Why are you people always complaining about fighter's pay?

BOSS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean it's not your money so why are you so invested? You think the fighters give a flying F how much you make flipping them burgers? In fact you should pray that they never get paid a lot because guess what? Once they make coin they will split like C man or Diaz bros...

Kinda like how Mayweather stopped fighting after his first big payday ...wait ...

Kinda like how Mayweather stopped fighting after his first big payday ...wait ...

Well he's a money obsessed greedy fuck and even so he fought a lot less often. On top of that unlike mma with his style he hardly takes damage.

Most fighters just wanna live a comfortable life with minimal damage. But even if they stick around after making big money they probably never be as hungry.. train as hard.. care as much... etc

I feel so bad for young people who get into pro mma for the money. Preeeeetty much guaranteed you’re gonna wake up someday in your 30s broke with a fucked up body and a wasted life. MMA is for crazy people without life longevity in mind.

I want all the money from those 87.000 ppv in Whitaker's bank acount right now or i can't enjoy combat

methodgetrs90q75x212y48w700h372ro0swoodleytyronufc.jpg

What do you mean by " you people " ?

These people have a following and contribute to most of the ppv buys (lets be real ufc doesnt even promote the fights, they just put their name brand on the poster and hope it sells). The fighters have to go out of their way, interact with fans, and make a name for themselves by theirselves.
Rory Macdonald got 59,000$ before taxes to face Robbie fucking Lawler in a world welterweight championship fight.. And that fight definitely will take some years off of Rory.
Not to mention, they completely fucked the fighters over with the Reebok deal.

I am studying to become a nurse. I'm sure if you asked a fighter a theoretical question "do you think nurses should make more money?" a lot of them would say yes. That doesn't mean they are going to make it a priority in their lives. Similarly, I can say that I think fighters should make more money without actually making it a personal goal of mine to make it happen. It's just a discussion.

The reason why it should happen is because fighters deserve a bigger piece of the pie when it comes to profits because they make the product possible and the occupation requires a great deal of time, dedication, skill, and physical sacrifice.

We'd get a better product if fighters got paid more because it would attract more athletes. So there is legitimate reason for fans to care if you want to go with the selfish angle.

Look at Conor, paid peanuts fights regularly, gets rich then has power to pick and choose.

Fighters have chosen this life but just because you are violent you should be paid in the millions? I have to disagree, their impact is purely from media and media is a big business, therefore how they choose to pay their employees is their own prerogative no matter if the common man says otherwise.

I mean it's not your money so why are you so invested? You think the fighters give a flying F how much you make flipping them burgers? In fact you should pray that they never get paid a lot because guess what? Once they make coin they will split like C man or Diaz bros...

cause people see what bellator doing and they are mad at dana for it.

I am studying to become a nurse. I'm sure if you asked a fighter a theoretical question "do you think nurses should make more money?" a lot of them would say yes. That doesn't mean they are going to make it a priority in their lives. Similarly, I can say that I think fighters should make more money without actually making it a personal goal of mine to make it happen. It's just a discussion.

The reason why it should happen is because fighters deserve a bigger piece of the pie when it comes to profits because they make the product possible and the occupation requires a great deal of time, dedication, skill, and physical sacrifice.

We'd get a better product if fighters got paid more because it would attract more athletes. So there is legitimate reason for fans to care if you want to go with the selfish angle.

Nurse?? like ben stiller in meet the fuckers?? and i think if you asked them that they would say what do I care I'm not a nurse...

Nurse?? like ben stiller in meet the fuckers?? and i think if you asked them that they would say what do I care I'm not a nurse...
Have some fucking respect dude it's Meet the Fockers.

They are "prize fighters" and we want see what the prize is? And then we are surprised that this "beast" of a human is only making $125,000 a year

TS is all over the place.

Why do people pay attention to money? Because they fight for money. Its a business.

We don't just sit here wondering where Benson and Rory went and why. We are curious fans.

MMA is promotional game, and the goal is to make money. Everything else is story line.

I'm not so much worried about the higher paid fighters getting more than they do.
I dislike the fact that the young people trying to make it fight for peanuts and then get CTE

because this is prize fighting and the money determines what fights get made. Or do you still believe the fairy tale that this is a legitimate sport based on merit?

Just think of a guy like clay guida. Look at his career and then add up his salary on the last few years and thats why we are pissed about fighter pay.

Back