UK Police Shut Down Popular Gun Channel on YouTube, Branding it a 'Forum of Extremism'

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
It seems like everyday England is getting more totalitarian. I really think that the police targeted this guy because they want to stop anyone from even knowing you can still own a firearm in England. As far as I can tell England hasn't completely banned guns because the elites want to still be able to fox hunt and have their bodyguards to be able to own them. Channels like these let the working class know that it is possible to own a firearm and the English elite don't want that. This is why we need to guard our free speech rights jealously.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/uk-pol...-on-youtube-branding-it-a-forum-of-extremism/

On Sunday, YouTuber Calum Long-Collins announced he would be effectively shutting down the channel EnglishShooting, a YouTube channel that racked up more than 15,000 subscribers and more than 12 million views in the past four years. Long-Collins said the police had marked his YouTube channel as a "forum of extremism," and that he had to "show the police that I am a fit character to own firearms within the U.K."

"I was told that due to repeated comments from other people on the videos [police] felt that the channel was a forum of extremism and it was promoting views that were not in line with legal firearms ownership within the U.K.," Long-Collins said in a YouTube video announcing "The End of EnglishShooting."

The trouble began two years ago, when his licenses were revoked following a false accusation. His licenses were restored, but police found previous videos on his channel that they considered suspect.
"Over the past two years, I’ve made significant efforts to change the direction of the channel, change the videos, and to change my own beliefs and views around firearms and firearm ownership," the YouTuber said (emphasis added). "Unfortunately, I’ve failed to bring the channel and the videos to the standard that the police feel is adequate and I only have myself to blame for this."

Throughout the video, Long-Collins sounded as though he had been forced through an Orwellian re-education. He admitted that the errors were his alone, even though it seemed police had the biggest problem with commenters on his YouTube channel, rather than his own comments and videos. He even admitted that he has attempted to change his own beliefs in order to combat the government revoking his firearms licenses.

The authorities "were very clear that there was a high likelihood that my applications would be rejected so I made the decision to remove them voluntarily," the YouTuber said. "My focus now is purely to keep my head down and to show the police that I am a fit character to own firearms within the U.K."

Last edited:
Interesting, but he doesn't want to share what he did to get his licences revoked online, so there's not much to say about an incomplete account.

Seems he's learned to like the taste of the boot...

This is what happens with no Second Amendment

pretty weird that they try to get certain channels like this and Forgotten Weapons, but onesided biased as hell political channels like NowThis and Vox are not only allowed and sponsored, but pushed by YT itself in the recommendation algorithms

Then again, nobody is forced to use YT to A) disseminate info, or B) make money so.....

It seems like everyday England is getting more totalitarian. I really think that the police targeted this guy because they want to stop anyone from even knowing you can still own a firearm in England. As far as I can tell England hasn't completely banned guns because the elites want to still be able to fox hunt and have their bodyguards to be able to own them. Channels like these let the working class know that it is possible to own a firearm and the English elite don't want that. This is why we need to guard our free speech rights jealously.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/uk-pol...-on-youtube-branding-it-a-forum-of-extremism/

England is a perfect example of why we have the Second Amendment.

Last edited:
This why I don't have too much sympathy for police officers, or politicians, who are murdered:rolleyes:

I personally wouldn't mind if our government covertly shipped a few thousand M-16's to the EDL, or some other worthy resistance movement. Those Brits really should figure out a way to arm themselves..
yeah cos that would help wouldnt it? giving guns to bigoted football hooligans.... what could possibly go wrong?

pretty weird that they try to get certain channels like this and Forgotten Weapons, but onesided biased as hell political channels like NowThis and Vox are not only allowed and sponsored, but pushed by YT itself in the recommendation algorithms

Then again, nobody is forced to use YT to A) disseminate info, or B) make money so.....

Forgotten Weapons hasn't had any troubles from what I've seen. Other than having to censor the Nazi flag for their videos on WWII German Weapons to avoid being demonetised.
I'm not sure what this guy did to lose his licences (he says in the video he doesn't want to discuss it online), but the other big british channel RackNLoad doesn't seem to be having any issues.

Forgotten Weapons hasn't had any troubles from what I've seen. Other than having to censor the Nazi flag for their videos on WWII German Weapons to avoid being demonetised.
I'm not sure what this guy did to lose his licences (he says in the video he doesn't want to discuss it online), but the other big british channel RackNLoad doesn't seem to be having any issues.
quite a few US channels about firearms have been hit ( I think Demolition Ranch is still fine) for what seemed like nothing but being about firearms

quite a few US channels about firearms have been hit ( I think Demolition Ranch is still fine) for what seemed like nothing but being about firearms

I think current youtube policy is that you can't advertise or sell guns or promote firearms retailers.
Although I see the Military Arms Channel is still up, so I'm not sure how exactly that works.
I think that's why Ian on Forgotten Weapons switched to promoting his website, which then has links to the auction houses, rather than linking directly to them.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7667605?hl=en
Policies on content featuring firearms
YouTube prohibits certain kinds of content featuring firearms. Specifically, we don’t allow content that:

• Intends to sell firearms or certain firearms accessories through direct sales (e.g., private sales by individuals) or links to sites that sell these items. These accessories include but may not be limited to accessories that enable a firearm to simulate automatic fire or convert a firearm to automatic fire (e.g., bump stocks, gatling triggers, drop-in auto sears, conversion kits), and high capacity magazines (i.e., magazines or belts carrying more than 30 rounds).
  • Provides instructions on manufacturing a firearm, ammunition, high capacity magazine, homemade silencers/suppressors, or certain firearms accessories such as those listed above. This also includes instructions on how to convert a firearm to automatic or simulated automatic firing capabilities.
  • Shows users how to install the above-mentioned accessories or modifications.

But they let Imams say the most dangerous shit possible.

God save the Queen.

Brownells had all its YT uploads deleted the other day. Can't imagine they were doing anything other than plugging products and showing care/maintenance/assembly.

Back