Chris Weidman: I’m UFC’s most decorated middleweight with the most title defenses, I deserve a TS.

Weidman matches up great with Whittaker, but he needs another win.

Feed him post USADA Jacare, then a title shot.
Lol, post USADA weidman is way too slow and I think gets picked apart by Whittaker and doesn’t have the ability to get or keep him down.

Much crazier title fights have been held than this one would be. Romero's had 2 chances so if anyone should have to go win a couple it's him now.

I'm a BIG Weidman fight, but yeah, he's going to have to beat more than a blown up Gastelum to get a title shot. Give him one if he beats a top contender next, though.

I liked him better when he wasn't Whineman

Not interested. Give Kelvin the shot
Rematch might be in order. Weidman dominated and then finished him. Has Gastelum gotten better since then. Has Weidman fell off? Let's find out...

Chris, I like you. You're a very good fighter and you beat the GOAT of MMA twice.

But you ain't touching that MW belt again bruh.
Maybe, maybe not. Let's say he gets a rematch with Gastelum and beats him again, then gets a title shot. I could see him giving Bobby trouble with his size, strength, reach, chin and grappling. Dude can take a punch. Was only legitimately knocked out by Romero's knees. But he takes flush bombs from big punchers and either eats them or he gets rocked and then recovers well.

I see your point, but imo even though Kelvin's loss to My Boy was less than a year ago, he has distanced himself from that loss with 2 consecutive wins. One over the former champion and the other over a dangerous top 5 contender who for sure has a better submission game than My Boy, which hints that maybe Kelvin improved in that area after the loss.

If you look at My Boy's win streak before the loss to Rockhold, its mostly against ageing, past prime competition. Souza and Kennedy are imo better wins than any from My Boy's streak.

Plus, if it really is a 50/50 toss up for the next shot, why not reward the dude who moved up despite being small for the weight class and performed better than most expected him to. Put some fresh blood in the title picture.

Knocking out Bisping a few weeks after he got his brains battered and was put away by Georges doesn't mean much. That fight should NOT have been sanctioned, but it was overseas.

His win over Jacare should wash away his stoppage loss to Weidman, which puts them at even.

Kennedy was on the shelf for years and immediately retired. That was a fairly meaningless win, Tim himself saying he had to retire because he felt old and knew he couldn't compete anymore.

Love the Chris, but win another fight first.

You are more than capable, the title will come.

The fight to make is Gastelum vs. Whittaker. I also like the idea of having Weidman vs. Romero 2. If Weidman beats Romero, then give him the next shot.

Who else is there? I'm seriously wondering. Kelvin lost to Chris so that makes no sense.

He lost to Chris over a year ago and has beaten the previous MW champ and the number 2 or 3 guy since that loss to Chris Whineman.

Are people like you really forgetting Kelvin dropped his bitch ass and was only saved by the bell? If Kelvin and Chris rematch, Chris–not–my–boy–Whineman is getting knocked the fuck out.

Posts like this REALLY illustrate the lack of critical thinking skills in this forum.

clint-wtf.gif

Tried to cheat by listening to the ref?

"but but but he said he couldn't continue!!"

No he didn't.

What? He did say worse than that.

"I thought I would win by illegal knee" - he had no desire to keep fighting, he would take the 5 minutes and say he can't continue.

Mousasi was robbed of a legit TKO victory

It would be cool if he got skipped over for a title shot. Giving him the shot would be a smack in the face to other hardworking contenders considering he's 1-3 in his last four and has been on the shelf since a year ago. Guy is so deluded though.
More than the 1-3 record it's the year off from fighting that disqualifying him in my opinion guys/girls should not jump into title fights after such a long injury layoff, Pennington tried the same and got the beating of her life, and even here chris says he's STILL injured.

Who else is there? I'm seriously wondering. Kelvin lost to Chris so that makes no sense.
Gastelum has also beat two of the top guys in the division since that loss, whereas Weidman has done nothing but talk about how he deserves a title shot after going 1-3 in his last four.
I'd rather see the guy who is actice and winning get the shot over someone who sits around waiting.

It would be cool if he got skipped over for a title shot. Giving him the shot would be a smack in the face to other hardworking contenders considering he's 1-3 in his last four and has been on the shelf since a year ago. Guy is so deluded though.
Hell, I’d be happy to see UFC give it to Brunson before teh Chris.

Chris Wiedman ain’t no Holly Holm.

He needs to take time off to recover. The Luke beating was horrific, then Yoel flying knee could have done serious damage, and it didn't help that Moose kneed him in the dome some more. He needs to fight his way back, 3 good wins and I'll believe he deserves a title shot. The only thing is, who does he fight? Whittaker is about the only guy he hasn't fought. Jacare?

Back