fluke or lucky decision.

That....is a silly logic lol

You can get a fluke KO and your opponent will be out for 5 minutes.

But sure, there are arbitrary rule every where.

Nothing more idiotic than getting knocked out and resume in a fight with headbutts immediately after. These guys have to be experiencing the worst head trauma out of any sport out there.

The only way to win a fight in Lethei is KO´ing someone, every fight that didnt end as a KO(by their insane standards of course) is declared a draw if im not mistaken

The sport is really hard to follow now that Lekkha Moun died down. I still have great memories from that channel.

That....is a silly logic lol

You can get a fluke KO and your opponent will be out for 5 minutes.

But sure, there are arbitrary rule every where.

If you knock someone out for 5 minutes it wasn't a fluke, there was clearly a lot of force behind it.

The time out originally was to "repair" the fighter if he got injured, for instance if there was a massive gash bleeding heavily, or a dislocated limb or such. It's only recently that now everybody saves this "time out" to "revive" the fighter when he gets KO'd. And they haven't changed the rules so it goes within the rules. Personally I find it adds another dimension to the fight and the winner is truly deserving of the win.

Nothing more idiotic than getting knocked out and resume in a fight with headbutts immediately after. These guys have to be experiencing the worst head trauma out of any sport out there.

For a lot of people there's nothing more idiotic than participating in full contact fights where the objective is to finish your opponent full stop, be it Muay Thai, MMA, or whatever else. Lethwei just takes it a step further that's all.

The only way to win a fight in Lethei is KO´ing someone, every fight that didnt end as a KO(by their insane standards of course) is declared a draw if im not mistaken

That's true for the classic Lethwei rules, but there's also been some modern Lethwei events and championships with judges and decisions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Lethwei_Championship

The sport is really hard to follow now that Lekkha Moun died down. I still have great memories from that channel.

There are a few other channels you can sign up to which upload the latest fights, for instance this one uploads new fights almost everyday: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjzEtuO_R4jXWjoJ0-YI7A/videos
Lekkha Moun has also uploaded a couple of big fights again recently.
Also that's also been a recent 3-hour event shared by @Yodsanan : https://www.fite.tv/watch/lethwei-in-japan-4-frontier/2k6gn/

For a lot of people there's nothing more idiotic than participating in full contact fights where the objective is to finish your opponent full stop, be it Muay Thai, MMA, or whatever else. Lethwei just takes it a step further that's all.
That's a giant leap not a step...

That's a giant leap not a step...

Exactly
Constantly trying to move your head away from hard objects vs intentionally trying to slam it to hard objects at full force is like double the damage (to both brains).

KO revival is like to tripple the damage.

But the winner would be clear. The doubts are removed by the sacrify of fighters long term health.

It is also true that a lot of people find all full contact combat sports as barbaric and unnecessary as well.

<{JustBleed}>

@Tayski has gone full blown Just Bleed as of late.

Come on that's just not true. I've always been just bleed.

On a serious note I'm just a fan of skilled combat sports no matter how violent or unviolent they are. I tend to watch the highest tier and skill level of each sport be it knockdown karate, judo, muay thai, boxing, kickboxing, lethwei, mma, etc.

And I don't deny that lethwei is brutal and really not good for brain damage, especially getting concussed several times in the same fight. That being said I don't think western boxing with 10 or 12 rounds is any safer than lethwei for the brain.

Come on that's just not true. I've always been just bleed.

On a serious note I'm just a fan of skilled combat sports no matter how violent or unviolent they are. I tend to watch the highest tier and skill level of each sport be it knockdown karate, judo, muay thai, boxing, kickboxing, lethwei, mma, etc.

And I don't deny that lethwei is brutal and really not good for brain damage, especially getting concussed several times in the same fight. That being said I don't think western boxing with 10 or 12 rounds is any safer than lethwei for the brain.
Nice man

Any recommendation for me on how and where to watch highest tier judo / knockdown karate? Too much stadiums fight for me for the last year.

Nice man

Any recommendation for me on how and where to watch highest tier judo / knockdown karate? Too much stadiums fight for me for the last year.

I don't want to derail the thread more than I already have, just send me a pm I'll send you some links.

Can we do a stickied lethwei thread? Would be cool to follow the scene but i have no idea where to start

Do we even have enough people interested in the Lethwei's scene?
Without a dedicated poster, that thread is going to be quieter than news from Japan's thread.

Do we even have enough people interested in the Lethwei's scene?
Without a dedicated poster, that thread is going to be quieter than news from Japan's thread.
Well once people start posting fights others may catch interest. I would probably not follow the japanese scene if there was no stickied thread

Back