General MMA Discussion & Future Lines - March, 2018

I like Cowboy line, what are your thoughts on OSP?

Need to watch tape but initial thought is that OSP can be a slow starter and has multiple fights he was losing but came back to win with opportunistic KO's. Pedro starts fast iirc. Something to consider.

And what do you guys think about Blagoy/Junior - 2.30/1.62
Blagoy has some nice boxing and i am not sure if we can trust Dos Santos`s chin anymore. Junior is for sure on another level compared to Blagoy`s previous opponents but his only loss is from Volkov and i am not sure if he has ever been in danger in his fights (correct me if i am wrong) and he has a solid chin. I think we can get even better price for Balgoy anyway, so maybe better to wait.

I am on JDS for 3.5u at -141. Blagoy's boxing is decent, but he is undersized, cardio isn't very good and I am not sure he has much for power. He went 5 competetive rounds with Josh Copeland recently, with the majority of the fight playing out on the feet.

I didn't like how JDS kept backing to the cage against Stipe, but he was clearly hesitant due to Stipes size/power combo and Stipe's boxing is excellent. Blagoy doesn't have the footwork, reach (JDS 4 inch reach advantage vs 3 inch reach disadvantage to Stipe), power, etc. to have sucess doing the same. Think we are getting a pretty significant discount on JDS, this is his worst opponent in a decade.

Last edited:
I am on JDS for 3.5u at -141. Blagoy's boxing is decent, but he is undersized, cardio isn't very good and I am not sure he has much for power. He went 5 competetive rounds with Josh Copeland recently, with the majority of the fight playing out on the feet.

I didn't like how JDS kept backing to the cage against Stipe, but he was clearly hesitant due to Stipes size/power combo and Stipe's boxing is excellent. Blagoy doesn't have the footwork, reach (JDS 4 inch reach advantage vs 3 inch reach disadvantage to Stipe), power, etc. to have sucess doing the same. Think we are getting a pretty significant discount on JDS, this is his worst opponent in a decade.
Just to mention that in his fight with Copeland, Blagoy suffered a big cut from head clash, maybe that is why he played it a little safer. No matter that, your points are absolute valid, but i am still not confident in Junior`s chin and this is 5 round fight, Blagoy will catch him sooner or later.

Just to mention that in his fight with Copeland, Blagoy suffered a big cut from head clash, maybe that is why he played it a little safer. No matter that, your points are absolute valid, but i am still not confident in Junior`s chin and this is 5 round fight, Blagoy will catch him sooner or later.

It's possible, but he isn't a big puncher and clearly slows down, 5 rounds favors JDS imo.

Last edited:
BTW anyone going to start up a separate thread for UFC Fight Night 132? 3 fights with lines..

It's possible, but he isn't a big puncher and clearly slows down, 5 rounds favors JDS imo.
i agree, against alencar, although he won easily, he looked poor. Plodding, slow And unfit (thinkit was the heaviest he’s ever weighed in at which is weird) seen his last few performances and he can’t cut the ring off well and doesn’t mix his game up, just think JDS at this price is very nice tbh like you say!

BTW anyone going to start up a separate thread for UFC Fight Night 132? 3 fights with lines..
I will do it now. Until yesterday, Sherdog's list of bouts was not complete for some reason so I didn't want to screen cap it like that.

I will do it now. Until yesterday, Sherdog's list of bouts was not complete for some reason so I didn't want to screen cap it like that.

Thanks man. If i wans't a bum with technology I would've done it myself lol.

Normally I hate betting on future events and letting the bookie sit on my money, but at these odds I've to at least put a couple hundred down on T-wood.

Colby's game won't work against Woodley who's the better wrestler and striker here. And I like it that Woodley has already agreed to fight him on the MMA Hour and on twitter as well and seems really excited to beat Colby's ass.

EDIT:
At BetOnline Woodley is -125

Last edited:
And what do you guys think about Blagoy/Junior - 2.30/1.62
5 rounds favors JDS imo.
I'm also on JDS here, Blagoy's going to have a lot of problems getting into range and while Blagoy's boxing is pretty good I think JDS is miles ahead of the Bulgarian.

Just rewatched the Alencar fight and Blagoy's already gassed after 2 rounds, so I think you definitely right that a 5 round fight favours JDS.

All by all I'm happy to take the bigger, more skilled fighter with the better gas tank @-152 / 1.66.

Last edited:
tons of value on OSP as an underdog. Pedro is totally unproven commodity at this point.

What would you set the line as personally?
Think theres any value on a sub? He loves them von fluke chokes, its like he wants to set a near unbeatable worldrecord

Normally I hate betting on future events and letting the bookie sit on my money, but at these odds I've to at least put a couple hundred down on T-wood.

Colby's game won't work against Woodley who's the better wrestler and striker here. And I like it that Woodley has already agreed to fight him on the MMA Hour and on twitter as well and seems really excited to beat Colby's ass.

EDIT:

disagree, colby will force woodley to work when he doesn't want to and destroy his gas tank. i love colby as a dog.

disagree, colby will force woodley to work when he doesn't want to and destroy his gas tank. i love colby as a dog.
I'm really confident in Woodley here, really can't see Colby winning this one.

Bet-at-home lines I haven't seen anywhere else

Hunt -200
Oleinik +140

Gaethje -117
Iaquinta -117

Tybura -400
Struve +255

EDIT:

I think Covington can beat Woodley on volumr and pressure. Woodley wants to throw so much fewer strikes than Covington will force him to do.

Last edited:
Back