Strong cider

Americans would love cider! Shame it's not popular over there. I been to florida and vegas and couldn't find cider.
even in english pubs
I’ve seen it everywhere. Popular sledneck drink is a hard cider with a shot of fireball (cinnamon whiskey) tossed in.

Unfortunately the big national brands are engineered for American tastes and are consequently really sweet and thus gross.

Where do you like in Cornwall? We were staying in Porthleven, did a lot of the coast around there, Poldhu, Kynance, most of the Lizard. Spent a very civilised afternoon getting slowly pissed in a pub on the Helford River.
Don't live there but I stay at st agnes

If you want the ultimate authentic West Country cider experience and you ever find yourself in deepest darkest Somerset, head to the Wilkins Cider Farm in Mudgley - especially for the Wassail.

Old Rog will sort you out.

Your guts won't thank you the next day, mind...
Sounds like knee knocker cider

Drank this today, recommend highly
63924011_0_640x640.jpg

Aspall Imperial vintage, 8.6%. Medalist in drink comp 2015.

Normally I drink this:

sheppy-s-vintage-reserve-oak-matured-cider-england-10674872.jpg

It's from down the road, Sheppy's vintage reserve. It's won every award and is 7.4%ish.

I've been drinking cider in Somerset for 25 years with other cider drinkers and I reckon these two are some of the best ciders that one can buy in a super store, that don't come in a 5 litre plastic container.

What are considered the great American apple ciders? I have to believe this is another industry where we are either the best in the world, or in contention for it.

Just never gotten into the culture that deeply. All the good ones I've had have been personal batches from people who don't sell it.

What are considered the great American apple ciders? I have to believe this is another industry where we are either the best in the world, or in contention for it.

Just never gotten into the culture that deeply. All the good ones I've had have been personal batches from people who don't sell it.
Pretty sure America's cider game is strongly lacking.

Mostly by choice, though.

Also, I'd like to know if any decent ciders are available here stateside.

I suspect pints of 7.3% cider at my local would lead to nocturnal pugilism more than is ideal

You should have more likes for that its hilarious

I new this was gonna be an english people thread. I would probably like some of your ciders ... Most of ours here are pretty crappy though like mikes hard lemonade type shit and its yucky

been really digging what Graft has been putting out recently.

graft-wild-woods-grim-wilderness-vol-1-1.png

graft-cloud-city-vermilion-district-1.jpg

book-of-nomad-cavern-of-the-ancients-2.jpg

Surprised cider isn’t more of a thing in the States. You’re a nation of apple-growers, aren’t you? Could be an opportunity for someone to make some money there, produce some quality vintage ciders and market them properly.

Back