Yoel Romero is incredibly lucky that Whittaker broke his hand.

yoel is lucky he was in there with whittaker and not me because if he lost to a guy with a broken hand he would've been demolished when I break both my hands.

Whittaker should count himself lucky they wear gloves or he'd have broke both hands on Yoel's literally iron chin. He's lucky there's rules against killing your opponent. Because Yoel would have literally killed him.
"Literally"

Third fight - "Romero is lucky Whittaker broke his shin"

Fourth fight - "Romero is lucky Whittaker broke his wrist"

some people are brittle.

Third fight: 3-0 Whittaker

Fourth fight: 4-0 Whittaker.

Some people are better at fighting than others.

To me,this shows what a great fighter Whittaker actually is,he's fought yoel twice and been injured twice in the opening rounds no less and still won.

" Whittaker broke his hand. " . The phrase " he broke his hand " sounds like someone smashed their own hand with a hammer .. Whittaker would not have * broken his hand * if he wasnt fighting Yoel . Yoel broke Whittakers hand .

If I cared enough I'd comb through your post history 5 years to see what your opinion on the Silva leg break was.

People aroud here give Weidman 0 credit for that (understandably), but now there's a narrative that Yoel is so damn good he broke Whittaker's power hand, which didn't change things much anyway.

At least Weidman actually countered/checked Silva's kick when it broke. Yoel checking punches with his Ninja Turtle skull is worthy of commendation how?

If I cared enough I'd comb through your post history 5 years to see what your opinion on the Silva leg break was.

People aroud here give Weidman 0 credit for that (understandably), but now there's a narrative that Yoel is so damn good he broke Whittaker's power hand, which didn't change things much anyway.

At least Weidman actually countered/checked Silva's kick when it broke. Yoel checking punches with his Ninja Turtle skull is worthy of commendation how?
"If I cared enough I'd comb through your post history 5 years to see what your opinion on the Silva leg break was."
- If you look to the left , you'll see that my join date is 2016 .
"People aroud here give Weidman 0 credit for that (understandably), but now there's a narrative that Yoel is so damn good he broke Whittaker's power hand, which didn't change things much anyway."
- Anderson didnt break his leg in a vacuum .
"At least Weidman actually countered/checked Silva's kick when it broke. Yoel checking punches with his Ninja Turtle skull is worthy of commendation how?"
- If we assume it was Yoel's "Ninja Turtle skull" that broke Whittaker's hand , it was still Yoel's head that broke Whittaker's hand . But it was probably Yoel's elbow out front guard that broke Robert's hand . - Whittaker punching Yoel's elbow with right hand . " Throughout this fight Romero continued to project his elbows towards Whittaker as he fought almost completely on the defensive. Whether it was a classical double forearms guard with the elbows held high—exposing the midriff but presenting the elbows—in what is sometimes called a "triangle guard," or pointing the lead elbow out in a stonewall-ish position, or in the cross guard (with the correct hand on top this time). Throughout the fight, Romero was putting his elbows in the way of Whittaker’s punches and it very quickly paid dividends. It is hard to pinpoint where Whittaker hurt his right hand but on the last two good ones he was able to throw, Whittaker smashed his right hand into Romero’s left elbow twice in quick succession. That’s the point of the cross guard and high elbows stuff, after all: not to specifically say “when he punches I shall break his hand” but to make it difficult for the opponent to throw full power head shots without riskinghurting himself. " - Jack Slack https://sports.vice.com/en_us/artic...-barn-burning-masterclass-in-fighting-ufc-225

Last edited:
Whittaker is lucky because MMA judges know nothing about MMA.

Romero won.

Losing your lead hand tends to be a bigger deal, actually (that's always been the conventional wisdom in boxing). Especially for a guy like Whittaker who has a good jab and whose money punch is his left hook.

LOL debunked this thread on the first page. Nice work!

Yeh and Whittaker is extremely lucky Yoel didn't have a minigun, if you wanna play the "if "game

Yoel had all the opportunity in the world to render Rob unconscious and was unable to do that, let alone kill him. The fuck are you talking about?

And just wow to people acting like Whittaker fighting off that tank with one fucking hand isn't a big deal. This place is fucked.

Sherbros gonna Sherbro, Bro......

Back