BDS movement nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize

I am not a huge fan of the lbgt agenda, but my hat is off to these brave souls:

Despite the cancelations, TLVFest has refused to remove the filmmakers’ films from the festival’s schedule. In a statement to an Israeli daily, the festival director Yair Hochner said, “Whoever canceled, canceled. As far as we are concerned the festival will continue normally.”

Boycott of Tel Aviv LGBT Film Festival gains momentum with new cancellations

I consider myself a leftist, but this is like a perfect example of leftist retardation.
Boycott an lgbt festival in the only country in the ME that has lgbt rights to support a national struggle of a group of people who hang lgbt in the street. wat

I consider myself a leftist, but this is like a perfect example of leftist retardation.
Boycott an lgbt festival in the only country in the ME that has lgbt rights to support a national struggle of a group of people who hang lgbt in the street. wat
They are standing up for human rights and are heroes as they do this at their own expense.

Even Canada is on this:

GROWING SUPPORT FOR BDS AT CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES

Palestinians Thank Argentina and Lionel Messi for Canceling “Friendly” with Israel

June 6, 2018

Mobilizations across the world succeed in thwarting the Israeli government's use of the match to cover up its war crimes and egregious human rights violations against Palestinians.

01%20-%20Seleccion%20victory.jpg

Argentinian trade unions as well as the Madres de Plaza del Mayo joined the calls. Last week, a rally took place outside the Argentina Football Association (AFA) in Buenos Aires....

The cancellation of Israel’s ‘friendly’ match with Argentina is a boost to the Red Card Israel campaign, which has called on FIFA to expel Israel - as it expelled apartheid South Africa - due to its violations against Palestinian football and its disregard for FIFA statutes....

https://bdsmovement.net/news/palestinians-thank-argentina-and-lionel-messi-canceling-friendly-israel

The world is waking!

I remember when they gave it to Obama right after he was elected. Clearly only given to the most deserving causes.

There is a reason for why Sweden let Norway have the Nobel Peace Prize. So it wouldn’t be ashamed of such idiotic awards bestowed upon Obama and others...:p

My blood pressure always spikes when I hear about the Nobel Peace Prize. It is handed out by Norwegian ex-politicians whose appointement to the commitee is basically a reward for long and faithful service rather than actual merit. As the committee is appointed by the norwegian parliament it also tends to (surprise surprise) reflect the current party composition of parliament.

So we have a nepotistic group of retired career politicians consisting exclusively of people from a country completely detached from international affairs (the norwegians are basically hobbits for f's sake), handing out a prize to proponents of whatever political cause the dominant party/parties of the norwegian parliament happens to be sympathetic towards at the moment.

Not only does it baffle me how this prize garners such international attention; it baffles me that it ever became a thing in the first place. At least the other Nobel prizes are handed out by people competent in their field.

BDS is illegal in Canada ... so strange Israel is the only country my govt can jail me for.

I cannot imagine how this could ever happen.

Yesterday (Sunday), peace activist Ariel Gold was deported from Israel by the immigration authorities at Ben Gurion airport – despite having a visa for studies at the Hebrew University, issued by the Israeli Consulate in New York.

How could this be? This all circles around her support for civil and peaceful protest against Israeli policy, and her support for BDS, Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions, targeting Israel for its human rights violations.,,,

JO: So what does this mean in terms of your plans now? Obviously you can’t do the course at the Hebrew University…

AG: Or visit any of my friends in Palestine, or support work on the ground taking place in Palestine for freedom and equality. I feel the sense of isolation, and a sense of strangling upon activists in Palestine. I mean, you can’t have people like me come in and visit and support. And I think that’s the real purpose of banning me in. Having the ban of the 20 organizations, it’s to isolate a movement and separate and divide, just like Israel does, separating Palestinians in the West Bank from Palestinians inside of 1948 [Israel ‘proper’], Palestinians in Gaza, and for many decades not letting Palestinians in the diaspora in. So this is the next level of isolation and divide for those struggling on the ground.

http://mondoweiss.net/2018/07/deports-activist-supporting/

HUGE!

A prominent Israeli scientist and a translator penned a joint op-ed for the Guardian last week calling on the international community to intervene on behalf of Palestinians, before time runs out. The pair, vice-president of the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities David Harel and writer and translator Ilana Hammerman, gained traction not only because of what they wrote, but who they are: They are not marginal public figures, they are not boycott or BDS activists, and they are not anti-Zionists. They are established and mainstream career professionals renowned in arts and science circles. And they fear, “The state of Israel is facing a catastrophic situation, which could, alarmingly soon, lead to extensive bloodshed.”

From their editorial:

“We represent a group of intellectuals and cultural figures central to Israeli society, several of whom are world renowned in their fields. We are patriotic Israeli citizens who love our country and who contribute tirelessly to Israeli science and culture, and to that of the world at large. We fully intend to stay here and continue to contribute, but we are horrified by the situation and fear deeply for our lives and those of our offspring, and for the lives of the 13 million Jews and Arabs who live here and who have no other homeland.”
More here:
‘This Is Apartheid, There Is No Better Word for It’: Calls for Boycott Growing Among Mainstream Israelis

Back