Going to Austin for the first time

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Headed to Austin in October. Was going for the weekend to see the Formula 1 race but decided to make a week out of it. Looking to spend 6 days there. Any advice is appreciated. Hotels close to the track? Food? Museums? Random shit to do? I've never been there or to Texas for that matter.

Also anyone who has been to Circuit of the America's with seating advice would also be appreciated

Last edited:
The Portland of the southwest.

I didn't know Austin has an F1 track. That shit's boring and intense at the same time. Enjoy. I didn't and I did.

The Portland of the southwest.

I didn't know Austin has an F1 track. That shit's boring and intense at the same time. Enjoy. I didn't and I did.
I know. I used to live in Portland and everything i see is the same vibe. I was gonna fly up for the weekend only but the gf wants to spend more time there for some reason. It's kind of a compromise. I also like F1 a lot for some reason

Last edited:
I never liked Austin.
The city is very tiny! And way too overcrowded.

Best metropolitan areas of Texas are Dallas & Houston.

Go up the highway to San Antonio and at least do the Alamo and the riverwalk.

There is a town between the two called San Marcos that has a river for tubing and an outlet mall. It is also a university town so there are always chicks sunbathing by the gymnasium close to the river.

Eat real Mexican food as much as possible.

Get plastered on 6th street.

Headed to Austin in October. Was going for the weekend to see the Formula 1 race but decided to make a week out of it. Looking to spend 6 days there. Any advice is appreciated. Hotels close to the track? Food? Museums? Random shit to do? I've never been there or to Texas for that matter.

Also anyone who has been to Circuit of the America's with seating advice would also be appreciated

I came in to say go to COTA, looks like you are already on it. I ran one of the first non F1 car races at the track, it was a blast.

ogatm8.jpg

My car is the #66 Civic.

Back