Happy upbeat Ronda/Mom praising Gokor/Pre-Edmond...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I saw this and it was amazing! This is pre-Edmond when Ronda was in strike force and training with Gokor. Ronda and her mom are very complimentary towards Gokor.

I wonder why she left if all was good at Hayastan:

I saw this and it was amazing! This is pre-Edmond when Ronda was in strike force and training with Gokor. Ronda and her mom are very complimentary towards Gokor.

Just look at how healthy she looks there compared to after some time with Edmund.

My conspiracy theory is that Gokor would not always be a yes man, did not foster a bully mentality and did not 'yes man' her party type lifestyle that she wanted. With Edmund, she could party, drink, do all sorts of stuff and seeing as he did that stuff too, as well as 'yes manning' her, she felt it was easier to stay there, much like Perry wanted to stay training with his tennis playing girlfriend opposed to pushing himself, making himself uncomfortable, by going to a real gym.

What is remarkable is how long RR was able to get by with Edmund in her corner. She neglected her strengths, looked more pale/out of shape/more unhealthy with every fight but kept on winning. Most martial artists get better with time but she got worse and the yes men made her delusional.

She looks damn huge, and ripped, hell even when she was leaner in strikeforce, she looked a force. Edmund really rekt her.

looks like shed get head kicked again to me

Just look at how healthy she looks there compared to after some time with Edmund.

My conspiracy theory is that Gokor would not always be a yes man, did not foster a bully mentality and did not 'yes man' her party type lifestyle that she wanted. With Edmund, she could party, drink, do all sorts of stuff and seeing as he did that stuff too, as well as 'yes manning' her, she felt it was easier to stay there, much like Perry wanted to stay training with his tennis playing girlfriend opposed to pushing himself, making himself uncomfortable, by going to a real gym.

What is remarkable is how long RR was able to get by with Edmund in her corner. She neglected her strengths, looked more pale/out of shape/more unhealthy with every fight but kept on winning. Most martial artists get better with time but she got worse and the yes men made her delusional.

This is EXACTLY Gokor in a nutshell. The guy is old school and if you express a desire to fight, he used to assume you were going monk mode and end up becoming an introverted training machine. Gokor is just an ambitious dude who has life long obsession for specific grappling techniques.

Karo in his old interviews used to complain about him being strict with training and obsessive with details when it came to technique. He did leave Hayastan and went to Couture but then he came back and at the end, he was better for it though just got old.

That being said, my thing I don't get is, by the time Ronda entered MMA ( 2011) Gokor was kind of chilled out since he understood not everyone is going to share his discipline and so he would let his student do their thing. In this video Ronda said something along the lines of " some trainers weren't giving me the time of day but sensei Gokor and Gene always welcomed me no matter what"

That's the part that got me weirded out man. Since this was a stab at Edmond who at the time rejected her and was expressing her joy with Gokor and yet...she finally went to Edmond!

Two things.

1. People want what they can't have. When Edmund told her no and finally said yes, she went for it because she thought she had made a step forward.
2. Gokor is awfully hands on and she even looks a bit uncomfortable when she is saying that she always felt welcome at his gym and he grabs her for the 20th time.

Maybe she wasn't feeling the vibe and thought the grass was greener on Edmund's side - and then he YES RONDA!!!'d her until she believed in him like a guru.

Can't put all the blame on Edmond. Save some for USADA.

Nonsense. PEDs don't give you Ronda's negative personality traits. Paranoia, bouts of rage, depression, etc.. The very idea of roid rage sounds like the ravings of a bedlamite.

Two things.

1. People want what they can't have. When Edmund told her no and finally said yes, she went for it because she thought she had made a step forward.
2. Gokor is awfully hands on and she even looks a bit uncomfortable when she is saying that she always felt welcome at his gym and he grabs her for the 20th time.

Maybe she wasn't feeling the vibe and thought the grass was greener on Edmund's side - and then he YES RONDA!!!'d her until she believed in him like a guru.

To be fair, that's just how Armenians are. Gokor is a good dude he is not that type of person. Besides, Edmond has gotten hands on as well:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Nonsense. PEDs don't give you Ronda's negative personality traits. Paranoia, bouts of rage, depression, etc.. The very idea of roid rage sounds like the ravings of a bedlamite.
She admitted she was addicted to pills and booze. Any addict will tell you, you don't just lose your addiction over night. And when I hear she got Diaz hooked on booze, which very well lead to his downfall, I can't but help to think she didn't kick all her bad habits and Gokor wouldn't put up with it while Edmund would.

mM2zBX1.jpg

That’s 100% a PED body. Can’t blame Edmond for USADA

Damn! I never really paid attention to what her body did after USADA came in. But you can totally see a difference in how her body just magically put on a leaner, more cut look. She'd probably give ya some bullshit like 'oh I have all the time to spend in the gym that I need to get ready for WWE"... which is bullshit. Unless she's Michael Phelps and eating 12k calories a day, you can't spend hours or whatever in a gym and expect to put on a body like that... Anyone who's done just a tiny bit of training/working would kinda know.

I kinda think Ronda just got wayyyyyy too cocky with her ability to get somebody to the ground, then run an arm bar on em in the span of 2 minutes in to the first round. Holly made her head shrink a little bit, with the loss as well as that chop to the dome that made her think she was floating in the stars. I can't believe anyone would hire Edmond to train after all that shit... he trained the boxer that just fought GGG.... like what? Maybe he had a coupon in the penny saver or some shit?

I'm waiting for TRT to become magically more cut and lean now. I can't imagine juicing your whole life, or whatever 20 years, and having to come off the juice like that. It's gotta send your body in to complete shock, probably fucks with your emotions too.

Ronda looks swole as hell here

Can't put all the blame on Edmond. Save some for USADA.
You do realise she's looked the most jacked she has ever looked in the Nunes fight? I blame it on nutrition and not training as intensely due to lack of motivation and being hailed the greatest.

Yes I'm aware. That's what I'm saying.
She left the USADA testing pool between the Holm and Nunes fights and only re-entered the testing pool to the day the required time prior to the Nunes fight. I have zero doubt that knowing that she wouldn't be tested for >6 months, she did everything she could to improve herself physically.

Just check USADA site, not even tested once in 2017. Hmm....

Aw the good old days when things made sense.

Damn! I never really paid attention to what her body did after USADA came in. But you can totally see a difference in how her body just magically put on a leaner, more cut look. She'd probably give ya some bullshit like 'oh I have all the time to spend in the gym that I need to get ready for WWE"... which is bullshit. Unless she's Michael Phelps and eating 12k calories a day, you can't spend hours or whatever in a gym and expect to put on a body like that... Anyone who's done just a tiny bit of training/working would kinda know.

I kinda think Ronda just got wayyyyyy too cocky with her ability to get somebody to the ground, then run an arm bar on em in the span of 2 minutes in to the first round. Holly made her head shrink a little bit, with the loss as well as that chop to the dome that made her think she was floating in the stars. I can't believe anyone would hire Edmond to train after all that shit... he trained the boxer that just fought GGG.... like what? Maybe he had a coupon in the penny saver or some shit?

I'm waiting for TRT to become magically more cut and lean now. I can't imagine juicing your whole life, or whatever 20 years, and having to come off the juice like that. It's gotta send your body in to complete shock, probably fucks with your emotions too.

Common bro, why do you have to be so negative?

She was jacked because she was lifting weights which is anabolic activity. Edmond told Rogan how horrible weight lifting is and had Ronda do excessive running which is catabolic activity. Also, Ronda was broke for most parts and steroids are EXPENSIVE as hell!

Ronda looks swole as hell here

True, she was doing lots of grappling and weight lifting. I did some grappling and mostly boxing but grappling gives you a pump as well as weight lifting.

Aw the good old days when things made sense.

Amen to that bro!

She was very likable and just fun to listen to because of her laid back easy going attitude.

Is Edmund training her for WWE bouts? Would be a shame for a world class athlete like Ronda to neglect her greatest asset.

Is Edmund training her for WWE bouts? Would be a shame for a world class athlete like Ronda to neglect her greatest asset.

He still trains her. He claims he teaches his students martial arts exercise and they go out and become gymnastic teachers.

Back