Crying in american tv shows..

So what is the deal here.. I am four episodes into this. And the grown up men are crying like children. I mean really crying. With propper sound effects and everything.

I have seen it some times before. And that was when GF was watching the biggest loser.

So whats the story? Is it a matter of culture? Do they have crying coaches tearing them up before saying action?

Not trying to be a dick here. I just find it strange. Sure i might tear up myself in the right situations. But full force crying like that?
I do not think American men cry anymore than other men do I think American television producers just focus on the drama more than other places . Watching the Latin season guys get super emotional about being away from their wife and kids for a few weeks or blubbering about Jesus is worse IMO. It makes sense to me to be emotional when you have an injury that could literally change the course of your career and life .

So what is the deal here.. I am four episodes into this. And the grown up men are crying like children. I mean really crying. With propper sound effects and everything.

I have seen it some times before. And that was when GF was watching the biggest loser.

So whats the story? Is it a matter of culture? Do they have crying coaches tearing them up before saying action?

Not trying to be a dick here. I just find it strange. Sure i might tear up myself in the right situations. But full force crying like that?

There's definitely a difference of culture between Americans and Scandinavians (you're from Norway right?).

I mean I'm not from either but I've recently moved to Sweden and people are a lot more reserved, calm and collected, and rarely extroverts. They don't tend to open too much to strangers with talks or emotions unless they know them well.

Americans on the contrary seem to be the complete opposite. Most Americans I've met in and outside the US are extroverts who like to talk A LOT and also like to express their emotions be it loud laughters, sounds of surprise or even cries.

Of course this is just a general observation of both and not true for every single person.

Where I'm from it's kind of the middle between the two, but Americans and Scandinavians seem to be the complete opposites and the extremes of either sides.

I think using a reality show that picks fighters based on personality over skill should not be your go-to in understanding American culture.

The only time i cry like that is when I'm stoned af and I'm watching some youtube video about a mistreated dog that gets rescued or something.

The TUF house creates a weird bubble where everything is intensified for TV drama.
Haha dude I do that too, also while stoned but when people die all over the world i don't even care.

Back