International Trump/Kim Singapore Summit **UPDATE** Korean Denuclearization Agreement Signed

I think he was speaking in terms of making BUSINESS DEALS back in 2013. Just a hunch.
Does it surprise you that your hunch is exactly wrong? It shouldn't. You don't seem like you're very sharp.

As for FOX News, I don't care. They're shit. Hacks gonna hack.

I'm adverse to ones that start from a place of dishonesty.

Just a heads up so your aversion doesn't become a full blown allergy: you regularly agree with FoxNews on everything to do with Trump.

You've repeated talking points that originated from FoxNews talking heads. If we made a poll guessing who here actually worked for Fox, you'd place in the top 5 without a doubt.

Better make those calls for honest discussion louder, they can't seem to get past your bullshit.

You go ahead and spend your time combing the archives for ammo to use against Trump. No one else is doing that. Judge the guy on his current actions.

Good point, here let me try:

His current actions standing in direct contrast to all his previously stated opinions, reflect a man absent of a moral compass and principle. It calls into question the motivations behind these actions, when they stand opposed to what he recently claimed to be his beliefs.

You getting it yet?

giphy.gif

I completely called him out on it, he avoided my post like the plague and then had the nerve to talk about "honest discourse".

Makes it easy to understand why a lot of these people follow a complete liar: they relate to him.

Trump's been talking about this since the campaign trail. Talking about how we should get out of SK and Japan should build up their own armies and nuclear arsenals and that the United States shouldn't be defending them.

See, the problem is we all keep viewing these behaviors through the lenses of people who want peace in the world, who support and defend democratic principles, and who value human rights. Most of the rest of the world thinks that means Kim surrenders his nuclear program and the US uses its considerable strength and diplomatic alliances to pressure Kim into disarmament and greater democratization and freedom for NK people.

But Trump doesn't give a sh*t about that. That would take a lot of work, and cost a lot of time and money, and it probably wouldn't work any time soon given that we've tried that for decades to no avail.

Trump isn't a tactical genius for meeting with Kim. Any of our past presidents could have met with Kim at any time. Any of our presidents could have agreed to stop doing the drills at any time. So why didn't they? They didn't meet because all of our past presidents wanted to hold on to that meeting as a carrot for some concession by NK to improve peace and regional stability. That's not Trump's aim.

We need to stop thinking in terms of what's good long term for the US/world and what is good for Trump today.

We laughed when Trump said that the US is safe now from the NK nuclear threat....but he's not entirely wrong. If Trump gives Kim everything he wants, Kim *is* much less likely to launch nukes at the US. By ceding all of this, South Korea and Japan are in substantially greater danger, as is liberal democracy in eastern Asia and the world at large, not to mention the increasing incentives for nuclear proliferation.....but so what? Trump doesn't care.

Trump's slogan is "America First!" By giving Kim everything he wants and then some, Trump pulls the US out of the fray. No more American blood or treasure wasted defending the lives of foreigners. If South Korea is in danger, the Trump philosophy is to withdraw US power and leave them to fight their own battles.

Trump is doing this all over. With the UN, with NATO, with the G-7. Trump gets an ego boost, Republicans get something more to bash Democrats over the head with, Putin is happy. That's a win-win-win in Trump's book. Why wouldn't he? If that hangs SK and Japan out to dry, that's their problem.

Any future conflict or negative geopolitical fallout that occurs from Trump giving Kim & Putin whatever they want up to and including complete US withdrawal from the Korean theater will likely a) befall non-American foreigners the hardest, b) won't directly harm the US until after Trump is out of office, and c) the initial stages will be too subtle for most American voters to even notice much less care about or attribute to these events. Why would Donald Trump care about any of that?

That's my attempt to find a method to Trump's apparent "madness". <Moves>

Trump's been talking about this since the campaign trail. Talking about how we should get out of SK and Japan should build up their own armies and nuclear arsenals and that the United States shouldn't be defending them.

See, the problem is we all keep viewing these behaviors through the lenses of people who want peace in the world, who support and defend democratic principles, and who value human rights. Most of the rest of the world thinks that means Kim surrenders his nuclear program and the US uses its considerable strength and diplomatic alliances to pressure Kim into disarmament and greater democratization and freedom for NK people.

But Trump doesn't give a sh*t about that. That would take a lot of work, and cost a lot of time and money, and it probably wouldn't work any time soon given that we've tried that for decades to no avail.

Trump isn't a tactical genius for meeting with Kim. Any of our past presidents could have met with Kim at any time. Any of our presidents could have agreed to stop doing the drills at any time. So why didn't they? They didn't meet because all of our past presidents wanted to hold on to that meeting as a carrot for some concession by NK to improve peace and regional stability. That's not Trump's aim.

We need to stop thinking in terms of what's good long term for the US/world and what is good for Trump today.

We laughed when Trump said that the US is safe now from the NK nuclear threat....but he's not entirely wrong. If Trump gives Kim everything he wants, Kim *is* much less likely to launch nukes at the US. By ceding all of this, South Korea and Japan are in substantially greater danger, as is liberal democracy in eastern Asia and the world at large, not to mention the increasing incentives for nuclear proliferation.....but so what? Trump doesn't care.

Trump's slogan is "America First!" By giving Kim everything he wants and then some, Trump pulls the US out of the fray. No more American blood or treasure wasted defending the lives of foreigners. If South Korea is in danger, the Trump philosophy is to withdraw US power and leave them to fight their own battles.

Trump is doing this all over. With the UN, with NATO, with the G-7. Trump gets an ego boost, Republicans get something more to bash Democrats over the head with, Putin is happy. That's a win-win-win in Trump's book. Why wouldn't he? If that hangs SK and Japan out to dry, that's their problem.

Any future conflict or negative geopolitical fallout that occurs from Trump giving Kim & Putin whatever they want up to and including complete US withdrawal from the Korean theater will likely a) befall non-American foreigners the hardest, b) won't directly harm the US until after Trump is out of office, and c) the initial stages will be too subtle for most American voters to even notice much less care about or attribute to these events. Why would Donald Trump care about any of that?

That's my attempt to find a method to Trump's apparent "madness". <Moves>

Dude.... did you... you know... actually read what you posted? Please tell me you did.

Just a heads up so your aversion doesn't become a full blown allergy: you regularly agree with FoxNews on everything to do with Trump.

You've repeated talking points that originated from FoxNews talking heads. If we made a poll guessing who here actually worked for Fox, you'd place in the top 5 without a doubt.

Liberal blindly calls right winger a Fox News puppet.

Edgy.

Holy shit. Kudos for not writing nine boring paragraphs in rebuttal.

And Heretic runs from another one! There was nothing for me to rebuke, the topic is how you're a hypocrite and a liar, and you're just dodging me pointing that out every, single, time, just makes it reeeeeeaaaalllly obvious.

Sorry about the trouble with reading though, Next time I'll try to throw in a few lines about women looking like John McCain to you...

Last edited:
Back