Tim Kennedy Shares His Thoughts on Anti-Depressants

Why are we making threads about Timothy Frederick "Hitler escaped to Chile and lived a long, prosperous life" Kennedy's opinions?

Sex is the last thing someone with (serious) depression should do.

A specific timeframe of mediation + cognitive behavioral therapy is a proven way to overcome it.

Exercise, sex, sunlight, healthy diet, the ocean and friendships didn't seem to work as a cure for Bourdain, though. I'm pretty sure the guy had all of it.

Not sold on the effects of anti-depressants, either.

I agree, to some degree.

Just because we saw Bourdain living it up on TV, it doesn’t mean he wasn’t a totally different person behind closed doors due to his condition(s).

He's right, pills are addiction...

Also a good antidepressant..

giphy.gif

Herb and music..

As much as I don't like him, he's not completely wrong there.

Anecdotal, but I've never found antidepressants to help and they kill my sex drive. I jerked off like 12 times yesterday, a week after getting off Celexa. When taking Celexa, I probably would do the deed, and struggle, once every 2 or 3 days.

Weird to agree somewhat with that douche, but there's something to the antidepressant sentiment. But I'm also of the thought it could just be moreso finding the right one. I mean, they have to exist for a reason. Right?

Just missing Oprah and a sofa.

But there are stark differences in treatment across cultures and for all that we use the medical model and mass prescribe drugs, outcomes are pretty shitty. That's only a surprise to the extent you still imagine the U.S. is a global leader in metrics that matter, tho.

Why are so many people even depressed. There is so much shit to do. You can literally make shit up and make a life out of it. We live in a time where you can learn anything, go anywhere. See anything. Create anything. I feel like if you go to far into the realm of “what’s the point of anything?” You start to lose your presence, and enjoyment of life suffers. Fuck a meaning, let’s have some fun, have great relationships and remind each other we aren’t alone and there are people who want to have fun with us

Exercise, sex, sunlight, killing women and children, healthy diet, the ocean, friendships, etc. in essence, everything Tim likes to brag about.

Anecdotal, but I've never found antidepressants to help and they kill my sex drive. I jerked off like 12 times yesterday, a week after getting off Celexa. When taking Celexa, I probably would do the deed, and struggle, once every 2 or 3 days.

Weird to agree somewhat with that douche, but there's something to the antidepressant sentiment. But I'm also of the thought it could just be moreso finding the right one. I mean, they have to exist for a reason. Right?
12?
I think wacking off that much is terrible for your hormone levels and metal health.

Yeah, let’s chuck away all research on anti-depressants and the biopsychosocial symptoms of depression because some unqualified goon has an opinion.

Tim Kennedy is one of those egocentric fools that can’t seem to grasp anything that is outside of their own direct personal experience.

I mean, come on, this is someone who thinks that waterboarding isn’t torture because he asked some of his mates to do it to him for a fucking tv show. That’s hardly comparable to being captured by any opposing force that has actively been trying to take each other out.

Why are so many people even depressed. There is so much shit to do. You can literally make shit up and make a life out of it. We live in a time where you can learn anything, go anywhere. See anything. Create anything. I feel like if you go to far into the realm of “what’s the point of anything?” You start to lose your presence, and enjoyment of life suffers. Fuck a meaning, let’s have some fun, have great relationships and remind each other we aren’t alone and there are people who want to have fun with us
It's complicated. I have been depressed for many years. I have had insomnia since I was a teenager and i usually find it hard to connect with people but i have a handful of great friends. Im not happy though. Also stuck in a situation right now thats kind of a loop/cycle.
Anyways i agree with TK and ill never take antidepressants.

Tim's a moron. You can have all of that and more and still be depressed.

Anti-depressants and big pharma companies are a load of shit, any level headed adult should be able to realize this.

Kennedy isn’t some genius for pointing it out.

Back