Tim Kennedy Shares His Thoughts on Anti-Depressants

Tim is one of the those of people who can’t believe something if it hasn’t happened or doesn’t make sense to him. He’ll just accuse everyone else of being a pussy.

Anthony had all of those things and more. He was living his best life possible. He said he was the happiest he’s even been but he still killed himself.

I think anti depressants are over prescribed but some people need them.

I’ve been on them. I’ve been depressed most of my life. I can honesty say the only period of my life where I ever felt okay and normal was when I first took them.

Before taking them, I had reached a point where I was repeating, “I should kill myself” for an hour while driving home from work.

I want to add, almost everyone I know is self medicating. I have friends who drink a quarter bottle of whiskey to get to sleep, drink a six pack of beers with 5 bong hits, smoke weed, do coke, addicted to heroin, gamblers and the ones who don’t have a vice are so miserable they can hardly function.

MDMA & psychedelics will cure depression.

It's complicated. I have been depressed for many years. I have had insomnia since I was a teenager and i usually find it hard to connect with people but i have a handful of great friends. Im not happy though. Also stuck in a situation right now thats kind of a loop/cycle.
Anyways i agree with TK and ill never take antidepressants.

So, you have a problem and will not try the solution that is suggested by professionals in the field?

You deserve everything that happens to you.

Does Tim even fight anymore? It's been two years since he got flatlined by Gastelum

When do we stop giving a fuck what this idiot has to say?

For me it was about 6 seconds after my birth.

Tim Kennedy is a retard.

You know what else dusts off some gloom:

giphy.gif

tumblr_m77eap7BBU1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

uCBw9Tc.gif

As someone who works in a fairly related field, I can tell you that people generally overestimate how much psychology really knows about the brain and how to treat mental illness.

It's much more individualized than most people want to admit, both in treatment and response.

Working in a dispensary that sells medical marijuana is not a related field.

Tim is a dumbass.

Every “well he’s right” poster is a dumbass too. I didn’t know we had so many MDs on Sherdog.

Something that confuses me about the way we treat mental health is the way that we basically ask people to take a survey about their sense of self worth and if the score is really low the immediate next step is “you have a chemical balance in your brain and you need drugs to fix it”. I’m not saying depression is fake, and for sure many people are deeply struggling with their mental health and their pain is real, but I think mental health professionals are way too quick to prescribe medications.

At least that was my experience when I sought mental health help many years ago. I was turned off by the experience and eventually “overcame” my demons my own way. Maybe things are different nowadays.

That's right. Just fucking white knuckle it and eventually you'll snap out of whatever suicidal tendencies you have.

All I wanted was a Pepsi, and she wouldn't give it to me!

There are a lot of "experts" in this thread who are complete fucking morons.

Anecdotal, but I've never found antidepressants to help and they kill my sex drive. I jerked off like 12 times yesterday, a week after getting off Celexa. When taking Celexa, I probably would do the deed, and struggle, once every 2 or 3 days.

Weird to agree somewhat with that douche, but there's something to the antidepressant sentiment. But I'm also of the thought it could just be moreso finding the right one. I mean, they have to exist for a reason. Right?
Your dick is going to be worn out by the time you are 15. lol

Tim is a dumbass.

Every “well he’s right” poster is a dumbass too. I didn’t know we had so many MDs on Sherdog.

It really is fucking amazing how people think they are smarter than the scientific community at large. The amount of detail and nuance in science is staggering.....anyone who has ever studied science beyond a pop sci level knows this.

It really is fucking amazing how people think they are smarter than the scientific community at large. The amount of detail and nuance in science is staggering.....anyone who has ever studied science beyond a pop sci level knows this.

Yeah, these people think they know more about the human mind than literal experts on the human mind.

Tim speaking the truth once again,

Fucking generation :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s always whining about depression.

Bullshit, if you actually had goals and a life to live you wouldn't have the time to be depressed.

Next time you feel depressed, go to a bar, keep asking 10s to lick your balls - odds are you'll find one desperate enough and get some action - problem fucking solved.

If you are the lazy or manlet type, just buy a good quality whore, get her for the whole time too - non of this hourly shit. Have your way with her, then hit the gym, possibly get TRT.

Works for me.

Dude, like, It's not bogus. My man Frank at the dispensary showed me a study that PROVES all you need is the right mix of herb, vape in the AM, a bong hit every hour during the day, and some oils mixed in with dinner, followed by a few bong hits before bed, and you're fine!

No need for any head doctor or meds manufactured by The Man. If it's good enough for Nick Diaz, man, it's good enough for me.

Wait, what was I saying?

Back