International [Arab-Israeli Conflict, v4] Israel Sets Goal of Doubling the Jewish Population on the Golan Heights

Last edited:
I thought that was only a plan and not actually executed?

Well, it was actually attempted

“In early May 1943, about 3,500 bats were collected at Carlsbad Caverns and flown in a North American B-25 that had been assigned to the project to Muroc Dry Lake, Calif., for tests. The bats were placed in refrigerators and forced to hibernate. On May 21, 1943, five boxes of bats were dropped from 5,000 feet, but the test was unsuccessful because the bats, not fully recovered from hibernation, could not fly.”

L O fucking L. We strapped bombs to bats and dropped them out of an airplane.... but forgot to wake them up first

How hard can it possibly be to get some fissionable plutonium from the Paki's? Well I guess if the Iranians can't even get some, the Palis definitely won't.

Pakistan has both Uranium-235 and Plutonium-239. So do the Iranians. Iran already has the bomb. They just haven't tested it, unless they had North Korea do it for them. Atom bomb, not a thermonuclear one, rudimentary, probably around 5 kilotons. Pakistan will sell nukes in the black market, and the Russian lost track of a good number of their nukes when they stopped being the Soviet Union.

Israeli aircraft fires warning shot at Gazans making incendiary kites and balloons
Unprecedented strike comes as Palestinians send over 'terror' kites and balloons, some with explosive devices, sparking fresh fires in southern Israel

000_15Q3AX-640x400.jpg

An Israeli aircraft on Saturday for the first time attacked a group of three Gazans preparing a store of balloons that Palestinians have been using to send incendiary devices over the border during Gaza protests, the army said.

No injuries were reported in the strike near the northern Gaza town of Beit Hanoun. The IDF said the aircraft fired “a warning shot.”

“We view the use of incendiary balloons and kites very seriously and will continue to act to prevent their use,” the army said.

The report came as Palestinians continued to send flaming kites into Israel, including one that was apparently carrying an explosive device, Israel Radio reported.

The device was safely detonated by sappers and police warned the public not to approach the kites or balloons.

In Friday’s border violence, Gazans used helium-filled balloons to carry explosives, detonated by remote control, in attempts to attack troops, the IDF said. Officials said no soldiers were hurt in those attempted attacks, but that the tactic constituted a grave new development, Israel Radio reported Saturday, and hence the IDF’s warning shots on Saturday.

Four Gazans were killed in clashes at the border Friday.

000_15Q3A0-e1528555291870.jpg

Kites continued to set fires in Israeli fields and nature reserves Saturday.

One of the new fires broke out near Kibbutz Ein Hashlosha, while another near the city of Sderot.

Police temporarily closed Route 34 to traffic between Sderot and Kibbutz Yad Mordechai due to the fire. Firefighters were battling both blazes.

Earlier, five fires broke out in the area of Kibbutz Be’eri and Kissufim near the Gaza security fence as a result of the flaming kites.

All the fires were extinguished by local firefighting teams and security coordinators. No casualties were reported.

Israel has been battling to combat the kites and balloons and lately has been trying to use drones to bring them down.

A group of conscripted soldiers and hobbyists pressed into service have managed to bring down over 500 fire kites and balloons over the past 10 weeks, a senior officer said Thursday.

The Israeli military anticipated that many more so-called “terror kites” and “terror balloons” would be flown into Israel from Gaza at the weekend as part of large-scale “March of Return” protests organized and supported by the Hamas terror group, which rules the coastal enclave.

Since March 30, Palestinians in the Gaza Strip have launched hundreds of helium balloons and kites bearing flammable materials into Israeli territory, starting over 200 fires, according to authorities.

000_15Q2C9-e1528456477391.jpg

A firefighter attempts to extinguish a fire near Kibbutz Nahal Oz, along the border with the Gaza Strip on June 8, 2018, after it was sparked by a flaming kite flown by Palestinians from across the border.

The flying objects are fitted with a long string to which a Molotov cocktail, pouch of burning fuel or, in a few rare cases, an improvised explosive device is attached.

Nearly 18,000 dunams (4,500 acres) of agricultural fields, forests and grasslands have been burned, causing over NIS 5 million ($1.4 million) worth of damage, officials said.

In two months of mass protests at the Gaza border, over 120 Palestinians were believed killed and thousands wounded by Israeli military fire. The majority of the fatalities were members of terror groups, Hamas and Islamic Jihad have acknowledged. Israel said its troops were defending its border and accused Hamas of trying to carry out attacks under the cover of the protests.

On Sunday, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that in order to cover the cost of damage to affected fields, the government would consider withholding tax revenue funds from the Palestinian Authority.

The decision raised eyebrows among Israeli analysts, who pointed out that the PA does not control the Gaza Strip. Indeed, the authority’s primary rival, the Hamas terror group, has ruled the enclave since ousting the PA in a violent coup in 2007. Making the PA financially responsible for the kites could incentivize Hamas to continue encouraging the tactic, analysts have warned.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israe...ng-shot-at-gazans-making-incendiary-balloons/

Last edited:
17 fires extinguished near Gaza after incendiary kite attacks
Firefighters say 741 acres of forest consumed near the border in the past two months, in addition to thousands of acres of fields
June 10, 2018
F180605YS03-640x400.jpg

After many hours, firefighters succeeded in extinguishing 17 brush fires that broke out Sunday around the Gaza border, apparently having been sparked by burning kites flown from the Strip.

In a video released earlier Sunday, firefighters said that in the past two months, 741 acres of forest were burned in 285 separate incidents, causing tremendous damage to plant and wildlife. The flora will take many years to rehabilitate, officials said.

In addition, police said that children in a town near the border discovered a kite with a suspected bomb attached to it. Sappers neutralized the bomb using a robot. Local councils warned residents never to approach kites that are flown over the border, but to call the authorities immediately.

The most recent flareup in tensions with Gaza has seen sporadic rocket and missile fire at southern Israel. Meanwhile, fires caused by incendiary kites launched over the border on a near daily basis have burned, in addition to forest land, thousands of acres of agricultural fields and grasslands adjacent to the Palestinian territory.

Since March 30, Palestinians in the Gaza Strip have launched hundreds of helium balloons and kites bearing flammable materials into Israeli territory.

Israel has attempted to use drones to down the kites and balloons.

The flying objects are fitted with a long string to which a Molotov cocktail or pouch of burning fuel — or, in a few rare cases, improvised explosive device — is attached.

In Friday’s border violence, Gazans used helium-filled balloons to carry explosives, detonated by remote control, in attempts to attack troops, the IDF said. Officials said no soldiers were hurt in those attempted attacks, but that the tactic constituted a grave new development; on Saturday, an Israeli aircraft for the first time attacked a group of three Gazans preparing a store of balloons, in an apparent response.

According to the IDF, joint teams of soldiers, firefighters, and civilians have managed to bring down over 500 fire kites and balloons launched toward Israel in the past 10 weeks.

In total, nearly 18,000 dunams (4,500 acres) of agricultural fields, forests and grasslands have been burned, causing over NIS 5 million ($1.4 million) worth of damage, officials said.

The kites and arson attacks are linked to Palestinians protesting on the border in what has been termed the “March of Return,” a series of mass protests and attacks on Israel supported by the Hamas terror group, which controls the coastal enclave.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/17-fires-extinguished-near-gaza-after-incendiary-kite-attacks/

Last edited:
To be fair in WW2 we strapped firebombs to bats and dropped them on Japanese cities and it worked.
Didn't the Japanese experiment with weather ballons set adrift in the jet stream, laden with explosives, hoping to reach the west coast of North America?

These fire kites sound pretty awesome, not a bad way to fuck with the Israelis. Go after their crops and make them lose money for their occupation, I like the idea.

These fire kites sound pretty awesome, not a bad way to fuck with the Israelis. Go after their crops and make them lose money for their occupation, I like the idea.
Yeah sure, great way to fuck with innocent farmers.

When I was in Singapore I looked at those candle kite things they frequently light and send off to wherever they land.

I thought I should get some for a second cause they do look pretty. Although seeing I was smoked out of home due to a bushfire a few weeks before I decided against.

Neither side shows much regard for the innocent.

I was just thinking about this kind of attack using mini drones, and a small liquid incendiary.

Didn't the Japanese experiment with weather ballons set adrift in the jet stream, laden with explosives, hoping to reach the west coast of North America?

yup i think a few made it over and started some nuisance fires in the PNW

Neither side shows much regard for the innocent.

I can't say I blame the Gazans at this point, they're living in hell and have nothing to lose really. The retribution is going to be horrible if they injure or kill an Israeli though.

Innocent people are trapped in an open air prison and being slowly killed as Gaza becomes uninhabitable, desperate times call for desperate measures. I know you'd prefer they stay quiet and let Israel take as much as land as it wants until all Palestinians are pushed into the sea or onto reservations but the Gazans aren't going to let that happen lying down.

Israeli army edits video of Palestinian medic its troops shot dead to misleadingly show she was 'human shield for Hamas'

Edited clip condemned by Palestinians and rights activists as attempt to ‘justify’ 21-year-old Razan al-Najjar’s death

The Israel Defence Forces (IDF) has been widely criticised for releasing a video in which footage of killed Palestinian medic Razan al-Najjar has been edited in order to portray her as “not an angel”.

The 21-year-old was shot in the chest by an IDF sniper during protests on the Gaza-Israel border on 1 June as she attended wounded protesters.
On Thursday several Israeli government and army officials tweeted the video – named “Hamas’ use of human shields must stop” – which shows part of an interview Ms Najjar gave with Lebanese al Mayeen TV where she says she was acting as a “human shield”.

In the full clip, however, the young woman goes on to say she was present at the protests to “save the wounded at the front lines”. She does not mention Hamas, the militant group which controls the Gaza Strip.
Shoot a medic and then dishonestly try to defame her, what else can one expect from the "most moral army in the world" at this point?

If Israel takes Palestinian farm land then it wouldn't surprise me if Palestinians would rather burn the land than let the Israelis benefit from stolen land. I would do the same. Wouldn't everyone? If the land was the only means of making a livelihood for your family and it was taken away by greedy terrorists then your family is left in a very dangerous situation.

At Gaza Protests: Kites, Drones, Gas, Guns and the Occasional Bomb
By David M. Halbfinger | June 8, 2018​

merlin_139292436_7eb99af9-d7a8-45a6-b693-b0dd3dd381c0-articleLarge.jpg

Flaming tails turn kites used by Palestinians into weapons​

NAHAL OZ, Israel — The last Friday of Ramadan again brought thousands of Palestinians to the fence that separates the Gaza Strip from Israel for a day of peaceful protests, or violent riots, depending on which side you support in the conflict. For me, it was a chance to see things the way Israeli soldiers do.

From the drive through smoldering fields and scorched earth to the berms atop which snipers peer through powerful binoculars to compensate for the fog of war — or whatever this fight should be called — there were new signs of damage and destruction, new adjustments in tactics on both sides, but few reasons to think the clashes would end anytime soon.

Israel calls its military a “learning organization,” and on Thursday, it tried a pre-emptive strike: A drone normally used to spray tear gas dropped a single firebomb on a huge stockpile of tires in the Rafah area, setting it ablaze and denying the Palestinians a source of smoke screens to conceal their efforts to break into Israel.

On Friday, there were repeated attempts to inflict harm on the Israelis, military officials said. Soldiers were fired upon at least once from the northern Gaza Strip. In Nahal Oz, east of Gaza City, the commander of a company of snipers said that four bombs or grenades had been hurled at his men roughly halfway through the day.

The commander, who could not be identified by name according to conditions set by the military, said his men were “trying to hurt as few people as we can.” But soldiers killed four Palestinians, including a 15-year-old boy shot dead east of Khan Younis, and more than 600 people were injured, according to Gaza officials, among them a photojournalist shot in the leg.

More than 120 Palestinians have been killed since the fence protests began on March 30.

At one point on my visit, reporters could see scores of Palestinians running south from our point along the fence. Soldiers chased them in jeeps, and we heard a half-dozen live rounds.

“This is something that we cannot allow,” the senior commander said, pointing to the action. “Because if that group is crossing the border inside to Israel, we’ll have to be more aggressive. So we have to stop them on the fence. Now you see the story — and this is a nonviolent day.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/08/world/middleeast/gaza-israel-protest-fence-border.html

Back