New Style of Pads/Mitts/etc

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
so its interesting to see how the sport is evolving and creating new types of pads to fit a demand. I thought it would be cool to share the new, or relatively new types of mitts out there.

Fairtex new thigh pads seem nice. I cant seem to find any reviews on them yet. They are bigger than I though.

FAIRTEX-THIGH-PADS-TP4-PROTECTOR-TRAINER-BLACK.jpg

ULTRALIGHT-WEIGHT-FAIRTEX-TP4-THIGH-PADS-TRAINER-PROTECTOR.png

these seem pretty nice as well, seems to be the new trend of making hybrid mitts/pads.

triumph-united-tiger-1-focus-pad-tu83011_a_1.jpg

kpl-11-black-orange.jpg

KPL23-NEW-FOREARM-MUAY-THAI-BOXING-KICK-PADS-TRAINING-CURVED-TWINS-SPECIAL-BLACK-WHITE.jpg

Fairtex_kick_Pads_KPLC6.jpg

These look really nice as well

KPL12-LEATHER-KICKING-PADS-FOREARM-TRAINING-CURVED-TWINS-SPECIAL-ORANGE-BLACK.jpg

and I also came across these pads today, double sided mitts. what do you guys think of this? Something that will catch on or not?

so its interesting to see how the sport is evolving and creating new types of pads to fit a demand. I thought it would be cool to share the new, or relatively new types of mitts out there.

Fairtex new thigh pads seem nice. I cant seem to find any reviews on them yet. They are bigger than I though.

these seem pretty nice as well, seems to be the new trend of making hybrid mitts/pads.

kpl-11-black-orange.jpg

KPL23-NEW-FOREARM-MUAY-THAI-BOXING-KICK-PADS-TRAINING-CURVED-TWINS-SPECIAL-BLACK-WHITE.jpg

KPL12-LEATHER-KICKING-PADS-FOREARM-TRAINING-CURVED-TWINS-SPECIAL-ORANGE-BLACK.jpg

and I also came across these pads today, double sided mitts. what do you guys think of this? Something that will catch on or not?

The leg kick pads Fairtex and others make have been around for a while.

I like the Black and White Twins pads/mitts you posted Top King makes pretty cool hybrid Mitts/pads as well. I prefer the old school straight Thai Pads like the K Brand when really going for it ." HARD KICKS ". The double sided mitts I have seen before. Too bulky IMO.

I will recommend the fairtex FMV6 mitts as well I don't know if you are supposed to use them as mini thai pads as well, but I do. I have a TITLE brand body protector that I wear when using these mitts and have the kicker aim for body and catch them with these mitts. The body protector is there in case they miss.

I dont use the velcro wrist straps at all on these mitts. I find them to limit the range of movement and it's much more comfortable to just slip your hand in and use them like that. Some finger covers would be nice.

FMV6-RD-BK_1.jpg

71QTDYjSpaL._SX425_.jpg

<Dana05> .

Last edited:

kpl-11-black-orange.jpg

I've held those Twins Thai pads and they are superb. Thick, solid, tight.

Those double sided boxing mitts look unwieldy and bulky to use. Would be better off just using a belly pad with micro mitts.

I wish you could just buy a left leg thigh pad from Fairtex. Expensive product and I wouldn't use the right leg one enough to spend that money.

does anyone have any video of the twins thai pads being used?

does anyone have any video of the twins thai pads being used?
i Have the Twins full Thai pads and im fairly certain they are the same ones you will see used by Liam Harrison Andy Howson and Jon Haggerty in their Instagram training videos

i Have the Twins full Thai pads and im fairly certain they are the same ones you will see used by Liam Harrison Andy Howson and Jon Haggerty in their Instagram training videos

sorry, i meant these twins thai pads, they are a new model, its like a hybrid between a mitt/pad. I am interested to buy them but was wondring if there is any video of them out there?

sorry, i meant these twins thai pads, they are a new model, its like a hybrid between a mitt/pad. I am interested to buy them but was wondring if there is any video of them out there?

They are the same design as these Top King hybrid mitts :

<mma4> .

trying to narrow it down between the kpl 11 and kpl 23

kpl 11's
kpl-11-black-orange.jpg

I don't think I would like the punch mitt hand compartment on a pair of Thai pads. I like to flip my pad around and clinch with my students during pad work.

Back