US, Mexico, and Canada to Co-Host 2026 World Cup

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Awesome news!

"In a long-anticipated vote on Wednesday, the joint bid of the U.S., Mexico and Canada defeated Morocco, its only challenger, as 200 national soccer federations cast their ballots to cap FIFA's annual Congress.

The joint bid's plans call for 60 of the 80 games to be played in the United States -- including all matches from the quarterfinals onward -- while Canada and Mexico host 10 apiece. The final is expected to be played at MetLife Stadium, just outside New York."

http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-wor...exico-canada-joint-bid-wins-fifa-hosting-vote

I wasn't pretty bummed we weren't in this year. Back in 2014, I had some awesome experiences at the bar that would air the games.

I wasn't pretty bummed we weren't in this year. Back in 2014, I had some awesome experiences at the bar that would air the games.
Good excuse for a piss up. Unfortunately for me Scotland can never do much right in sports.

Well it goes without saying that USA is a much better option than Morocco though, or Qatar.

Why even include Canada/Mexico? they're gonna get a free ride to the finals despite only hosting 10 games each.

England are massively overdue to host one. Home of the sport, largest domestic league in the world, and at least 30+ stadiums that would be considered high level FIFA stadia.

Well at least there wasn´t some shithole country bribing it´s way to the final this time.

Good excuse for a piss up. Unfortunately for me Scotland can never do much right in sports.

Graeme Obree was fucking awesome. They had to ban his bike (mainly riding positions) because the shitheads wouldn´t build one themselves.

Well at least there wasn´t some shithole country bribing it´s way to the final this time.

How dare you cast aspersions on the honesty and integrity of Russia and Qatar , fucking outrageous ! .

Well it goes without saying that USA is a much better option than Morocco though, or Qatar.

Why even include Canada/Mexico? they're gonna get a free ride to the finals despite only hosting 10 games each.

England are massively overdue to host one. Home of the sport, largest domestic league in the world, and at least 30+ stadiums that would be considered high level FIFA stadia.

Mexico usually qualifies anyways.

Is it going to be played all over the country? Seems like a logistical nightmare to have it spread over an entire continent

Is it going to be played all over the country? Seems like a logistical nightmare to have it spread over an entire continent
Not really. The first round consists like eight (I think) little round-robin "groups" of four teams. Each of the groups can be in a different location without any hassle (or undue travel for the players).

What's a piss up?

St. Patrick's Day

What's a piss up?
binge-drinking-students.jpg

If the Stanley Cup can have two games played in DC and then 2 games played in Vegas, all within the span of about a week, I don't see too much trouble with getting these soccer "groups" around at the end of each phase of the tournament.

Honestly, this is huge. People travel from all over the world, spend tons of money for the World Cup, and this has the opportunity to have about 8 different US cities have huge levels of tourism.

With there now being 48 teams i think the UK as a whole will host the WC

USA is probably one of the only countries who can actually benefit from the WC as they already have the stadia in place all over the country

Europe should have a World Cup before these countries. They've hosted only one this century. Africa should have one before these North American countries too. Those continents have a lot more tradition and passion for the sport.

Mexico is fine, but USA and Canada shouldn't get to host it before others. Those countries have no football history. Their crowds are the worst with no passion. For them it's just a fad.

They're ALL bribed and won...

Smart. Spread out the tourism dollars, and prevent one host from suffering for all of the associated gridlock.

Europe should have a World Cup before these countries. They've hosted only one this century. Africa should have one before these North American countries too. Those continents have a lot more tradition and passion for the sport.

Mexico is fine, but USA and Canada shouldn't get to host it before others. Those countries have no football history. Their crowds are the worst with no passion. For them it's just a fad.

They're ALL bribed and won...

The US did a damn fine job last time they hosted.

Back