Anybody watched The Handmaid's tale ??

I'm not watching it, therefore I'm not gay.

It's very good actually. Wasn't expecting to like it but was surprised.

It's also pretty relevant considering what's been going on lately.

I watched the first 5 to 6 episodes of the first season. It's usually my type of show, but I couldn't get into it. I'm not a big fan of the main actress either, she really bothered me in Madmen. The camera is constantly up in her face, with a very limited field of view/periphery, which is intentional to emulate her perspective.

She and her like are not meant to see much of what's going on around them, which is really cool as a directorial tactic, but something that didn't work for me. It doesn't help that her face is very unappealing.

The name put me off (what can I say, I’m shallow like that), but I hear it’s decent.

Nothing shallow about that. The saying goes “don’t judge a book by its cover,” not “don’t judge a book by its title.” That would be insane. I mean, if I saw a book or movie titles “how to eat human feces,” I’m 75% sure I wouldn’t want to read or see it. Butn only 75%. There’s a good 25% chance it’s satire.

I thought it would be utter garbage, since it seems very SJW to me, but it is actually not that bad. Main actress is bland as hell though.

Wouldnt they take a dna test on the little brat to make sure it was that military guy's kid? Seems odd how they would not know, when they other dude looks hispanic

Last edited:
Its not readily available to me, but critics seem to love it. Although, with a show like this its hard to tell if the praise is genuine, or progressives pandering to progressives.

gave it a couple of episodes, got bored

It's based around a classic novel of the same title: dystopian, but not really "sci-fi" which is an important distinction since the two genres usually go hand in hand. Not to get all war-roomy but the show got a lot of hype because the source material and timing of the show is relevant in the era of such political figures as Rick Santorum, Mike Pence, and Michelle Bachmann...

I've seen a couple episodes and it's an interesting premise. Pretty fucked up show honestly.

And for you Mass Effect fans, one of the main characters is Yvonne Strahovsky (Miranda) although they do their best to make her look terrible in this show.

I've watched most of season 1, need to catch up

Back