Khabib wrestles opponent hes goat, colby wrestles...hes wall n stall.

Colby looked terrible on the feet. He lands because of the takedown threat, the great equalizer. But his striking is really bad. Lacks power, technique, sophistication. RDA looked like the much better striker int their exchanges, but the game is more than striking.

He has that takedown threat against ALL of his opponents. All that matters in the end is how many significant strikes you land. I agree that his striking isn't great, but it's certainly not "terrible" for MMA standards.

I thought he was very impressive against RDA. Would be funny if he knocked Woodley out with one punch. Other way around, too.

Khabib threw more in round 4 than he did in round 3, and he sped up the pace in round 5. Khabib breezed through that fight with energy to spare.

And btw, he threw and landed more than Colby in his last fight.

why do you think Khabib all but abandoned his grappling game the last 3 rounds?

Khabib didn't lose a round to RDA either. Colby did.

You keep changing the argument though

First: how was khabib's last win more dominant than colby's last win

Second: yeah, but rda is better than AL

Basically conceding that khabib's last win was more dominant...

That's not changing the argument at all

Al and RDA are not equal opponents by any means.

why do you think Khabib all but abandoned his grappling game the last 3 rounds?
Because Al was not a threat. He knew he could test his striking safely so he took the chance. He did what he always does when his opponents aren't a threat, tests himself and plays around. Why do you think he shot 27 TDs against Abel when he already showed that he could lock up subs on him effortlessly? He saw that he could test himself and took the opportunity to do so.

Khabib threw 354 strikes against Al. Most of those were thrown in the last 3 rounds. You're delusional if you think Khabib was even close to being gassed. Especially since in Round 5 Khabib took down Al in his normal fashion and threw more strikes than in the first 2 rounds. In fact, he threw more in round 5 than he did in rounds 1 and 2 combined.

Khabib never hunts for finishes until the last round or when his opponents are handing him the finish. It's just how he fights.

Last edited:
Because Al was not a threat. He knew he could test his striking safely so he took the chance. He did what he always does when his opponents aren't a threat, tests himself and plays around. Why do you think he shot 27 TDs against Abel when he already showed that he could lock up subs on him effortlessly? He saw that he could test himself and took the opportunity to do so.

Khabib threw 354 strikes against Al. Most of those were thrown in the last 3 rounds. You're delusional if you think Khabib was even close to being gassed. Especially since in Round 5 Khabib took down Al in his normal fashion and threw more strikes than in the first 2 rounds. In fact, he threw more in round 5 than he did in rounds 1 and 2 combined.

Khabib never hunts for finishes until the last round or when his opponents are handing him the finish. It's just how he fights.

You are essentially saying that Khabib did not have stamina issues. Instead you are saying he carried the fight much like Mike Jackson did vs. Punk

Completely dominant without really making a genuine effort to finish the fight.

Damn, I hope he doesn't get cut like Jackson.

You are essentially saying that Khabib did not have stamina issues. Instead you are saying he carried the fight much like Mike Jackson did vs. Punk
Carried is a strong word. Khabib attempted to finish the fight in round 5 but Al was putting everything into defense and the blood probably made it hard to sink in a choke (RNC isn't his best sub either).

I'm saying, knowing Khabib tendencies, He wanted to go to round 5 and then burn out. He's a long term investment kinda guy, so wanting to feel out 5 rounds of action is very in character for him.

The Trujillo fight, I think he carried. He was literally seconds away from finishing Abel in round 1 and consistently locking up subs. There was no reason, other than dicking around, for him not to sub Abel in round 2.

Snowflakes are afraid of criticising Khabib because he's a Muslim and Muslims can do no wrong.

Colby is a patriotic American and liberals hate America so he is a great target for them.

They are two different fights dude. i don't think he carried Al. I think he dragged it to round 5 but by the end he really was trying to finish it.

Trujillo is a different case. Khabib just stopped trying to finish that fight.

You can nitpick whatever part of my post that you want. It won't change anything.

Gassed fighters do not consitently increase their outputs every round like Khabib did.

There was plenty of criticism on here of Khabib after his last fight.

They are two different fights dude. i don't think he carried Al. I think he dragged it to round 5 but by the end he really was trying to finish it.

Trujillo is a different case. Khabib just stopped trying to finish that fight.

You can nitpick whatever part of my post that you want. It won't change anything.

Gassed fighters do not consitently increase their outputs every round like Khabib did.

Gassed grapplers do abandon grappling.

Lol look at sad Colby huggers trying to force fans on the train. That's not how it works fellas.

Gassed grapplers do abandon grappling.
Except he grappled him in round 5. So I guess he wasn't gassed. Maybe if you tried taking you head out of your ass, you could see that.

And btw, gassed grapplers cling to TDs and grind on the fence. They don't constantly move and outstrike their opponents.

you can't have it both ways.

... someone's personality is irrelevant to their fighting ability.

With that being said,...

when khabib holds a guy down, he's a world-beater....... but when Colby does it, he sucks and is a wall staller.

explain?...without referring to either one of their personalities.

can you do it?

I agree TS.

And i hate Colby.
But they essentially fought the same fight.

Been saying it for a couple of years now. Khabib isn't entertaining.

Except he grappled him in round 5. So I guess he wasn't gassed. Maybe if you tried taking you head out of your ass, you could see that.

And btw, gassed grapplers cling to TDs and grind on the fence. They don't constantly move and outstrike their opponents.

Spin it how you see fit. Khabib abandoned his grappling because he was in energy conservation mode for almost 15 minutes, despite having already proved that Al could not stop his grappling game.

you can't have it both ways.

... someone's personality is irrelevant to their fighting ability.

With that being said,...

when khabib holds a guy down, he's a world-beater....... but when Colby does it, he sucks and is a wall staller.

explain?...without referring to either one of their personalities.

can you do it?

Colby wrestling: barely gets any takedown, doesn't pass, doesn't do damage with ground and pound, most of his attempts ends up in clinch with no action

Khabib wrestling: gets most of the takedowns he tries, has beautiful tds and throws, deals good ammount of damage, gets tko and submission wins, passes guard.

Also Khabib doesn't need to keep TD pressure to win fights, he fucked AI on teh feet.
Meanwhile Colby was outpointed by Demian Maia on the feet

Colby punched his way forward in every single exchange, and RDA just had nothing for him. They exchanged strikes in open water a dozen times, Colby fired and came forward, RDA back peddled.

If you back peddle your way to the cage while your opponent is trying to punch you in the face, it isn't wall and stall. He literally put himself in the wall.

Both Colby and Khabib have enjoyed fairly favorable matchups for their wrestling style - through no fault of their own - but that is the way thinks panned out. Both of them will have to square up with an elite MMA adapted wrestler to see how things go.

Colby wrestling: barely gets any takedown, doesn't pass, doesn't do damage with ground and pound, most of his attempts ends up in clinch with no action

Khabib wrestling: gets most of the takedowns he tries, has beautiful tds and throws, deals good ammount of damage, gets tko and submission wins, passes guard.

Also Khabib doesn't need to keep TD pressure to win fights, he fucked AI on teh feet.
Meanwhile Colby was outpointed by Demian Maia on the feet

On what planet does Khabib get most of the take downs he tries? He went something like 7 for 15 against Raging Al who was completely unprepared for the fight and on the shelf for a year.

He does not have a high success percentage, but he does shoot A LOT.

Context is everything and you are telling one side of the story. Everyone puts away Barboza. Kevin Lee, Ferg, Cerrone - hell Varner put him away. Khabib had to take him to a decision and couldn't get it done.

Khabib gave Johnson his SEVENTH career submission loss. In his next fight, a featherweight gave him his eighth.

Spin it how you see fit. Khabib abandoned his grappling because he was in energy conservation mode for almost 15 minutes, despite having already proved that Al could not stop his grappling game.
Spin it how you want but Khabib's output increased every single round. He was constantly moving and on the offensive. He threw more strikes than most fighter do across 5 rounds. He controlled every second of the fight.

He showed absolutely no signs of fatigue. You are seeing what you want to see man. Just look at the stats.
7ba7ab458305affbd65c194b193b22e3.png

dd24f71c0a6c25c3fc83534d60f06106.png

Khabib's output in rounds 1 and 2 were abysmal. He shot for TDs, threw no GnP, and tried for some chokes.

In rounds 3-5 his output shoots through the roof. His striking output in rounds 3 and 4 are 3 times higher than the previous 2 rounds. His output in round 5 was more than the first 2 combined.

You don't gas and somehow triple your output. Just say you don't like Khabib and call it a day kid.

Back