Tamper Tantrum (Mueller Thread v. 17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More thug tactics

Attempted witness tampering, just don't ask Mueller to see any evidence. Russians call his bluff and he goes in hiding. Media complicit as always.

Not really sure, but I think it could be as simple as violating certain conditions he was given when he was originally indicted. Probably told not to contact certain people involved in his case, and he contacted them.

Why would anyone feel compelled to respond to a post on a forum asking a question directed toward the group as a whole with a, "not really sure, but..."?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/04/us/politics/paul-manafort-mueller-witness-tampering.html

Last edited:
Specifics?

I'm not trying to be argumentative here.

I have basically tuned out on this, and am curious.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-of-witness-tampering-ask-judge-to-detain-him
From June 5 2018
The government says Manafort made the outreach after being hit with a superseding indictment in February that included charges of failing to register as a foreign agent.

. . .

After those charges were unveiled, the government says Manafort and a longtime associate — identified only as "Person A" — repeatedly contacted two witnesses to try to influence what they would tell investigators about the Ukraine lobbying work.

Prosecutors say Manafort reached out by phone and encrypted messaging apps to the witnesses, both of whom worked for a public relations firm involved in the lobbying effort.

. . .

According to the text messages, which the witnesses provided to the government, Manafort wanted to get the individuals to say the Ukraine lobbying work was exclusively confined to Europe.

One of the witnesses told investigators that he "understood Manafort's outreach to be an effort to 'suborn perjury'" because he knew the former European politicians had lobbied in both Europe and the U.S.

Trump just gave an interview where he said Manafort had nothing to do with his campaign. And then he reassured Steve Doocy that Doocy's son was really Doocy's.

Everyone knows that not guilty people who are victims of witch hunts reach out to witnesses to tamper with their testimony. What innocent person hasn't done that?
To be fair... witness tampering will get charged on guys still in jail who call like their mom for mother's day from jail who also was a witness and the defendant asks their mom what she said to the cops the night of the arrest.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...-of-witness-tampering-ask-judge-to-detain-him
From June 5 2018
The government says Manafort made the outreach after being hit with a superseding indictment in February that included charges of failing to register as a foreign agent.

. . .

After those charges were unveiled, the government says Manafort and a longtime associate — identified only as "Person A" — repeatedly contacted two witnesses to try to influence what they would tell investigators about the Ukraine lobbying work.

Prosecutors say Manafort reached out by phone and encrypted messaging apps to the witnesses, both of whom worked for a public relations firm involved in the lobbying effort.

. . .

According to the text messages, which the witnesses provided to the government, Manafort wanted to get the individuals to say the Ukraine lobbying work was exclusively confined to Europe.

One of the witnesses told investigators that he "understood Manafort's outreach to be an effort to 'suborn perjury'" because he knew the former European politicians had lobbied in both Europe and the U.S.

@VivaRevolution

Additional details

Prosecutors say that Manafort's efforts to shape the witnesses' testimony is a clear violation of federal law and his conditions of release — he has been under home confinement on a $10 million bond. So prosecutors have asked the presiding judge to consider pretrial detention as a way to ensure Manafort doesn't commit any future violations.

Trump just gave an interview where he said Manafort had nothing to do with his campaign. And then he reassured Steve Doocy that Doocy's son was really Doocy's.
that was some chaotic crazy shit in that interview, if it's the one with all the reporters I heard earlier this morning.

that was some chaotic crazy shit in that interview, if it's the one with all the reporters I heard earlier this morning.

That's the interview. The highlight was Trump saying he wanted Americans to obey him the way North Koreans obey Kim.

Why would anyone feel compelled to respond to a post on a forum asking a question directed toward the group as a whole with a, "not really sure, but..." response?

Your pettiness knows no bounds.

@VivaRevolution

Additional details

Prosecutors say that Manafort's efforts to shape the witnesses' testimony is a clear violation of federal law and his conditions of release — he has been under home confinement on a $10 million bond. So prosecutors have asked the presiding judge to consider pretrial detention as a way to ensure Manafort doesn't commit any future violations.

This is why I hate this story. Sounds like he broke the law. He should be held accountable for that.

But where is the talk of how lobbying and campaign finance are a threat to our national security?

That's the interview. The highlight was Trump saying he wanted Americans to obey him the way North Koreans obey Kim.
guess we can expect police departments to be issued anti-aircraft guns any day now, you know for those pesky protesters.

To be fair... witness tampering will get charged on guys still in jail who call like their mom for mother's day from jail who also was a witness and the defendant asks their mom what she said to the cops the night of the arrest.

Why would you bring that up, when the present case doesn't even come close to resembling that situation?

The guy called witnesses and asked them to lie on the stand. And since some of that communication was through texts, they have it in writing.

So help me understand this. Up to this point he has been charged with tax evasion, and financial fraud.

Basically what they did to Al Capone when they couldn't prove anything in court.

What exactly is the accusation here on witness tampering?

I'm honestly curious. I have not been impressed with what the Trump admin folks have been charged with so far. This seems like perhaps the most serious accusation so far, that 90% of congress isnt also guilty of.

He is being accused of asking two Ukrainian witnesses to testify that his lobbying efforts with them did not occur in the US. This allegedly happened in June. Based on his shenanigans thus far, the prosecutor asked the judge to jail Manafort pending trial rather than house arrest or some sort of bail agreement.

Why would you bring that up, when the present case doesn't even come close to resembling that situation?

The guy called witnesses and asked them to lie on the stand. And since some of that communication was through texts, they have it in writing.
1.) I haven't followed this all that close because people have been doing the "this is it, Trump's going down" thing literally every week since the beginning of January 2017 and literally jack and shit has happened

2.) To act like witness tampering is some "OMG THIS IS SO BAD" sorta thing when it actually isn't.

He's innocent of everything and this is a liberal witch hunt. The judge has clearly been intimidated by the Deep Stoat.
Or whatever

He is being accused of asking two Ukrainian witnesses to testify that his lobbying efforts with them did not occur in the US. This allegedly happened in June. Based on his shenanigans thus far, the prosecutor asked the judge to jail Manafort pending trial rather than house arrest or some sort of bail agreement.

Is he being accused of meeting with Russian Ukranians, or pro EU Ukranians?

This is why I hate this story. Sounds like he broke the law. He should be held accountable for that.

But where is the talk of how lobbying and campaign finance are a threat to our national security?

Lol this has nothing to do with this story at all.

Lobbying and Campaign Finance are their own topics lol

1.) I haven't followed this all that close because people have been doing the "this is it, Trump's going down" thing literally every week since the beginning of January 2017 and literally jack and shit has happened

2.) To act like witness tampering is some "OMG THIS IS SO BAD" sorta thing when it actually isn't.

The only people saying "this is it" are the idiotic conservative posters. Find some liberal leaning posters actually saying that. You can't, can you?

And yes, this witness tampering isn't the same as the shithole low level scum you deal with. It's probably best to avoid trying to speak about something you openly admit to not following.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back