Do you think that 226 will sell ?

Start a thread without the lineup like I should either have it memorized or go look it up for myself...

Poor form, kid

I hadn't been in the Heavies in a few weeks and literally didn't know 225 was this past weekend until I got an ESPN phone alert about prelim results. UFC is a fucking joke of a promotional company.

So I'm saying this thing is lucky to double Mighty Mouse's worst PPV numbers.

Heavyweights sell. Miocic did 300 and 350 in his last two with much worse undercards. Throw in the champ vs champ factor and Hplloway Ortega and this card might just end up a little north of 500000

Honestly i think 226 will sell 400k at best , They should start to promote skilled and elite fighters not unskilled “models” like sage and paige lol

who cares not all ppvs will sell 2 million

It's funny people used to say Cyborg wasn't a draw and 222 apparently did more than 224 &225 combined with its huge PPV draws of cm punk and Colby.
<5>

With the right promotion it could do 500-600k but with that said I'm going to guess 300k.

No matter the owners, their promotion style seems to be "expect the fighter to do everything, and then throw them under the bus when the card does shit numbers. For a promoter they're shockingly bad at.....promotion.

man i barely see any promotion for any cards at all. no wonder theyre selling like shit. they shouldve promoted ufc 225 hard.
I used to see UFC billboards around Vegas and on cabs. Not anymore

I noticed a trend on this site that’s really annoying, talking about how much this card would make and about fighters’ girlfriends or wives! WTF?

It depends on what you mean by “sell.” I think we need to go ahead and pretty much face the fact that unless it has GSP or Conor on the card, it will never really pull enough casual interest to really “sell.” No matter how good the fights are. The PPV buying MMA fan base just really isn’t that big.

PPV buys has been low overall for the UFC in the last few years. They have other sources of income now for sure but it's in a decline. I reallly dont give a shit either way. I watch because I love MMA. UFC is the brand to fight under.

It will definitely do well, nobody cared about Yoel vs Whittaker outside of sherdog. It won't do a million buys or anything but it does well, 400-600k sounds about right with a 3-4mill gate.

For me, as a foreigner, it's fascinating how americans buy something just because a name is there (Conor, Brock, GSP, Roussey)

In 2017, there were 2 cards who sold big
- DC vs Jones
- GSP vs Bisping

And both were good cards, no doubt about it. But they sold because of GSP and because of Jones (more exactly, the Jones - DC feud)

Aldo vs Max 2 was also a good card, but it sold like shit.

Conor vs Nate 2 was not such a good they. It had Rumble and Cowboy and that's it. But it sold great.

And 225 was a great card:
- the best strikes in the MW division - championship fight
- Colby (hated) vs RDA (interesting fighting style) - interim
- 2 HW fights with Reem (veteran) and Tuivasa (brawler)
- Bektic vs Lamas
- even fucking CM Punk who should be popular, I don't know why

And it sold like shit

And now you have 226 with:
- Stipe vs DC - 2 champions -ok, it will probably be a boring fight
- Ortega vs Max - championship - Ortega should be a rising star, wtf
- black on black crime
- Saki
- Costa
- Platinum

And it will probably sell like shit

People need stars.

No, cards sell on the UFC's brand or on the fighters' drawing power. UFC's brand doesn't mean anything anymore for PPVs because of cards like 224. Only 3-4 fighters have major drawing power. It won't do as bad as 224 or 225. DC and Stipe do have some drawing power. If 225 really did only 150k buys, I predict 200k for this card.

Youre one of the haters saying 225 did 150k buys?? The card was a good one. Lay off the hate for a while,you will be much happier if you go outside and get some fresh air! If you don’t like the brand then just don’t watch!

Back