Khabib wrestles opponent hes goat, colby wrestles...hes wall n stall.

elbowsandwiches

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
you can't have it both ways.

... someone's personality is irrelevant to their fighting ability.

With that being said,...

when khabib holds a guy down, he's a world-beater....... but when Colby does it, he sucks and is a wall staller.

explain?...without referring to either one of their personalities.

can you do it?

surprised when i saw a lot of the khabib fans i know on here arent colby fans. i would have expected they would enjoy colbys style and would have been impressed with his win since rda is elite

both guys are probably in my top 5 right now

Khabib is a great grappler with good wrestling
Colby is a great wrestler with good grappling

Mostly agree though . If they hated how Colby beat RDA you should see the wall and maul against Tibau that Khabib did. way less entertaining than anything colby has done. Though I like both of their styles. People who think colby was wall and stalling dont understand the clinch game and why wrestlers are so good at it.

Khabib tends to put the hurt on people. Colby is more about pace.

watch Khabib vs Barboza, then watch Colby v RDA. Try and spot the difference.

You mean Barboza who not only sucks in the clinch and gasses after 2 rounds but has a terrible guard? real comparison there. Plus RDA is a considerably better fighter than Barboza.

Don't be a dickhead.

You're blind if you can't see the difference.

Khabib tends to put the hurt on people. Colby is more about pace.
colby landed a lot of nice shots on rda on the feet. more then anybody expected him too. his kick game is pretty nice. the body kick was on point.

he def hurts people. look at maias face after colby was done with him after 3 rounds.

colby landed a lot of nice shots on rda on the feet. more then anybody expected him too. his kick game is pretty nice. the body kick was on point.

he def hurts people. look at maias face after colby was done with him after 3 rounds.

Don't bother. Khabib hugged the shit out of RDA before his defensive wrestling massively evolved and Khabib barely threw anything on the feet. People just have a bias when it comes to Colby. I wonder how bad they'll hate him after he cage presses tyron for 5 rounds.

You mean Barboza who not only sucks in the clinch and gasses after 2 rounds but has a terrible guard? real comparison there. Plus RDA is a considerably better fighter than Barboza.
well the point is, what colby did, was not what khabib does.

Nonsensical comparison. Khabib takes people down and mauls them. Colby did no such thing against RDA; for the most part, his take downs were stuffed and he held RDA against the cage. Not sure why you think these things are analogous.

That being said, I had no problem with Colby's performance. I think that game plan was his only path to victory, and he executed it perfectly.

The example was terrible. I could say look at what Khabib did to Tibau and what Colby did to Griffin.
then khabib should get some shade for his Tibau fight and Colby did great against Griffin. I still don't think cage pressing should equate to winning a fight.

Then watch Beeb v Trujillo, and CC v Griffin. Spot the difference if you can.

Then watch Beeb v Trujillo, and CC v Griffin. Spot the difference if you can.
CC looked awesome compared to Beeb in those fights. What is your point with regards to CC vs RDA?

Khabibs grappling is more fan friendly because he also has some of the best GnP in the sport, he also has the best top game alongside his AKA buddies in the UFC. His style isnt position > submission, its position + damage > everything else. He has some of the best wrist riding in the sport and his grappling has multiple facets. His chain wrestling is also way better than Colby's.

Khabib smashes guys... Colby "controls" them

Instead of looking at them both as wrestlers, watch the actual fights... it's actually an embarrassing comparison

Khabib beats the shit out of people, Colby imitates Khabib but lacks all the beautiful savagery.

Colby sucked against RDA. Looked terrible on the feet, did no damage on the ground, spent most of the fight pummeling and pressing against the cage. If you're going to talk like he does and bring all the stupid posing and political bullshit into the sport, you have to be a fighter. He's a gamer with a good enough chin to rush in like a maniac.

Back