Yoel was given a title shot 3 times in a space of under a year

He missed weight for two of em too

because Yoel is the uncrowned MW champ.

Made weight for one, didn’t for another, and got cut short on the third. That’s the 1-1-1.

Yoel crushes any version of Bisping and GSP.

Not sure how you could possibly argue he won the first fight. Scoring it was incredibly easy.
Fair enough. Can't remember it well, other than that it was close, Yoel gassed and Whitaker's leg got messed up.

Not sure how you could possibly argue he won the first fight. Scoring it was incredibly easy.
i had it 49-46. the 48-47 scoring is pretty similar to how colby vs rda ending up 48-47 on 2 cards. looks close scoring wise but the fight had a clear winner and loser. kinda why i hate the current rules.

Fair enough. Can't remember it well, other than that it was close, Yoel gassed and Whitaker's leg got messed up.
It was a close fight but I think that all the rounds had a clear winner. Whittaker wins 3,4, and 5 pretty cleanly.

Yoel and Robert are head and shoulders above everyone else at 185. The only other guy who was close IMO was Rockhold, and Yoel sonned him (both shots that knocked down Whittaker were harder than the shot that knocked down Luke IMO). As long as Whittaker holds the belt, I don't see anyone challenging him outside of Romero - he deserves the shots, plus the interim title was a short notice replacement fight that earned him his rematch with Whittaker.

I'd love to see DC vs Yoel at 205 if he can win a fight first so I wouldn't even be mad with him getting another one soon

And he won 3 times

(Arguably)
He didn't win the first fight...not a chance.

And I have no sympathy for guys who purposely take rounds off and expect to still win decisions. He probably knew he can't make exchange with Whittaker for 5 rounds and purposely did nothing for the first two rounds. It's the reason Hendricks pissed me off so much when he dropped decisions to GSP and Lawler and whined relentlessly - you can't blame the judges and sook about a decision when you intentionally take rounds off and hand points over.

Plus the obvious - Yoel missed weight twice. The second time by a small margin, but it's a title fight! Pull it together...why even risk it?

Yoel is done, really. He's going on 41 and has fucked up 3 title fights back to back. He'd need two more big wins (and obviously make weight) before they'd even think about giving him another crack at gold.

When you're in your 40s, age catches up with you overnight.

I don't think anyone has ever self sabotaged themselves from UFC gold like Yoel.

Back