'The Wire' - It gets better after the 1st season, right?

If you don't like it after watching the first season, you probably won't like it at all.
It seems a lot of people who do not like the show simply don't like it because the show is a slow burn and they have the attention span of a fly

It seems a lot of people who do not like the show simply don't like it because the show is a slow burn and they have the attention span of a fly

I have the attention span of a fly and it took me YEARS to get through.

I think people suffer when they try to binge it. It's definitely a show that is better digested over time.

If you can't hack it after season 2, it isn't for you.

I think people suffer when they try to binge it. It's definitely a show that is better digested over time.
I binged it the first time and I thought it was a good show. My second viewing is when I had that revelation that this is indeed the greatest show I have ever seen. I don't know if you are a fan of Breaking Bad but that show is great. Was one of the few people I know who watched it from the very beginning. I truly hated having to wait a week for each new episode.

I watched the entire series in two weeks and loved it.

I binged it the first time and I thought it was a good show. My second viewing is when I had that revelation that this is indeed the greatest show I have ever seen. I don't know if you are a fan of Breaking Bad but that show is great. Was one of the few people I know who watched it from the very beginning. I truly hated having to wait a week for each new episode.

A lot of shows are better binged. Especially since the advent of Netflix. Shows are being designed to make viewers want to smash the next episode button.

Some people, with a good amount of focus, can binge slow-burn shows. But those are designed and written to make you think about them long after the episode airs. So, when live, a week later meant to getting validation for your brainpower.

You don't think it did?

Jesus, half the cast of The Wire weren't even actors.

If you haven't watched @Jesus X video 24min long you should.
The guy playing The Deacon was the real deal sold heroine for 100s of millions in Baltimore.
Now he works with kids.

If you dont like the wire you are probably slow, and a Conor fan.

Just finished rewatching episode 1 because of this thread

I didn't find it slow or boring. It was just as good as I remembered it being

I'm going to finish rewatching the entire thing and will post minor thoughts per season as I finish

As I've said many times before, it's a steep investment to ask, but one earned; if you aren't invested after the 10th episode of Season 1 you'll never be a fan.

/thread

It took me a while to learn to appreciate 2. I think a lot of it has to do most people nowadays can't relate with dockworkers.
Well First season was street level average dealers.
Second season was more union corruption and blue collar workers exploitation.

Some stuff isn't for everyone. I loved it myself

The Wire was the shit back when they made it but by 2018 standards it's a little dated in terms of acting, dialogue and all that stuff.

Like if they released it today it would be a total flop.
You're an idiot.
2018 Standards?

Sopranos is better than any of that shit.

I watched a few episodes and really enjoyed it but didn't keep with it. Will try again at some point cuz it seems up my alley I'm just ADD as fuck. I'm more likely to make it through a movie so usually go that route unless I'm just in love with the show a la game of thrones. Comedies always work too.

I had completely forgotten about the plot of legalizing all the drugs

That shit is pretty retarded looking back at it

The end of the Barksdale/Bell crew with Bodie at the end of Season 4 ALWAYS leaves me feeling like someone punched me in the stomach.

EDIT:
It took me three tries to get past about episode 4.

Last edited:
"There you go giving a shit when it wasn't your turn... happy now bitch?"

You're an idiot.
2018 Standards?

Sopranos is better than any of that shit.

The Sopranos is far better than The Wire. It stands on its own. But back then they were both exceptional.

By 2018 standards I mean there are now have been several shows that are on that level. Sopranos still holds up, The Wire doesn’t.

Also, calm down.

The Sopranos is far better than The Wire. It stands on its own. But back then they were both exceptional.

By 2018 standards I mean there are now have been several shows that are on that level. Sopranos still holds up, The Wire doesn’t.

Also, calm down.
The Wire more than holds up, especially the subject matter and how the argument could be made places like Baltimore are even worse now than portrayed in the show for the very things the show highlighted.

‘Middle management means that you got just enough responsibility to listen when people talk, but not so much you can’t tell anybody to go f*ck themselves.’Howard ‘Bunny’ Colvin

Back