Social Roseanne tweets outrageously racist comment about former Obama staffer Valerie Jarrett

Jesus Christ!!!!!

You're the reason why we need the second amendment and people need to learn more about the first.

You don't just 'accept' actual, real fascism.
What people that understand freedom of speech has never meant speech has absolutely no consequences? That's how it's always been, that isn't my fault bud.

The real fucking offense has nothing to do with Roseanne, but rather Hulu removing all Roseanne content.

Canceling is canceling. It is preventing the new. The same way we prevent Presidents from serving 12 years. But we don't go out of our way to prevent literature or any other content on those presidents from being seen, no matter how bad they were.

The actual Roseanne show is not racist and in fact introduces a black daughter into the family when it clearly doesn't fit into the original show's mold. It literally goes out of its way to be inclusive to a potential black audience.

Furthermore, I assume the cast is paid upfront, and not from royalties. I assume the studio gets those monies.

So we have a clear cut case here of Hulu attempting to erase history in response to potential backlash. The reason is actually irrelevant because the show, old and new, has nothing to do with a tweet. The same thing with the Cosby Show.

"Oh, but it is a private company and they can do what they want.". You fucking tools, that is always how it starts.

They're called residuals. If the show is streamed or shown in syndication, the actors get money. The producers, of which Rossanne is one, also get money.

Removing the old show from Hulu is aimed at stopping Rossanne herself from receiving profits. It has nothing to do with Hulu attempting to erase history, they just don't want to contribute to enrich this vile woman.

They're called residuals. If the show is streamed or shown in syndication, the actors get money. The producers, of which Rossanne is one, also get money.

Removing the old show from Hulu is aimed at stopping Rossanne herself from receiving profits. It has nothing to do with Hulu attempting to erase history, they just don't want to contribute to enrich this vile woman.
exactly, the cast of Friends still recieve a decent wedge of cash due to residuals as its still aired all over the world

Sadly the others may need that residual money because she probably doesn't... She's rich as shit...

It's a bit much, TBH. Its impossible not to sound a little over-dramatic here because it's just a sitcom, but it's like erasing history because one person on the show said a bad thing. It's completely over the top, and hypocritical. I guarantee they're not getting rid of all the Weinstein flicks on their service.

I think you have to let the audience decide in this case, like what Netflix did with Kevin Spacey.

What people that understand freedom of speech has never meant speech has absolutely no consequences? That's how it's always been, that isn't my fault bud.
Not only that but free speech doesn't apply to private entities either. It just deals with government regulating speech .

Not only that but free speech doesn't apply to private entities either. It just deals with government regulating speech .
Yep it's like talking to small children. They conflate knowing how shit works with supporting it. Jobs have been firing people for saying things they don't like forever. Not new at all, social media giving everyone a platform is the only new part.

I've said before try screaming crazy nonsense in your companies breakroom and see if they don't fire you. But people somehow think making statements millions of people can see will be treated with more lenience.

Yeah, this isn't the first time this dumb bitch has called a black woman an ape. Or was this an innocent joke too retard? But keep making bull shit excuses you kkkuck.

yeah still a joke you soft little bitch .. get over yourselves

Hey I got a joke for you fuck tard.

Knock knock. Then you say..... whos there.

Your a cock sucker.

Lmao get it? You stupid sack of shit.

Last edited:
It's a bit much, TBH. Its impossible not to sound a little over-dramatic here because it's just a sitcom, but it's like erasing history because one person on the show said a bad thing. It's completely over the top, and hypocritical. I guarantee they're not getting rid of all the Weinstein flicks on their service.

I think you have to let the audience decide in this case, like what Netflix did with Kevin Spacey.

No it is not.

History remains unchanged. The show still aired when it aired, still got those huge ratings in its original run, still had its cultural impact in the US. Nobody is taking that from them. They are not demanding that she give back any of her Emmys or return any of the money she already made from the show.

What they are doing is to stop doing business with her today. They are choosing to no longer enrich her today.

Also, the Weinstein comparison is not appropriate because, as I understand it (and I may be wrong) since he was kicked out of the company he is no longer profiting from those movies.

The House of Cards comparison is also inappropriate because that show is still in its original run. If all the allegations against Spacey had come out, say, a decade after the show had ended, there's a good chance they would pulled it out of the roster.

Also, the Weinstein comparison is not appropriate because, as I understand it (and I may be wrong) since he was kicked out of the company he is no longer profiting from those movies.

I don't know his contract stipulations, so I couldn't say.

The House of Cards comparison is also inappropriate because that show is still in its original run. If all the allegations against Spacey had come out, say, a decade after the show had ended, there's a good chance they would pulled it out of the roster.

Are his movies still in their original run too? He profits from them too, ya know.

Even assuming for the sake of argument that she intended it as a joke, it is still a racist and offensive joke.

It is entirely legitimate to call her out on it.

Roseanne apologize to Soros. All hail the Sith master!

<36>

She is getting soft apologizing to soros....she really want every side to turn on her. She should have gone after soros and embraced being a right wing hero

So no thread on the bitch thats suing Jamie Foxx for slapping her with his dick back in 2002?

Yall slipping

No it is not.

History remains unchanged. The show still aired when it aired, still got those huge ratings in its original run, still had its cultural impact in the US. Nobody is taking that from them. They are not demanding that she give back any of her Emmys or return any of the money she already made from the show.

What they are doing is to stop doing business with her today. They are choosing to no longer enrich her today.

Just stop it. Hulu doesn't give a shit about the residual money going to her. They wanted to censor her content for political reasons, end of discussion.

Miss the WR yet mike? Didn't think so
No, no I did not. Hence the leave me alone location and sig. But people keep quoting me and I keep responding because OCD so.....yeah. Strange epidemic of douchiness all over the forum lately though. Even for sherdog.

Back