Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Nicco and Roxy fought for the belt, so they got paid championship fight money.

This season doesn't have the belt on the line, I doubt there would be 100k waiting for winners.

Even you got 100k, you would be locked in a long shity tuf contract. Spencer is the best prospect in WFW now, it's better for her to make her name outside of UFC then get a good short deal with UFC.

The best WFLW fighters outside of UFC didn't participate TUF even when there was a UFC belt for the winner.
OK lets say they don't get 100k. The TUF contract will still be better than the Invicta contract unless you are good enough for the UFC to sign you without being on TUF. Seeing as how reluctant the UFC has been at signing 145ers(for good reason) would you really be willing to take that chance? Lets look at a recent post Megan Anderson wrote. She fought multiple times in Invicta and ended up being their champion. Yet during that time she was not able to afford something as simple as a gaming console. I know people will bring up her not being able to fight for a year due to her Visa issues. While that is true, she fought 4 times the previous year and still seems to have gotten less than what she got for her debut UFC fight.

I am not meaning to sound like I'm talking bad about Invicta. If you read my previous posts its obvious I actually really like Invicta but its widely known that they don't have the funds to pay these girls a lot of money. Now that I think about before the UFC bought the 115 division Invicta was probably my favorite promotion.

The closest thing to tuf 28 was tuf 23 where Suarez and Cooper were on 15k show money. Guess that is what the 145 pound finalists will get. A lot better than anything Spencer will get in Invicta of course and the chance of a bonus ... Tatiana got a 50k performance of the night bonus on top of her win money.

Still Spencer is probably going to get into the UFC anyway, without having to share a house with a Greg Hardy or whoever. Btw I can't see how Kolesnyk wins their fight, although she'll probably get signed as well on the basis of being really pretty.

Kolesnyk needs to go back to crushing cans in china for awhile.
Also, imo Heather Jo Clark should've at least gotten one more fight before getting released.

What is funny is I actually did mention Invicta to Heather Jo Clark
on her Instagram page back some time ago and she is now signed.

Invicta 30 card announced

https://combatpress.com/2018/06/jinh-yu-frey-vs-minna-grusander-tops-eight-fight-invicta-fc-30-card/

Jinh Yu Frey vs. Minna Grusander
Felicia Spencer vs. Helena Kolesnyk
Kinberly Novaes vs. Heather Jo Clark
Alexa Conners vs. Kerri Kenneson
Miranda Maverick vs. Brogan Walker-Sanchez
Shino VanHoose vs. Alesha Zappitella
Alyse Anderson vs. Stephanie Alba
Erin Blanchfield vs. Brittney Cloudy

Some good names I like on this card. I like Heather and Jinh. I'm interested to see how much Felicia and Alyse improved. I am most interested in seeing how Erin Blanchfield does in her Invicta debut. She got a lot of hype during her tear through EBI.

The closest thing to tuf 28 was tuf 23 where Suarez and Cooper were on 15k show money. Guess that is what the 145 pound finalists will get. A lot better than anything Spencer will get in Invicta of course and the chance of a bonus ... Tatiana got a 50k performance of the night bonus on top of her win money.

Still Spencer is probably going to get into the UFC anyway, without having to share a house with a Greg Hardy or whoever. Btw I can't see how Kolesnyk wins their fight, although she'll probably get signed as well on the basis of being really pretty.

OK, I looked up some of Suarez's and Coopers Salaries and you are right they got 15k/15k for her finale fight but after winning TUF Suarez's contract jumped to 25k/25k deal. Cooper Remained on a 15k/15k. I would take my chances at that rather than fight another Invicta fight and hope I get called to the UFC in a division they went more than a year before they signed a true 145er. If it was a different division I would think differently but 145 is so weak how could you not try it. You only have to go on a 2 fight win streak in a weak division to get a min 15k/15k Finale contract and possible 25k/25k if you win at the finale.

"Tatiana Suarez ($25,000 show + $25,000 win = $50,000) def. Viviane Pereira ($14,000)"

https://www.mmamania.com/2017/11/15...ies-andrei-arlovski-leads-payday-way-250k-mma

"Amanda Cooper: $36,500 ($17,000 to show, $17,000 win bonus)"

http://thesportsdaily.com/2017/12/03/ufc-218-fighter-salaries-reebok-attendance-gate-fox11/

OK, I looked up some of Suarez's and Coopers Salaries and you are right they got 15k/15k for her finale fight but after winning TUF Suarez's contract jumped to 25k/25k deal. Cooper Remained on a 15k/15k. I would take my chances at that rather than fight another Invicta fight and hope I get called to the UFC in a division they went more than a year before they signed a true 145er. If it was a different division I would think differently but 145 is so weak how could you not try it. You only have to go on a 2 fight win streak in a weak division to get a min 15k/15k Finale contract and possible 25k/25k if you win at the finale.

Maybe. But I'm not entirely convinced that there will be a 145 division in the UFC, I think there's a good chance that most of the fighters will just get folded into the 135 division, at which point they get to deal with the UFC matchmaking BS where they get sat out indefinitely while being locked into a contract.

I'm not going to disagree with anything you're saying except to say that on every thread in the heavies that bases payouts on sites like thesportsdaily.com I have to point out that it's guesswork in states that don't publish.

You get pages of bs on how low some name is being paid because their guesswork is based on some fight the guy had in 2014 - the last time he fought in a state that published actual figures.

Now in this case the figure for Cooper is probably accurate because it's based on her purse in her previous outing, the Calvillo fight in Vegas.

A fighter's page in tapology is the best place for the published purses and you can often get a good idea of how much a fighter earned in a non-publishing state e.g. I'd say Esparza got around 40k show money last weekend. Gadelha? Well her last published non-title purse was 10k in 2014 so who knows. Sorry to go on.

Last edited:
I am most interested in seeing how Erin Blanchfield does in her Invicta debut. She got a lot of hype during her tear through EBI.

I didn't see her name on there the first time I read the list..... I much better about the card now.

Needs more police officers though.

I'm not going to disagree with anything you're saying except to say that on every thread in the heavies that bases payouts on sites like thesportsdaily.com I have to point out that it's guesswork in states that don't publish.

You get pages of bs on how low some name is being paid because their guesswork is based on some fight the guy had in 2014 - the last time he fought in a state that published actual figures.

Now in this case the figure for Cooper is probably accurate because it's based on her purse in her previous outing, the Calvillo fight in Vegas.

A fighter's page in tapology is the best place for the published purses and you can often get a good idea of how much a fighter earned in a non-publishing state e.g. I'd say Esparza got around 40k show money last weekend. Gadelha? Well her last published non-title purse was 10k in 2014 so who knows. Sorry to go on.
Yea, I totally agree with you most payout sites. Only reason I felt comfortable using that site is for the reason you stated. For Amanda, I remembered her payout being reported from the Vegas card. I just did not feel like searching deeper. For Suarez's I seen it on MMA Fightings website during the search but I don't click on that site anymore so I had to find an alternative.You don't have to say "Sorry to go on." I love debates. We are just stating our opinions and supporting it with facts. We might not always agree but its nice to hear other ways of thinking on things. It brings you better perspective. Plus we always keep it civil.

I realize that Invicta's flyweight division just got raided less than a year ago, but are Kuma and Porto gonna get some fights scheduled, or are they UFC-bound soon? I know that there few relevant opponants left in Invicta for them (other than to rematch each other I suppose), but having them sitting on the shelves seems like a waste.

Is it my imagination or does Invicta have tons of fighters at
125 lbs or less while at 135 & 145 lbs there isn't much depth
to either division.

Is it my imagination or does Invicta have tons of fighters at
125 lbs or less while at 135 & 145 lbs there isn't much depth
to either division.
That's probably because there isn't a whole lot of depth in those divisions in general right now.

This V3 card this weekend is being filmed for a future episode of Dana White's Looking for a Fight. Would it be the first episode where they scout some wmma fights? Tracy Cortez, and former Rousey judo teammate Pauline Macias on the card.

35053477_10155735570374397_8476361509071486976_n.jpg

I realize that Invicta's flyweight division just got raided less than a year ago, but are Kuma and Porto gonna get some fights scheduled, or are they UFC-bound soon? I know that there few relevant opponants left in Invicta for them (other than to rematch each other I suppose), but having them sitting on the shelves seems like a waste.

Kuma needs a win before thinking about it, and Porto maybe in the same situation India is.

Here is the full girls S-cup tournament. Also announced King Reina will have a Shootbox fight with an opponent to be named later. Still no word on RENA's opponent

Back