DW's Tuesday Night Contender Series 2018 Week 1: LIVE on Fight Pass 8PM ET/5PM PT PBP Discussion

Suck for Curtis...Should have sent Hardy to minor orgs first

I think Jackson deserves a contract he looks like the most complete fighter.

But Dana only watches for KO's so I doubt he will

Hopefully Shelby or Maynard kept their eyes open. That kid is going to be special.

Curtis got screwed but Dana will probably bring him into the UFC at a later date like he did for some others.

Hope Curtis at least gets a 2nd shot.

I say put Hardy on TUF. Next season is going to have HWs and he needs more experience, well there you go. Win-win, he gets more time and you can advertise a well known sports name being on TUF

Good event. 4 finishes in 5 fights. I'll take that.

Thought Curtis should have been signed though.

I think Dana puts Jackson and Curtis on a later contender series like he did with Charles Byrd last season.

You guys realize this is a show right? they only announce 1 or 2 guys to be signed for the purpose of drama on the show, they'll probably bring in the Curtis guy too later, its not like they're not allowed to sign him regardless.

Curtis had to go to the hospital, who knows if he'll be able to fight again in a few weeks.

So im guessing greg hardy is going on the ultimate fighter. I heard the next season is hws so it makes perfect sense. The way dana phrased it makes sense as well plus the timing.

Don't know why there are folks in this thread assuming Curtis gets in later, look what happened to Thanh Le last season. Curtis should have got a deal, he was the most impressive fighter of the night imo.

Ehm, did Alonzo really KO that dude? The shot that dropped him looked more like a bullrush push to the ground and then there weren't many shots that landed and that were clean from the GnP. Might be wrong, just looked weird and early to me

With Hardy only getting a developmental contract I was shocked that Curtis didn't get a contract.

Turns out Dana was right about not signing Curtis. He broke his hand in the fight and he retired.

Can't think what more you can do than what Curtis did. Great interview, great personality, sweet chin music'ed the guy... what are you even looking for?

Fighters who knock out their opponents in 8 secs so you can air even more commercials.

<VinceCa$h>

Back