GSP on Rogan: Nailed it talking on Intermittent fasting

Frederick Burns

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Pointed out it makes sense no entity tries to market this method, as the goal is to consume less often.

I came to this conclusion early on after starting to IF: it's a diet, a lifestyle, that avoids the trappings of advertising, marketing, and general corporate greed.....and given how those practices have led the masses to over-consumption and shitty health, the opposite is the truth.

WAR IF

IF isn't a diet. It's a eating pattern

IF is not the only thing in that realm that is subjected to the markets fuckery. When it comes to food it's best to be proactive and do your own research.

That being said I'm still a little torn on IF. I have done it in the past and love it myself but science does say it's less than optimal for protein synthesis.

^ I would like to review the science you mentioned, but in any case I guess it depends on what's the target for 'optimal'.
Compared to other strategies for fat loss, I'd like to see how it compares.

IF works like a charm in my experience. I’m 45 and nothing has leaned me out like IF. My body fat % is lower now than when I was 16. I also must note that I haven’t lost any strength and in fact have increased my strength.my experience only. Take it for what it’s worth.

i think u need to do 18 hour window at the lowest tbh half of people on the planet only eat within a 8 hour window lol especially those who only r awake 12 hours i use to do 4hour windows

reading this thread i just wondered what's up with that leangains guy.

seems like he overhauled his website since he had a tantrum hiatus some years ago:
https://leangains.com/

Sorry I had a read and not once did GSP nail Rogan!!! I was sooooo disappointed, not a single bit of homoerotic writing......or pictures.......

i wish I was more consistent with it, but hard to get a routine down when life can be so random

It’s sounds so easy that most think it’s no problem until they try it and realize they snack constantly. I was never a big overweight guy so I’ve had amazing results with just a 14 hour fast and a 10 hour eating window. I have cut way down on refined sugar and flour too, so I’m sure that has helped.

@Saint Of The K I don't think the verdict is out on fat loss. So far when it comes to that we know that there is no real difference but who knows what the future has in store. As far as im concerned adherence trumps absolutely everything and i suppose that's the real magic that's occuring. Most people who undertake IF usually do it with a regimented diet or at least with intention of cleaner eating from people who other wise have never done it before. So like the video says if it helps you adhere than it's the perfect diet.

When it comes to building muscle on the other hand it seems less than optimal. Personally i cut with IF. It makes life WAY easier esspecially if you cut at poverty calories like i do.

+1 on adherence.

As for fat loss, since IF/Fasting seems to improve your hormone balance, I would assume it is more effective because there's an added advantage versus a "regular" 3 meals diet, calories being equal. It might lead to a better fat oxydation rate, more muscle preservation, I don't know...

But I'm not sure there are studies on this, so just an assumption really.

Just eat dinner at 5:30 pm and don't eat until brekky at 8. Bingo- a 14.5 hour IF window. Old folks been doing it for years.

@Saint Of The K I don't think the verdict is out on fat loss. So far when it comes to that we know that there is no real difference but who knows what the future has in store. As far as im concerned adherence trumps absolutely everything and i suppose that's the real magic that's occuring. Most people who undertake IF usually do it with a regimented diet or at least with intention of cleaner eating from people who other wise have never done it before. So like the video says if it helps you adhere than it's the perfect diet.

When it comes to building muscle on the other hand it seems less than optimal. Personally i cut with IF. It makes life WAY easier esspecially if you cut at poverty calories like i do.
Yeah I felt that lost some muscle, not the most useful one though but for leaning definetely works.
IF works like a charm in my experience. I’m 45 and nothing has leaned me out like IF. My body fat % is lower now than when I was 16. I also must note that I haven’t lost any strength and in fact have increased my strength.my experience only. Take it for what it’s worth.
Do you lift fasted ?

Yeah I felt that lost some muscle, not the most useful one though but for leaning definetely works.

Do you lift fasted ?
I do lift fasted. I feel energetic and don’t notice any lag. Hydration is key though.

I do lift fasted. I feel energetic and don’t notice any lag. Hydration is key though.
Totally, when I fas I need to drink a lot of water, even more of the suggested.

i wish I was more consistent with it, but hard to get a routine down when life can be so random
Thats why i never bothered trying it. Family dinners, out with friends, dates, etc.

And then you have to couple in certain factora like headaches, working out, caffeine intake if any.

If you have a perfect set schedule then yeah sure, but even if its set, will it always be set?

Totally, when I fas I need to drink a lot of water, even more of the suggested.
When I first started I wasn’t drinking enough water. After I started consciously drinking more than I ever had, I noticed my energy levels really evened out. You definitely need to read as much as possible and fine tune as you go.

When I first started I wasn’t drinking enough water. After I started consciously drinking more than I ever had, I noticed my energy levels really evened out. You definitely need to read as much as possible and fine tune as you go.
Totally , sadly many have different views on water quantity so I follow my instinct. Also I heard that with water you burn more fat.
Thats why i never bothered trying it. Family dinners, out with friends, dates, etc.

And then you have to couple in certain factora like headaches, working out, caffeine intake if any.

If you have a perfect set schedule then yeah sure, but even if its set, will it always be set?
Having little social life makes IF easier.

Back