Whats the point for countries other than Russia, China and US to own an army?

I think Costa Rica asked that and decided to go with universal healthcare instead.

To be fair Germany is 1:1 with Russia in recent wars.
Russia already surrenders in WW1 and needed all the help they can get in WW2.

Germany should be considered the heavy favorite in a trilogy.
Like connor vs diaz1 they dominated early but tired out ! Hitler fucked their generals with his incompetence
Rematch germany needs some ido portal

Army is a tremendous upkeep for a country with average and below average economy.

Lets take Italy.

Why would you need an army in Italy for? Who gonna raid them? Some can argue that if not for war/defence purposes it could be even for riots in a country.

Wouldn't be cheaper for each country like that to just maintain few nuclear warheads just to scare off potential outside danger. And from 30% money saved spend on reinforcing Police?

I like Sweden's model, where they prepare to turn on a war machine. The entire populace is trained, with industry in place to convert to war production.

I like Sweden's model, where they prepare to turn on a war machine. The entire populace is trained, with industry in place to convert to war production.

Sweden is not a nascent war machine their strategy is to keep the place so boring no one would want to invade .

Sweden is not a nascent war machine their strategy is to keep the place so boring no one would want to invade .

Did'nt worked lol

sweden-flag-burning-migrant-crisis.jpg

I think you vastly overestimate the "national guards" in Scandinavia. Pretty much just boys clubs for fat middleaged weekend Rambos.

The US military is a bunch of teenagers.

With some pretty good equipment and training.. Don´t worry, I know you could take out the US military because you know guys with machine shops and shit.

India got China to back off from Bhutan just last year. Can’t forget India, honestly China is very wary of them.

I can’t see why any country wouldn’t have a military, at the least it provides jobs and job training for people. Not to mention just the existence of countries like China means you really have to if you can.

Soviets did everything to lose the War, 1941 or 1940 it does not matter. Soviet Army was in terrible shape all the way to 1943.

So Germans would still lose. When it comes to Russia you would still lose if you cant hold the territory and pacify Russians (nobody managed to do that). Napoleon won with Russia militarily still lost the war and the whole Grande Armee (Which was the best army the world at the time) with it.

I doubt that, Germany was not fighting alone either, and even if Germany would have been successful i see Napoleon type of events playing out in this case too.

But we are talking about hypotheticals here. Oh if only there would be no Revolution in Russia, or if Soviets would have been smarter with the purges and the White intellectuals. Or what if Stalin was better prepared for the invasion? What if Alexander II was not killed. What if if Mongols never invaded? What if Russia was an island lol? Etc.... When it comes to Russia I can play hypotheticals game too, but people usually dont do that because hey... why would winners need excuses?

But lets just look at the bigger picture. Russian people have endured and survived everything history had to offer for them, Russians even thrived afterwards. What does not kill you make you stronger you know :) Terrible climate, Nomadic Invasions, Mongols, Turks, Napoleon, Communists, Nazis, you name it. The only thing that is missing is Atomic Bombs, but even then i am sure Russians would make some nice Hentai.

Now lets look at Germany. Germany failed every historical test and it didn't even had to endure 10% of what Russia did. The End.

If its 1-1 then we are talking about split decision vs a possibly career ending KO. Germany is a very technical and fast fighter but Russia got the GOAT gas tank and chin. Not to mention Russia is great in rematches. Germany is a first round finisher, if the opponent does not go down fast Germany is fucked so Russia is a terrible match up for Germany. Germans should stick to fighting France and Poland.

Nice but i prefer Warhammer theme.

So Russians are probably Orcs. Americans are Dark Elfs (SJW are definitely Chaos) and Chinese are Skavens.. hmm... or maybe jews are Skavens.

All countries are/will be immoral unless they put citizens of other countries before their own.

So i say Sweden should rule the world.

You couldn't even invade Finland. We kicked your asses.

Army is a tremendous upkeep for a country with average and below average economy.

Lets take Italy.

Why would you need an army in Italy for? Who gonna raid them? Some can argue that if not for war/defence purposes it could be even for riots in a country.

Wouldn't be cheaper for each country like that to just maintain few nuclear warheads just to scare off potential outside danger. And from 30% money saved spend on reinforcing Police?

It would be cheaper. We only freedomize countries that don't have nukes.
If everyone had them we'd all be equal and couldn't steal resources for a protection fee like we're the Mafia.

That's why I'm not sure what's gonna happen with Iran.

Apparently we want to freedomize them, but all American bases are only in non-nuclear countries and we aren't sure if they have them.

You couldn't even invade Finland. We kicked your asses.

Finland did good, but your country lost 2 wars to Soviets, before that it was occupied by Russia for 100 years and Finlands best General at the time was a White Officer. Besides Soviet tactics was terrible as well, Soviet Army was in terrible shape, and the use of Ukrainians in the war was a terrible idea (look it up).
Lastly if you really think that Soviets would not be able to occupy Finland after they defeated Nazi Germany and the Axis, Defeated Japanese in Manchuria in 10 days and conquered half of Europe, you are absolutely crazy. Soviet Army of 1939-41 is not the same as hardcore veteran Soviet Army of 1945.

You know what i find interesting, Russians dont even care about their hard earned victory over Finland, Finland dont really exist in your average Russian`s mind. While it seems that Fins hate Russians, even on individual level, i experienced it my self when i was in Finland, and Finland has build its whole identity around their loss to Soviet Union.

BTW i have nothing against Fins, but because of Fins like you saying BS on the internet i may soon change my mind :)

Last edited:
Finland did good, but your country lost 2 wars to Soviets, before that it was occupied by Russia for 100 years and Finlands best General at the time was a White Officer. Besides Soviet tactics was terrible as well, Soviet Army was in terrible shape, and the use of Ukrainians in the war was a terrible idea (look it up).
Lastly if you really think that Soviets would not be able to occupy Finland after they defeated Nazi Germany and the Axis, Defeated Japanese in Manchuria in 10 days and conquered half of Europe, you are absolutely crazy. Soviet Army of 1939-41 is not the same as hardcore veteran Soviet Army of 1945.

You know what i find interesting, Russians dont even care about their hard earned victory over Finland, Finland dont really exist in your average Russian`s mind. While it seems that Fins hate Russians, even on individual level, i experienced it my self when i was in Finland, and Finland has build its whole identity around their loss to Soviet Union.

Sorry, but Finns dont consider that a loss. Finland's main goal by far was to defend and keep its independence against a monstrous enemy, and it did it.

Soviet Army of 1939-41 is not the same as hardcore veteran Soviet Army of 1945.

The latter didn't do much better vs Finns in Continuation War either. Sure, Finns eventually had to gave up some land to Soviet, but from pure number's stand point Soviet got crushed.

Ps.You are kind of right, but personally I love Russians.

Lets take Italy.

Because BTFO, Switzerland

If you are being objective, you should find that completely understandable, because relatively speaking the war between Finland vs Soviet hit far harder Finns, considering the difference between populations between the two. Ofc it was a bigger deal to a that much smaller country.

Finland's identity was already built before the "loss" to Soviet Union (compare Finland's "loss" to the loss of Baltics, East Germany and Eastern Europe against USSR, and you will see why that "loss" is celebrated). I personally think that the USSR invasion is given a little too much emphasis in mainstream historical narrative. Too much rests on one single event when it was only one part of a long struggle towards regaining independence.

There are a lot of things that the Finns can look back on, as famous (or infamous) historical events. Fighting off famous Viking kings, raiding the Baltic sea, wars against Swedish/Danish crusaders and Novgorodians, the Pope himself marking Finland as the target for such crusades, partaking in Sweden's major wars (such as the 30 year war), and being a crucial part of its Empire at its height (post-Finland they were never a significant military force again), peasant rebellion against Swedish rule, pact of autonomy with the Czar (and the eventual backstabbing and Russification attempts by the Czardom), campaign with the Czar against Ottomans, civil war between the whites and reds, etc.

There's a lot more than just Russia invading Finland. But few Finns know of even half of the events that played a part into Finland's existence. They do know of the WW2 events, but even that is starting to fade away from history, in the attempt to create Finland into what is basically a province for the EU.

This whole talk about only "super-powers" requiring to have armies of their own, is just another attempt to turn smaller countries into provinces and buffer-zones for larger countries.

Let's not forget what happened to the Americans in Vietnam, or the Soviets in Afghanistan. It would have been a much easier feat for America or the Soviets to enforce global rule, if the smaller countries that they used as proxies and pawns, didn't possess any fighting men of their own.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back