Bethesda announcement incoming...it's Fallout 76

I think it's ok that they're doing something different. Not that it was getting stale but it's ok to go a different route, take some time off and go back to the roots a few years later. I am very pleased with this announcement.

Also as no VATS they better have stepped up their game with the gun play and iron sights/scopes mods have helped but on their own has been lame.

Its not really an MMO but yea I get what you are saying and I agree. Its one thing if I want to go play something like WoW for example. Its a huge world and I can choose to play on a server where people can't attack me. The choice is mine to not play on a PvP server. So if I want to play solo I can, or I can group, or even raid. Its completely different if Fallout 76 is a basically a PvP game because no matter what I do, there will always be some griefer happy to fuck with me.

They need some no PVP servers, I can just imagine some people just camping outside the Vault or the area after first mission area where you join the live world.

They need some no PVP servers, I can just imagine some people just camping outside the Vault or the area after first mission area where you join the live world.
if it's purely pvp bs I won't be playing the game is going to be 4x the size of FO4 if it's all pvp they can fuck off.

Don't think that is going to happen, there are no servers, at least in a traditional sense where you select one. You just hit play game and it puts you in some sort of server instance. Todd Howard did say that it would put you in the same instance/server as your friends are in though so you know what that means. It means 8 or 9 dicks are going to be teamed up all over your ass lol. Another thing is how many on each server. Bethesda described it as "dozens" so its not going to be anything like an MMO server where there are 5000+ on each server.

if it's purely pvp bs I won't be playing the game is going to be 4x the size of FO4 if it's all pvp they can fuck off.

You aren't alone. I saw on reddit there is already a petition to Bethesda they are asking people to sign that requests an "offline mode" where people can play alone in Fallout 76 but I don't think there is a chance in hell of that. This is what Bethesda wants to make and Todd Howard's attitude is pretty much, don't like it, don't play it.

Saw this today.

Cliffs:

1. Mods will be available in Fallout 76 but will not be available at launch. He also said "You will be able to have your own private world and be able to mod it." Some people are saying that sounds like the "offline mode" that allows for single player but then he says later in the interview that you cannot play offline. As usual Todd Howard is the master of not giving a straight answer about anything.

2. There are no NPC's which makes it hard to understand how this system of quests and story line will work but Howard says there will be robots, terminals, and holotapes. Its a discovery type quest system where you have to find something in the world to start the quest like a letter or terminal. He does add that the idea of running into a group of raiders, for example, won't happen in Fallout 76, those will be real players.

3. Howard says he does want there to be some drama in Fallout 76 but he doesn't want it to be "griefy" and that Bethesda will "dial it in" so that its now. I have a hard time believing you Todd.

4. V.A.T.S. is still in game but its real time, it does not slow time. It will allow you to pick targets so if you are not as good a twitch player who can hit head shots on the fly, you can create your character to be good at V.A.T.S. so that you can level the playing field somewhat.

Saw this today.

Cliffs:

1. Mods will be available in Fallout 76 but will not be available at launch. He also said "You will be able to have your own private world and be able to mod it." Some people are saying that sounds like the "offline mode" that allows for single player but then he says later in the interview that you cannot play offline. As usual Todd Howard is the master of not giving a straight answer about anything.

2. There are no NPC's which makes it hard to understand how this system of quests and story line will work but Howard says there will be robots, terminals, and holotapes. Its a discovery type quest system where you have to find something in the world to start the quest like a letter or terminal. He does add that the idea of running into a group of raiders, for example, won't happen in Fallout 76, those will be real players.

3. Howard says he does want there to be some drama in Fallout 76 but he doesn't want it to be "griefy" and that Bethesda will "dial it in" so that its now. I have a hard time believing you Todd.

4. V.A.T.S. is still in game but its real time, it does not slow time. It will allow you to pick targets so if you are not as good a twitch player who can hit head shots on the fly, you can create your character to be good at V.A.T.S. so that you can level the playing field somewhat.

And while you're doing vats you get headshotted.

So far Fallout76 seems like a pass for me, but it will likely someday join my collection from a sale...

Saw this today.

Cliffs:

L U FUCKING L

The RPG known as Fallout is no more. If 4 was the writing on the wall then this is the nail in the coffin.

EDIT: Todd must have really taken the criticism to heart in regards to the dialogue and system in 4. So much so that they're going get rid of NPCs all together. Fuck off lmao.

Last edited:
L U FUCKING L

The RPG known as Fallout is no more. If 4 was the writing on the wall then this is the nail in the coffin.

I'm not exactly happy about it but I'm trying to keep an open mind. The biggest disappointment here is that it seems like this pushes Fallout 5 back by who knows how many years. Very disappointing.

And while you're doing vats you get headshotted.

So far Fallout76 seems like a pass for me, but it will likely someday join my collection from a sale...

Yea I'm undecided but leaning don't buy. Its hard to resist a Fallout title though, even Fallout 76.

this sounds fucking stupid so it is basically a rust mod for FO4 fuck that.

Just exploring and leveling up seems worth the price to me. I honestly don't give too much of a shit about the story.

That was 8 years ago dumbass. And no, you're wrong, the expansions are what kept the online community alive so long.

Lmao I can't believe you're seriously trying to argue that this. Look at their rate of releases before WoW. Then look at their rate of releases after WoW up until now.

Great job coming off super special. They released the Starcraft 2 campaigns over multiple expansions. Legacy of the void came out in 2015. Soooo what again are you talking about tough guy?

Their releases haven't been less often and they are doing all sorts of projects now. Sorry you haven't embraced the modern world of gaming wherein it's almost silly to not have MP in most game types.

Saw this today.

Cliffs:

Jesus...

index.png

For everyone crying about online- PvP will be optional and even if you agree to it and die you won't lose anything. Your base also can't be completely destroyed and it will be very easy to rebuild which makes destroying someone's base like in Rust completely pointless and unrewarding.

One great thing about online games with private servers and mods is that custom servers will be a thing. There will be servers with active admins and plugins to cater to all kinds of experiences like role play and limited clan sizes(even solo only servers).

For everyone crying about online- PvP will be optional and even if you agree to it and die you won't lose anything. Your base also can't be completely destroyed and it will be very easy to rebuild which makes destroying someone's base like in Rust completely pointless and unrewarding.

One great thing about online games with private servers and mods is that custom servers will be a thing. There will be servers with active admins and plugins to cater to all kinds of experiences like role play and limited clan sizes(even solo only servers).

Are you pulling this all out of your ass? In 76 PvP is not optional unless you mean I can attempt to flee when you try to kill me.

If there are private modes, then I might consider playing it. What really sucks is that this is coming out right around the time RDR2 comes out.. and I have a hard time thinking that this is going to pull me away from RDR2 at all.

Lol at people comparing this to rust. You think Bethesda is going to mimic a game known for having one of the worst communities?

I would think a AAA studio would do as much as they can to make sure their game is mainstream enough that their title won’t be called “toxic”

And I am sure they know many of the people who play their games are not the same people who play survival games that require you to actively play the game every few hours.

I don’t know if the game will be any good though

Back