Fellow Sherbros, Your Thoughts on Hardy. Are You Ok With Him in The UFC?

Are you OK with Greg Hardy getting a UFC contract?

• Total voters
He's not "in the UFC", he was signed to a developmental deal.

Really important point too,

The UFC are being cautious. I think they'd like to put him into the UFC but want to see the publics reaction first - makes sense.

They let Jon Jones fight again after almost killing a pregnant lady. What he did was a about as disgusting as it can get, so I don't see why Hardy would not get into the UFC. Conor is still on the roster after trying to end fellow fighters careers doing what he did. UFC is about money, not morality.

They let Jon Jones fight again after almost killing a pregnant lady.

Exactly and Jones was convicted, Greg wasn't.

Jones has had multiple chances to prove himself and failed every single time.

I think the only reason they are much more cautious is that Greg is more well known, stronger spotlight.

I can't lie though, I got fucking really excited watching him win the other night - he's just a beast a fucking beast. This is what happens when a Sher-Athlete enters the cage.

Let him in. People acting like he beat on a soft skulled baby. Women are durable and I’m pretty sure genitically have thicker skulls than men . STop being so sexist.

Honestly I don't care.
For god's sake it's cage fighting, one of the most primitve sports on the planet.
And it's not like he is the first guy with a criminal history competing in the UFC.
At least he is now beating someone his size.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that it confirms the prejudice of criminals in MMA.

I don't know how to feel about tbh. On one hand, I believe in second chances. On the other, I feel like men who beat on women are scum.

I would like to know if the abuse was a one time thing or something more though.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

How many the people who said no listen to 2pac, celebrate Mike Tyson, root for Gustafsson etc.

Selective outrage is at an all-time high and its so annoying.

They let Jon Jones fight again after almost killing a pregnant lady. What he did was a about as disgusting as it can get, so I don't see why Hardy would not get into the UFC. Conor is still on the roster after trying to end fellow fighters careers doing what he did. UFC is about money, not morality.
Not nearly the same

Jones didn't go out with the intention of hitting someone

Hardy purposely attacked someone.

I say let him in so that the fighters that aren't okay with men beating up women can beat the living crap out of him.

Makes for good entertainment.

Not a fan of having him in the UFC.

They've done it already with other bums, sure.

I don't support that one bit either.

Hey bro they want equal rights,

Also my wife is of the opinion, if you hit a bro and ignore warnings and keep doing it, you get whats coming to you.

But I don't know the details of Gregs case - nor do I care. He's probably a shit bag but plenty are in MMA and everyone deserves another chance.

Would your 'wife' say the same thing if you were 265 pounds?

Travis Browne is in the UFC so what's the difference

Doesn't martial arts exist partly to affect and influence the lives of people that have been troubled? To give them structure, integrity, to teach them ethics, control, restraint and reform them for better? Where would Nate Diaz be without BJJ? Where would half the guys on the roster be? Being an a level athlete can be a blessing and a curse, and Hardy ended up with millions just as a young kid, could get anything he wanted and all because he was just good at athletics. I think we should root for and cheer the guy on, to hope he becomes a shining example of why MMA can be such an awesome tool to facilitate change in a troubled persons' lives.

I did add a poll, @Hardkore, because I think this is a legitimately good discussion and I'd like to see where people stand on this. By "UFC contract", I mean the deal they gave him which will eventually lead to him fighting inside the Octagon.

Thanks, J!

Exactly and Jones was convicted, Greg wasn't.

Jones has had multiple chances to prove himself and failed every single time.

I think the only reason they are much more cautious is that Greg is more well known, stronger spotlight.

I can't lie though, I got fucking really excited watching him win the other night - he's just a beast a fucking beast. This is what happens when a Sher-Athlete enters the cage.

To be honest I think she was paid off. But most likely they're both dirt bags

Doesn't martial arts exist partly to affect and influence the lives of people that have been troubled? To give them structure, integrity, to teach them ethics, control, restraint and reform them for better? Where would Nate Diaz be without BJJ? Where would half the guys on the roster be? Being an a level athlete can be a blessing and a curse, and Hardy ended up with millions just as a young kid, could get anything he wanted and all because he was just good at athletics. I think we should root for and cheer the guy on, to hope he becomes a shining example of why MMA can be such an awesome tool to facilitate change in a troubled persons' lives.

In theory yes. But look at morons like War Machine, he became a bigger threat after he learned martial arts

I'm not condoning it but maybe she was asking for it?

I don't really know the details. I say give him a chance.

I honestly think she attacked him first and he lost it. What he did was obviously wrong, but the 911 call was initiated by him so unless hes the biggest idiot of all time (possible) she obviously initiated something.

Either way Hardy seems like a head case and he fits right into MMA. Let's not act like there aren't bad guys in the UFC. Travis Brown and Rumble.both have been caught up in similar situations.
He's not "in the UFC", he was signed to a developmental deal. This means the UFC will allow him to fight in designated promotions like LFA, and might bring him back to the Contender Series. He shouldn't be making his UFC debut any time soon.

He will be fighting on a UFC card in less than 6 months. They are dying for talent and ratings. NGannou was fighting in the UFC with what 3 years of experience? That's about what Hardy has.

Back