Why are you people always complaining about fighter's pay?

They're entertainers... I don't know about you, but I'm not a cheap fuck and can actually afford to pay for PPV's without batting an eye. I want that money in the hands of the fighters. Sure UFC gotta get theirs for producing and stuff, but I gotta think you're not great on getting the actual tone of a post from somebody on here.

Like I say, from time to time that I think UFC fighters are still underpaid, they're the draw. The UFC is simply an Uber or a Lyft. And by me saying their underpaid, that means to you that that somehow ruins my day or effects my life in any kind of way? Yo, how many chromosomes you got? I think you got some extra ones or some shit.

They're entertainers... I don't know about you, but I'm not a cheap fuck and can actually afford to pay for PPV's without batting an eye. I want that money in the hands of the fighters. Sure UFC gotta get theirs for producing and stuff, but I gotta think you're not great on getting the actual tone of a post from somebody on here.

Like I say, from time to time that I think UFC fighters are still underpaid, they're the draw. The UFC is simply an Uber or a Lyft. And by me saying their underpaid, that means to you that that somehow ruins my day or effects my life in any kind of way? Yo, how many chromosomes you got? I think you got some extra ones or some shit.

You had me at Yo

More importantly, why do you give a flying F that people give a flying F about fighter pay. Like you say, it's not your opinion so it shouldn't matter to you.

I would like to see these guys earn a living wage, support their family, and fight full time. I want to see the best athletes come in their best form. Shit look at Stipe he's the greatest UFC HW of all time and the current HW champ... still works part time as a firefighter to pay the bills... WTF Dana?!?! You goto any other major professional sport, you see their athletes competing and training full time, not working some bullshit ass job in between fights? Is Steph Curry going to work at fucking Arby's now that the NBA season is over? No he's going to enjoy his championship and the brief break until preseason starts up. Look at the 3rd string players that sit on the bench, they make enough money to compete/train full time and they're all relatively nobodies. Look at how much the UFC pays their top 10 athletes and how much they earn from PPV's, there's a huge discrepancy. Fighters as a whole make like 4-7% of the revenue off each card, DAFUQ is that bullshit. The NFL made like $9.6B in revenue last year, the total salary cap for all 32 teams totaled is $5.6B, that's 59% of the revenue.

Last edited:
Because shit tier pay attracts shit tier athletes. Not rocket science. Why do you think HW and LHW are so thin? It's not because we ran out of big dudes. They'd just rather do anything else than take massive CTE for peanuts

So your asking on an mma forum why do fans of the sport care about the sport and the athletes in it?

I mean it's not your money so why are you so invested? You think the fighters give a flying F how much you make flipping them burgers? In fact you should pray that they never get paid a lot because guess what? Once they make coin they will split like C man or Diaz bros...

You’re an idiot... These dudes get less than 15% of what the UFC brings in. They are getting 300 million from ESPN, after a 150 million deal from Fox. How does their pay not go up? They need a union, a new fighter shouldn’t have to have another job bc Dana wants a new boat

Well he's a money obsessed greedy fuck and even so he fought a lot less often. On top of that unlike mma with his style he hardly takes damage.

Most fighters just wanna live a comfortable life with minimal damage. But even if they stick around after making big money they probably never be as hungry.. train as hard.. care as much... etc

how many pro athletes do you know that just stop when they made enough money?

if money is your only drive, you probably wont ever make it to the top

I would like to see these guys earn a living wage, support their family, and fight full time. I want to see the best athletes come in their best form. Shit look at Stipe he's the greatest UFC HW of all time and the current HW champ... still works part time as a firefighter to pay the bills... WTF Dana?!?! You goto any other major professional sport, you see their athletes competing and training full time, not working some bullshit ass job in between fights? Is Steph Curry going to work at fucking Arby's now that the NBA season is over? No he's going to enjoy his championship and the brief break until preseason starts up. Look at the 3rd string players that sit on the bench, they make enough money to compete/train full time and they're all relatively nobodies. Look at how much the UFC pays their top 10 athletes and how much they earn from PPV's, there's a huge discrepancy. Fighters as a whole make like 4-7% of the revenue off each card, DAFUQ is that bullshit. The NFL made like $9.6B in revenue last year, the total salary cap for all 32 teams totaled is $5.6B, that's 59% of the revenue.
Stipe does not work as a firefighter "to pay the bills" he does it because he enjoys it

how many pro athletes do you know that just stop when they made enough money?

if money is your only drive, you probably wont ever make it to the top

Playing basketball is a little different than getting kicked in the head for a living...

You’re an idiot... These dudes get less than 15% of what the UFC brings in. They are getting 300 million from ESPN, after a 150 million deal from Fox. How does their pay not go up? They need a union, a new fighter shouldn’t have to have another job bc Dana wants a new boat

Idiot??Mods!! He's trying to hurt my feelings!! And I'm not going to explain again... See this is why I couldn't be a coach at the special Olympics... I just don't have the patience to explain shit to retards

People are paying $60 for the fights and getting $10 worth!

No one wants to see a dude fight who just came from a shift at Starbucks, they pay for a TRAINED fighter, not a part time amateur. UFC is ripping off the fans with an inferior product.

Pay should be good enough for all fighters to fight full time just like all pro sports!

Someone who flips a burger gets paid to flip a burger. Someone who is a PRO fighter should get paid to train and fight, not flip burgers. People paid for fighters to fight, not for burger flippers to fight!

Last edited:
Back