Strong cider

Aspall or Henry-Westons, 3 for a fiver in tesco.

Imma have to find me some of that Old Rosie. Have a piss up arranged with some school friends approaching, and there are strict rules on what we’re allowed to drink. A flagon of strong cider would be approved.
yeah its lethal. As there is no fizz it's just like drinking squash and it creeps on you

West Country man, are you? I fucking love the West Cunnry, me. Top cider, top bike rides. What more could a man want?
I stand out as an interloper here due to not being a cider drinker, the beer is pretty damn good though so I make do...

What's your favourite drink?
I’m a bit of a fickle whore when it comes to booze, beer-wise I’m seasonal, Stouts/porters in the winter (Bristol Beer Factory Milk Stout or Wild Beer Millionaire by choice), ales in the spring/autumn (Timothy Taylor’s Landlord, St Austell Tribute, Ruddles County) and continental lager if it’s shorts weather (but never Stella, I’m not safe on that stuff). I’ll have the odd cider on a sunny day, but I can’t handle more than a couple.

Wine I’ll drink whatever goes with what I’m eating, hard-liquor wise Makers Mark Bourbon, Metaxa and occasionally a Calvados or Armagnac.

I’m a bit of a fickle whore when it comes to booze, beer-wise I’m seasonal, Stouts/porters in the winter (Bristol Beer Factory Milk Stout or Wild Beer Millionaire by choice), ales in the spring/autumn (Timothy Taylor’s Landlord, St Austell Tribute, Ruddles County) and continental lager if it’s shorts weather (but never Stella, I’m not safe on that stuff). I’ll have the odd cider on a sunny day, but I can’t handle more than a couple.

Wine I’ll drink whatever goes with what I’m eating, hard-liquor wise Makers Mark Bourbon, Metaxa and occasionally a Calvados or Armagnac.
ale geeza.
You like guniness?

ale geeza.
You like guniness?
I’ll drink a Guinness at the rugby (it’s one of the few things at stadium bars that is hard for them to fuck up) but in the world of stouts there are much more interesting options.

Or, to phrase it more honestly, I’m a bit of a hipster twat when it comes to beers...

They have better life than most. I was when I got back. "Back to this shithole
and they love tourists. So nice.
Where do you like in Cornwall? We were staying in Porthleven, did a lot of the coast around there, Poldhu, Kynance, most of the Lizard. Spent a very civilised afternoon getting slowly pissed in a pub on the Helford River.

West Country man, are you? I fucking love the West Cunnry, me. Top cider, top bike rides. What more could a man want?

If you want the ultimate authentic West Country cider experience and you ever find yourself in deepest darkest Somerset, head to the Wilkins Cider Farm in Mudgley - especially for the Wassail.

Old Rog will sort you out.

Your guts won't thank you the next day, mind...

Back