The movie CoCo

It’s a great movie. I, too, teared up a bit at the end. Really good from start to finish.

it must be terrible because dragonlordxxxxx didnt bother posting a review

My son cried like a baby in the theater as we recently lost my grandmother(his great grandmother) who was very similar to the main character's 'abuelita'. That instantly made me tear up. We had a nice long talk after the movie as this was the first time in his life that he understood what death really meant. It can be a scary revelation for children.

While I intended to just have a nice time at the theater it turned into a pleasant reminder and a learning experience for us, in our own separate ways. It will be a memorable time for the rest of my life. Never thought I could attribute such a statement to a movie, but between the plot being a surprise to me(the level of detail really caught me off guard), the depth the movie went into death, the bittersweet reality to a person's passing, and my son's reaction it's something I'll never forget.

10/10

Last edited:
I hate death. The movie was exceptional and made me think of passed on loved ones we dont think about as much. The mexican culture of doing this is awesome.

I'm not down with necromancy, so I didn't like it.

That's probably enough for me not to watch it.

Hell, my eyes watered when the grandma died in moana.

My grandma pretty much raised me, gave me advice and was closer to me than my mom.

Let's put it this way................

There's some rough bits for a kids movie but it is dramatically happier than Requiem for a Dream and no grandmas were harmed in the film.

I fucking loved this movie. I watched it with my nephew and thought it was a Disney animated movie going in, I wasn't prepared for a legit Pixar movie. It's probably the best Pixar movie to date too, it's not even close for me personally. My nephew has a lot of family from Mexico so right off the bat it felt incredibly authentic and genuine. The art was great, but the story went above and beyond. And good music makes that stuff stand out so much more, especially the emotional bits which Coco hits hard with. This is definitely a special movie, I can't recommend it enough to people.

It's really good. Del Toro's The Book of Life was really good too though.

I had an ultra Christian nanny at one point who seemed pretty uncomfortable at our secular kids watching the Book of Life but not enough to tell them couldn't even though it was clear it bothered her personally.

I pointed out that even though it delves extensively into the mythos of Dia Des Los Muertos, the film to me is exceptionally Christian.

While the supernatural trappings might appear pagan, the entire message of the film is that love and forgiveness liberate us all and are the key to peace.

The apology song to the bull is outstanding and to me is the essence of the new testament.

It's all about forgiveness and love.

Last edited:
I thought this would be about a biopic for Coco Chanel...

Damn, this movie was awesome. I will give it a few months and buy it on UHD, I can't wait to see how this looks in 4k. The soundtrack was also really nice. Then there was the story... it hit me right in the feels towards the end. It was hard not to have a sore throat/tear in eyes. Great film.

pixar are master manipulators of human emotions.
makes me not really want to watch their movies.

Damn, this movie was awesome. I will give it a few months and buy it on UHD, I can't wait to see how this looks in 4k. The soundtrack was also really nice. Then there was the story... it hit me right in the feels towards the end. It was hard not to have a sore throat/tear in eyes. Great film.

<DCrying>

beautiful animation I saw it twice.

Couldn’t get through it at the drive-in cuz the chick I was with was piping hot and down for the cause! We were scamming on each other like teenagers the entire movie!

I remember the animation being pretty decent.

Best animated film I've seen since the first incredibles. Also the first movie i bought in 4k. Our oldest (4.5) liked it, but primarily because of the ridiculous and vivid color/clarity.

It was good. Appropriate to pay homage to what is really a pretty big holiday.

Back