Tim Kennedy Shares His Thoughts on Anti-Depressants

I see people all the time at work on whatever wonder drug they say will fix them. It sure as shit doesn't.

SSRI's are way over prescribed and fuck up people's brain chemistry.

Some people may need them but it seems they are just used as a magic pill.

Real talk time you fucks. I like Tim Kennedy but he’s a wackjob that shouldn’t be giving medical advice to impressionable depressed people.

Depression aint no joke. Look at Chris , Chester and now Anthony... you dont think they had lots of “friends”, money, luxuries and women they could fuck? of course... its way more than that.

Btw usa takes the no1 spot as far as mentally ill ppl goes. Look at all the school shootings. Too many people suffering from ocd, bipolar disorder, depression , etc.

Last edited:
Btw usa takes the no1 spot as fat as mentally ill ppl goes. Look at all the school shootings. Too many people suffering from ocd, bipolar disorder, depression , etc.

We also lead the world in red-neck-ness and turbo-Xtianity. Both of those tend to bend the mind in the wrong direction as well. But whatcha gonna do?

Tim Kennedy has a point but it’s not that simple.

He’s a Colby type troll hiding behind
His military background to divert scummyness

I used to be anti anti-depressants until I started having panic attacks. No amount of healthy living, meditation, therapy, or whatever could make them stop. But Lexapro did and for that, I'll stay on them forever. I believe depression is a case by case thing. Sometimes your brain just doesn't want to make sense.

I've gone through depression a few times and for me it's more just the ebb and flow of life. I've ridden incredible highs and hit some pretty bad lows. But at the low points, there really isn't anything to be done but wade through it. You feel numb to pleasure, life seems complicated, and any plans you make to improve your situation just feel pointless.

I think depression, like most mental illnesses exists on a spectrum and Tim's advice can help, but not necessarily solve the problem. The brain is so complex not even our most intelligent scientists can figure it out. I think some people are born with or create a chemical imbalance in their head, and have to try to find a way to level it. I'm lucky my depression has never been bad enough to go down a medical rabbit hole, but for some folks there's not much choice. And I've personally known a few who found their "perfect drug regiment" to largely fix their issues.

At the end of the day we have an incredibly motivated and energetic former special operative here trying to lecture people on how to be happy. Personally I'd be a lot more receptive to someone's opinion who's actual been in the mental "shit." Feel free to correct me if he has, but doesn't strike me as the type.

As a side note, for anyone having a hard time go listen to Dominic Cruz's podcast on JRE from a year or so ago. Dude always seems so solid mentally, but he talks about depression and what all the injuries did to his psyche, and having to really fight his mind to get back. Pretty inspirational stuff.

Now that the sentimental shit is over imma get back to trolling...

So sex in the ocean while eating at the same time would be like 10x the effect of eg prozac. <seedat>

Tim doesn't have a clue what major depressive, or bi-polar disorder are. Exersize, sunlight and all that helps a bit but it isn't gonna get people through serious mental disorders like that alone. You can have a perfect life and still have major depression.

Also Bourdain has a history of heroin and cocaine addiction.

I'll be glad once I die lol. Not a religious person myself. I enjoy thinking we live and we die the end. No afterlife like heaven or anything. We just die and no longer exist simple as that.

A person can have have a family, sex, friends, exercise, healthy diet, sunlight, ocean and depression is going to cause them to withdraw from all those things until they have nothing left. Depression can strike when you are at the highest of highs, it dosent matter how good your life is. Once the negative thought loop takes a hold, its nothing but spirals downwards into darkness and despair.

Well Tim Kennedy was punched in the head too many times and he’s the biggest idiot on Earth. Tough, but a moron.

Spoken like an idiot that has never had depression himself. It's easy to tell everyone else to act in a way when you never had the experience of the problem yourself. A true ignorant idiot

I fell into major depression after having a CAT scan of my abdomen return back and being diagnosed with Stage 2 Colon cancer. I had to be placed in patient for 2 weeks and off work for 1 month because of what I was considering doing to myself due to the lifestyle change and pain I am suffering from everyday. If someone told me that that the simple solution was to Exercise, be with friends and enjoy sunshine when my body is dying on me when I am only 24 years old I would consider them to be ignorant of what depression can result from and how serious an issue it is.
I would say 99% of ppl knew what you meant..... obviously not 100%

Fucking stop fapping so much and in Bourdains case stop hanging around with some ultra occult feminist.

Oh and for rest of us jerk offs who may not have the luxury of ocean, good friends, sex and sun. Please do meditation and/or chi kung as well as gardening.

Bullshit. A good career you are passionate about and a good paycheck is the real cure. Most people have shit jobs, and that's the real cause. Only a small percentage of the population has a chance at any decent level of happiness. The game is to get there by screwing the next guy before you get screwed.

I can only speak to my own experience with depression and various treatments.

I found that drugs work, to an extent, and for a time only. But like taking an analgesic for a toothache, they never seemed to solve the real problem. Tim's prescription also has some merit, but sun, a good diet, sex, the beach etc. are the sorts of things a healthy, balanced person already often has. A depressed person probably has no appetite for these things nor the energy to pursue them.

I found that time spent with a loving family and building a sense of contributing to the lives of others in a positive way helped most. To any of the guys or ladies in this thread who are struggling with mental health issues: I wish you the best in your fight.

Exactly the attitude I expected from a guy as proudly ignorant as Kennedy.

But they are not magic, they can do harm.

Back