Curtis Blaydes would get owned by both D.C. and Stipe.

JonnyBones

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This dude doesn't honestly believe he's ready for guys like DC and Stipe. He beat a scared post ubereem Alistair Overeem who at this point is a light heavyweight who blew himself up to heavyweight using steroids and HGH. That finish wasn't anything spectacular Alistair Overeem folded up and presented the take down. Had this been 2011 Alistair Overeem we wouldnt give a crap about Curtis Blaydes.

Alistair Overeem is still one of the best fighters in the game and I believe he will be back.

Possibly but he still deserves the "big black guy" hype more than Hardy and Lewis (and arguably even Ngannou)!

Blaydes' style is TRUTH... aka Gay Hugging is truth.

He beats DC right now

Stipe's TDD is still a mystery; the DC fight will answer some questions.

Don't have to sell his win short to make this point

That win was impressive as shit on top of being violent and brutal

No reason Stipe and DC would NOT be favorites in that fight. Better overall career wrestling credentials, way more proven in the octagon. Blaydes has good wrestling but there's no reason to think it's better than DC or Stipe's.

Perhaps Blaydes loses to both now but not in 3-5 years when he hits his prime.

I was surprised how easily he took Overeem down and Overeem has good wrestling or I thought he had and was simply manhandled as usually he is the bigger guy.

Of course he would, but how does that define him at this point? He's been a positive surprise to the HW div. 27 with only 4 years of pro experience.

Curtis Blaydes would get owned by both D.C. and Stipe.

Wrong.

At HW you're half a finger barely grazing the temple away from a random knockout. That's why Stipe has the record for title defenses with like 3.

Skill plays less of a factor at HW than other divisions due to the increased fight-ending randomness.

Whether you admit it or not, you subconsciously know this is true which is why you won't bet your life savings on Stipe vs. Blaydes.

you are delusional Man dc is old and a manlet, Curtis blaydes is young BIG, he has same jon jones height plus 254 lbs, strong wrestler, he has descent boxing and speed I think curtis will smoke him

No reason Stipe and DC would NOT be favorites in that fight. Better overall career wrestling credentials, way more proven in the octagon. Blaydes has good wrestling but there's no reason to think it's better than DC or Stipe's.
He is not better technically but this guy is young and way bigger than dc, dc never fought somebody like him.. I think you are sub estimating these factors

Don't have to sell his win short to make this point

That win was impressive as shit on top of being violent and brutal

I agree. Overeem is past his prime, but is still a well-rounded veteran. He had nothing for Blaydes. The fight wasn’t exciting until the finish; Blaydes’ striking and takedowns may not be enough for Stipe/DC; he’s still a deserving contender.

This dude doesn't honestly believe he's ready for guys like DC and Stipe. He beat a scared post ubereem Alistair Overeem who at this point is a light heavyweight who blew himself up to heavyweight using steroids and HGH. That finish wasn't anything spectacular Alistair Overeem folded up and presented the take down. Had this been 2011 Alistair Overeem we wouldnt give a crap about Curtis Blaydes.

Alistair Overeem is still one of the best fighters in the game and I believe he will be back.

This post doesn't make any sense. First you say the Overeem win wasn't any good, then you claim Reem is one of the best fighters in the game and will be back. Which one is it?

Perhaps Blaydes loses to both now but not in 3-5 years when he hits his prime.

Physiologically, a guy is in his absolute physical prime at 18 or 19, when all bodily systems are functioning at maximum efficiency and capacity; therefore, Blaydes is technically past his physical prime already. He should be nearing retirement!
Oh well.

I’m not big on mmath but anyone who beats Ngannou is gonna take some beating. Especially considering that Stipe has never been considered to be a particularly strong hw, but manhandled Francis for most of the fight

He is not better technically but this guy is young and way bigger than dc, dc never fought somebody like him.. I think you are sub estimating these factors

DC has fought giants before. DC has always been shorter than his opponents (except for maybe Monson — but they looked equal to me). And DC always has a shorter reach than his opponents (again possibly excepting Monson). But thus far, DC has won all his fights save for the two Jones’ fights. And he’s won the majority of rounds against his combined competition.

So, him being a “man let” has not hurt him much. And he’s been fighting better than ever despite being “old,” so it’s not as if DC has been steadily declining and losing and getting busted up and is now ready for the rest home. He’s a top fighter with a stellar record who may well beat Stipe. Or maybe not. But his talent and accomplishments speak for themselves.

I think Blaydes could hang with both of them right now honestly. Not sure he’d win, but it would be competitive.

Back