E3 2018

Never understood the hype for smash Bros.

It's a smashing time of fun if you play it will friends in the same room. some of the best fun in gaming ever personally. We had several people who were very competitive with the game.

Fortnite is maybe the most popular game in history they'd be stupid not to have it on their system. And Smash is a goddamn legendary fighting game. Im not the biggest fan of either game personally but they make complete sense.

I just want a Conker's Bad Fur Day remaster to give me enough reason to buy a Switch.
I just meant that that’s all they really had for this year.

It's a smashing time of fun if you play it will friends in the same room. some of the best fun in gaming ever personally. We had several people who were very competitive with the game.
That is the only way I have played it.

The Switch is starting to feel a hell of a lot like the Wii U now. There's going to be a major software drought in the coming months, and the third-party support isn't looking good at all (is there ANYTHING notable other than Starlink?).

I was really hoping for some surprising announcements like a new Luigi's Mansion, or Mario Maker, or... hell, anything for that matter.

My Switch has been collecting dust ever since I beat Xenoblade 2 way back in January.

I just meant that that’s all they really had for this year.
Gotcha. E3 overall had its highs but also a lot of lows.

I'm hyped for Fallout but after that not much. Maybe Skull and Bones being a much better Sea of Thieves and Mavericks being a better PUBG.

Shadows Die Twice is my most anticipated with TLOU2 following in second followed by Ghost and NiOh2. Crappy E3 for fighting games fans.

I don't know what to think of Death Stranding. It looks soooooo weird and my interest is solely in making sense of what the fuck he's been showing in his trailers. The gameplay so far looks... boring as shit... we still haven't seen much but so far the only reason I want to play this is I want to find out what the fuck is going on...

The only exclusive I care about is Ori... That looks good as shit. i'll get that on PC.

Battletoads is interesting. I wasn't a fan of the NES game (hate that bike level) but I'd like to see what the new battletoads will be like. won't make me buy a xbox but I can be jelly. trailer didn't say much though.

Really? Guess you're not a racer. Forza Horizon 4 was my fave reveal of the Xbox exclusives keynote. I might get an X for it. 60 fps and 4k and holy shit it looks and sounds amazing.

Best racer on any platform.

As far as battletoads goes, they better have that pause music.

Probably be of the 4 studios they acquired and their very own new studio they just opened. I got hyped when Xbox got Ninja Studios. With that Microsoft $$$ no telling what theyre going to make.

Ninja Theory is seriously a powerhouse. The games they made with little budgets like Enslaved and Hellblade is crazy.

So games I am looking forward too. As either day 1 or sale price buys are..

Exclusives..
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Tunic
  • Battletoads
Third party buys..
  • Sekiro
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Fallout 76
  • DOOM Eternal
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • Nier Automata BAG
  • Captain Spirit
Games I am on the fence..
  • The Division 2
  • Skull and Bones
  • Anthem (even though the reveal was shit)
  • Rage 2
  • Gears 5
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • We Happy Few
Other console exclusives I wish I had..
  • Last of Us 2
  • Ghosts of Tsushima
  • Spiderman (looked decent)
  • Super Mario Party

Good E3 and even though I am biased I am usually fair I think Microsoft won this year. Rare to say as they usually are below Nintendo and Sony but they had some really nice surprises a strong presentation with 50 games, good flow, no cringe and lastly those 5 studios was a yuge get for them.

Last edited:
Really? Guess you're not a racer. Forza Horizon 4 was my fave reveal of the Xbox exclusives keynote. I might get an X for it. 60 fps and 4k and holy shit it looks and sounds amazing.

Best racer on any platform.

As far as battletoads goes, they better have that pause music.

Nope.. not a racer.. at all. I like Mario Kart but that's more battle racing.

Why is this thread stickied?

Overall a very decent E3 imo. Most excited for:

Sony:
1. Devil May Cry 5. Put it first because we actually know when it's coming out
2. Ghost of Tsushima. That trailer was fantastic.
3. TLOU2. Not overly keen on playing as Ellie (loved having her as a companion, seems like we're playing without one this game) and still no word on Joel. Trailer was incredible though.
4. Shadows Die Twice.
5. AC Odyssey. Still gotta play Origins at some point, but over the years I've invested so much into the series it would feel weird not to keep going.
6. Dragon Quest XI. Wanted this on the Switch but since we have no idea when that's coming I might bite the bullet and get it on PS4.

Nintendo:
1. Splatoon 2 Octo expansion. Originally no word about it then dropped a release date of tomorrow!
2. Hollow Knight. Been waiting forever for this, have it downloaded already, can't wait to play.
3. Smash Ultimate. Looks great, and we now have every character who has ever appeared in a Smash game all in one. Plus some new ones still to be revealed.
4. Super Mario Party. Been forever since the last one and they went back to the classic board game style. Hype.
5. Pokemon Let's Go. After watching them play it after the Direct I'm a lot less worried. Only the wild encounters have been changed. Battles are still the same. This will be a good filler while we wait for the other mainline game in 2019.
6. Tales of Vesperia remaster. Available multiplatform but I'd love being able to take a nice JRPG on the go.

Just saw that my thread is a sticky thread.

Proudest moment on sherdog...
tenor.gif

What the hell? How did I miss God of War is getting NG+?

Boss

Sony being stingy on cross-play is stinging fortnite players

Back