US, Mexico, and Canada to Co-Host 2026 World Cup

It's a disaster for Europe, Asia and Africa because of the timezone and geographic. Football popularity is virtually non-existent in North America whereas it's worshipped in 80% of the world.

Maybe in the Mid-US but I can guarantee you that across Canada and Mexico and the East Coast of the US football is very popular. You could have something like Turkey v. Trinidad and Tobago in Toronto and that game would be sold out.

There are certain requirements they may have had to meet during the bid process. That is certain stadiums may not be up to standards required by FIFA or compared to other cities/regions bidding . Soccer stadiums are very different from other stadiums . You may need to retrofit the stadium to properly accommodate soccer fans. See the London 2012 stadium as an example of this.

Arent CFL fields big enough for a soccer pitch. The adjustments will be minor. America and Mexico already has plenty of dedicated soccer pitches.

Arent CFL fields big enough for a soccer pitch. The adjustments will be minor. America and Mexico already has plenty of dedicated soccer pitches.
America's aren't big enough .

No I believe CFL stadium seating is still too far away from the pitch to properly accommodate soccer fans. Same issue NFL stadiums have. You're making adjustments to a bunch of stadiums that (potentially) won't host soccer on even an annual basis making the accomodations wasted thereafter

Maybe in the Mid-US but I can guarantee you that across Canada and Mexico and the East Coast of the US football is very popular. You could have something like Turkey v. Trinidad and Tobago in Toronto and that game would be sold out.

I dont think they will want any games on the East Coast because of humidity. But if they do, then the USA will have an advantage if we make it.

America's aren't big enough .

No I believe CFL stadium seating is still too far away from the pitch to properly accommodate soccer fans. Same issue NFL stadiums have. You're making adjustments to a bunch of stadiums that (potentially) won't host soccer on even an annual basis making the accomodations wasted thereafter

You are right, American will be forced to use its football stadiums, and yes MLS hated doing that because the seats are too far. Hmmm, oh well you got to make sacrifices.

You are right, American will be forced to use its football stadiums, and yes MLS hated doing that because the seats are too far. Hmmm, oh well you got to make sacrifices.
Which gets to my original point the sacrifices made to host one off mega events (Olympics and World Cup.. To lesser extent SB) do not bring the requisite EI to offset the money spent. An economy like the US can handle the losses but as we see with South Africa and the World Cup or Athens and the Olympics for example, they are in much worse shape post world cup/Olympics for their working class. It can ruin a city/country financially

The US did a damn fine job last time they hosted.

That World Cup was before my time. But from the matches I've seen the crowds are passionless. They're in large numbers yet can't make any noise. Worst hosts for a long time.
I'd rather have countries with proper football tradition.

That World Cup was before my time. But from the matches I've seen the crowds are passionless. They're in large numbers yet can't make any noise. Worst hosts for a long time.
So you don't know shit and just double down. Lol

Maybe we can have some Hells angels come in and beat the shit out of everyone. Then it will almost feel like england

Pretty awesome. I wanted to go to Russia but as a manlet England fan I'd probably get the shit kicked out of me. But living in Canada this shit's too easy now. I might have to pay my first visit to the States and catch some games down there too

Hide your daughter! Hide your wife! Hide your cyclonic-suction vacuum cleaner! Teh Zer is coming! Teh Zer is coming!

So you look at it basically like MMA..

"Yeah the crowds in Japan are huge, but they make no noise...

More fights in countries that sing and chant...

Would it be accurate to say that most, if not all, of the people who are arguing so passionately about the hosting cities and stadiums for the 2026 World Cup never even bothered to look at the actual candidate list of hosting cities and stadiums for the 2026 World Cup? o_O

World Cup 2026: What are the host cities in USA, Mexico and Canada going to be?

By Roger Gonzalez

It's the third time a men's World Cup game will be played on Mexican soil; the United States will become the sixth country to host twice; Canada will become the fifth to host both men's and women's tournaments. The North American bid, known as the United 2026 bid, beat out Morocco, 134 to 65 votes.

The countdown is officially underway, with just over 2,900 days until the start of the 2026 World Cup, it's never to early to start planning if you want to attend some of the matches. The tournament field is expanding to 48 teams, which means there will be 80 games in all, with 60 of them in the United States, while Mexico and Canada split the other 20.

The quarterfinals through the final will all be played in the United States, with Mexico and Canada having some group stage matches and possibly round of 16 games. The World Cup final is expected to take place at MetLife Stadium, according to the United 2026 bid, home of the New York Giants and New York Jets.

What other cities will be hosting the games? We know the cities that will be hosting in Canada and Mexico, while there is a 17-city list of American cities that will be cut down to 10 in the coming years.

Here are the potential host cities and venues for the 2026 World Cup:

United States (10 to be selected)
  • Atlanta (Mercedes-Benz Stadium): Capacity: 71,000
  • Baltimore (M&T Bank Stadium): Capacity: 71,006
  • Boston (Gillette Stadium): Capacity: 65,878 (Expandable to 70,000)
  • Cincinnati (Paul Brown Stadium): Capacity: 65,515 (Expandable to 67,402)
  • Dallas (AT&T Stadium): Capacity: 80,000
  • Denver (Sports Authority Field at Mile High): Capacity: 76,125 (Expandable to 77,595)
  • Houston (NRG Stadium): Capacity: 71,795 (Expandable to 72,220)
  • Kansas City (Arrowhead Stadium): Capacity: 76,416
  • Los Angeles (Rose Bowl): Capacity: 92,000
  • Miami (Hard Rock Stadium): Capacity: 64,767 (Expandable to 67,518)
  • Nashville (Nissan Stadium): Capacity: 69,143 (Expandable to 75,000)
  • New York/New Jersey (MetLife Stadium): Capacity: 82,500 (Expandable to 87,157)
  • Orlando (Camping World Stadium): Capacity: 60,219 (Expandable to 65,000)
  • Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field): Capacity: 69,176 (Expandable to 69,328)
  • San Francisco (Levi's Stadium): Capacity: 68,500 (Expandable to 75,000)
  • Seattle (CenturyLink Field): Capacity: 69,000 (Expandable to 72,000)
  • Washington, D.C. (FedExField): Capacity: 82,000
Mexico (3 venues)
  • Guadalajara (Estadio Akron): Capacity: 46,232 (Expandable to 48,071)
  • Mexico City (Estadio Azteca): Capacity: 87,523
  • Monterrey (Estadio BBVA Bancomer): Capacity: 53,500
Canada (3 venues)
  • Edmonton (Commonwealth Stadium): Capacity: 56,302
  • Montreal (Olympic Stadium): Capacity: 61,004 (Expandable to 73,000)
  • Toronto (BMO Field): Capacity: 30,000 (Expandable to 45,500)
https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/wo...ies-in-usa-mexico-and-canada-going-to-be/amp/

Last edited:
Literally any game in Toronto would be sold out.

Again, you're ignoring that those large stadiums aren't fit for soccer. Do new stadiums need to be built? No .Do they need to be properly fitted for soccer? Yes. Example London Stadium (2012) became the home of West Ham United . London got convinced (swindled) into paying about $250M to properly fit the stadium for soccer. The stadiums here would need removable retrofitting to properly accommodate soccer and then convert back to their primary use . It likely isn't as much as the London Stadium cost wise but still a cost with how many stadiums (at least in the US) will need to be changed .

Anytime you want to keep talking out of your ass let me know .

LOL.

You are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. All our major cities have large stadiums (professional and college) that can easily accomodate. Most MLS teams played on these stadiums while they waited for their city to build their own (smaller) soccer stadiums (because soccer isn't as popular here in the US). We won't have too much of a problem converting some of them for the World Cup and we will probably not use any of the MLS stadiums cause they're too small capacity wise. We certainly didn't have a problem when we hosted the World Cup back in 1994.

I promise you not one new stadium will be built for this World Cup. Not only that but I don't anticipate any of them will upgrade their stadium for it. If they are being upgraded, it will be for their home team.

So... ummm yeah you the one talking out of your ass for not understanding how well setup with are here to host a World Cup. If we are talking about Olympics then that's a totally different story because it's one city hosting everything and that's a nightmare to do.

Last edited:
Europe should have a World Cup before these countries. They've hosted only one this century. Africa should have one before these North American countries too. Those continents have a lot more tradition and passion for the sport.

Mexico is fine, but USA and Canada shouldn't get to host it before others. Those countries have no football history. Their crowds are the worst with no passion. For them it's just a fad.

They're ALL bribed and won...

México deserves it. Fucking casuals in USA cant even qualify this year.

South Africa just had 2010, and it pissed everyone off with the Vuvuzelas. There's not many stable African countries with the infrastructure to hold a massive tournament.

2026 should've been a European country or a joint bid amongst a group of Euro countries. USA had '94 and Mexico had '86, and they'll have both hosted another WC before many more deserving countries have had another.

Americans call it soccer. Wow 2022 and 2026 are lame. though US is way better than qatar

Should be in mexico. Or have belgium, netherlands, share one with luxembourg but it mostly in belgium and netherlands. Or maybe england ireland share one lol

Well it goes without saying that USA is a much better option than Morocco though, or Qatar.

Why even include Canada/Mexico? they're gonna get a free ride to the finals despite only hosting 10 games each.

England are massively overdue to host one. Home of the sport, largest domestic league in the world, and at least 30+ stadiums that would be considered high level FIFA stadia.

england would be cool. cant believe they did one in chile in 1962. and they did uruguay a long time ago. Now days i dont see such smaller countries getting it. Qatar just bought it way in with tons of money.

Last edited:
Literally any game in Toronto would be sold out.

Exactly my point. I am sure you would have the same thing happen if you had games in Ottawa, Montreal or Vancouver. The areas are just so multicultural and it is so easy to get between Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal that people would gladly travel between the three to watch games.

Last edited:
3 countries at the same time is a logistic nightmare.

Back