Who's Your Favorite Horror Icon?

No being a horror aficionado myself, what’s the difference between Jason Vorhes and Michael Meyers?

Michael was admitted to a mental institution as a kid for killing his sister. I think he is the first "Slasher''

Jason was born deformed and his mom kept him isolated from others (which is why he does his mother's bidding) he went to camp and was bullied and thrown in the lake where he drowned. He reks teenagers every year at that camp as revenge.

The Werewolf
An-American-Werewolf-in-London.png

Michael Myers
michael-myers-gif-14.gif

halloween-resurrection-michael-myers-2687492-900-585.jpg

This guy "won" the battle of the Nephalim:

5ika8MQ.gif

Michael was admitted to a mental institution as a kid for killing his sister. I think he is the first "Slasher''

Jason was born deformed and his mom kept him isolated from others (which is why he does his mother's bidding) he went to camp and was bullied and thrown in the lake where he drowned. He reks teenagers every year at that camp as revenge.

I guess I more meant what are their power/skill sets, because in practical terms they seem rather indistinguishable from one another to a lay person like myself.

giphy.gif

Let's get some love for Pennywise in here.

Honestly how does a horror nut even pick? In this last ten years or so we have been introduced to some killer ones aswell in my opinion, The Witch, The Nun and Annabelle are all terrifying.

And this little cunt is a legend.

tenor.gif

I guess I more meant what are their power/skill sets, because in practical terms they seem rather indistinguishable from one another to a lay person like myself.
Both pretty much indestructible (for better or worse) not much of a skill set, myers usually uses a huge kitchen knife, Jason a machete.

Myers started the slasher genre.

Jason is an undead zombie for most of the series, repeatedly being "killed" and then resurrected time and time again in the sequels.

Myers has never officially been killed in the original series. They sometimes end the films making it look like he was, but then they rationalize in the next sequel how he survived. Plus, Myers still looks human underneath the mask. Jason does not.

Other than that, both are silent, nearly indestructible killers with superhuman strength.

To me is absolutely Dracula, i'm still waiting a movie that give the chracter justice

Coppola's one aged terribly

Will like one made of 2 movies

- From youth, to impaler, to vampire's Lord for centuries
- From the end of first movie to Bram Stoker's arc

Will also like for once they cast the right man for the role.
Christopher Lee made it too cheesy
Oldman is my favourite actor, but i did'nt liked his Dracula

Will have liked see Mads Mikkelsen or Micheal Wincott give it a try

61ed016c7c0e34ee4f9f250b2b01fc9e.jpg
220px-Le_Chiffre_by_Mads_Mikkelsen.jpg

Michael-Wincott-Top-Dollar.jpg

I actually loved this movie. Mcconaughey' best performance lol. And that fucking dance leather face kept doing wtf, still loved it

TCM and TCM 2 represents the overall difference between the 70s and the 80s!!! 80s fucking rule!

Frankenstein, Dracula, Werewolf, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers, Chucky, Ghostface (OK, he's not a single killer bur rather a disguise for several different ones, but still), Jigsaw, etc. There's other lesser known ones, such as The Leprechaun (Leprechaun series), The Tall Man (Phantasm series), Matt Cordell (Maniac Cop series), Angela/Peter Baker (Sleepaway Camp movies), Candyman (Candyman series), etc.

Which series and killer do you find the most entertaining? My pick is Freddy. He's got the best backstory, the most imaginative way of killing people (in their dreams + his way of purposefully toying with his victims and using their personal desires/fears against them before offing them), and a lot of personality and charisma to boot.

This thread deserves a poll.

5. Pinnhead
images

4. Michael Meyers
latest

3. Jason Vorhees
hle0uksa4txwyvzqtkur.jpg

2. Freddy Krueger
maxresdefault.jpg

1. Reagan MacNeil
maxresdefault.jpg

Side note: The Strangers is a guilty pleasure horror film for me. I know it's really nothing special, but it's a fun "cat and mouse" movie. I was looking for something to watch tonight and forgot they made a second one. As soon as I saw the main character was an "edgy teenage girl" wearing a Ramones shirt...I knew I was in for a shit show.

Candyman for me.

This conversation gets more complicated if we only judge these guys based on their first movies but guus like Freddy and Jason got so fucking retarded in the later movies that it killed their legacy imo.

giphy.gif

Let's get some love for Pennywise in here.

Honestly how does a horror nut even pick? In this last ten years or so we have been introduced to some killer ones aswell in my opinion, The Witch, The Nun and Annabelle are all terrifying.

And this little cunt is a legend.

tenor.gif
The new IT movie is pretty good, not sure why some people are hating on it. Not so scary though, but the entire movie was pretty good. I liked the ending part when they finally mustered the courage to save their friend.

I hated Chucky so much when I was a kid lol. Was always scared he could be under my bed.

To me is absolutely Dracula, i'm still waiting a movie that give the chracter justice

Coppola's one aged terribly

Will like one made of 2 movies

- From youth, to impaler, to vampire's Lord for centuries
- From the end of first movie to Bram Stoker's arc

Will also like for once they cast the right man for the role.
Christopher Lee made it too cheesy
Oldman is my favourite actor, but i did'nt liked his Dracula

Will have liked see Mads Mikkelsen or Micheal Wincott give it a try

61ed016c7c0e34ee4f9f250b2b01fc9e.jpg
220px-Le_Chiffre_by_Mads_Mikkelsen.jpg

Michael-Wincott-Top-Dollar.jpg
Not an all time cinema classic or anything but I was shocked how much I enjoyed Dracula Untold

gallery-1496657747-dracula-untold-luke-evans-vlad1.jpg

Dracula is one of my favorite novels ever but i still don't think they have done a movie that properly captures the character.

As far as movies I'd have to go with Jigsaw. (Unless Predator counts as horror)
Lol jigsaw is so bitch made

Back