Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that fox canceled it. Decker finaly see's Lucifer is the devil and bam series done.
Their stupid plan was ending on a huge cliffhanger so that they wouldn't get cancelled. Clearly forgot what network they were on.

Their stupid plan was ending on a huge cliffhanger so that they wouldn't get cancelled. Clearly forgot what network they were on.

Apparently fox nixed a bunch of shows that they didn't get the ratings they were looking for.

Apparently fox nixed a bunch of shows that they didn't get the ratings they were looking for.
That applies to the networks entire history lol. I haven't watched a network TV show in years lol. I don't even watch them online. The smart good ones get cancelled because smart tv watchers and smart people in general are a minority which equals low ratings. I could be wrong but I think for the most part they're really dumbed down for all the stupid s and have waaaay too much exposition in order to spell everything out. I just cant.

They nixed a lot of shows because they didn't need as many hours of original programming due to getting more football. If some other network had won the deal, Lucifer and some other shows probably would have survived.

They nixed a lot of shows because they didn't need as many hours of original programming due to getting more football. If some other network had won the deal, Lucifer and some other shows probably would have survived.

Perhaps their potential sale may have something to do with it also. Cut costs and only keep the money makers

They have a great cast. Terry Crews and Samberg alone have years of comedic history behind them.

Joe Lo Truglio has also been in quite few comedies. Hitchcock and Scully are pretty good too in their small roles.

Joe Lo Truglio has also been in quite few comedies. Hitchcock and Scully are pretty good too in their small roles.
Everyone pulls their weight and has their moments. It's really refreshing to see a long lasting sit com that didn't become stale over the seasons. I'd argue that the last season was one of their best ones.

Side note: binged 4 seasons of Vikings on Netflix. Holy shit the show is intense! Why was avoiding it all these years, I will never understand. This is like everything Game of Thrones is trying to be, but better. Sons of Ragnar are one of the wildest motherfuckers to ever appear on a tv screen.

Last edited:
Lucifer got picked up by Netflix

With this news, I guess I'm actually going to finish the latest season of Lucifer now. It kinda fell behind in my queue because me and the missus try to watch our fave shows together now, but I'm going to set aside time to get caught up now.

With that said, thanks to a Sherdogger bringing this shit to my attention a few days ago, me and her are now watching the ultra cringe 90 Day Fiance. I've always had this very very strong aversion to ever watching "reality" tv and people getting embarrassed (I tend to walk or turn away from seeing people being embarrassed in any capacity, tv or IRL), so there's no reason at all that I should ever like this show.... but I started watching it with her, and we've been hooked. I had to explain to her what an incel was, and we've been watching and talking shit about them since. It's a lot of fun.

might check out lucifer now that it is on netflix

If you can save Lucifer Netflix, please save Imposter too.

Watched the entire series(existing atleast) of Goliath this past week. Was an excellent show. Billy Bob Thornton plays a ‘once-great-but-now-down-on-his-luck’ lawyer to perfection. What makes it better is that in ‘The Judge’(RDJ and Duvall movie) he plays a super-slick laywer which is the opposite of this character. He does em both so well that you just have to give him props for his acting.

Was Lucifer any good?
Is just like a supernatural type procedural? That's what it felt like it was going to be like from the 1 and only episode i watched. I can't get into a show without strong driving story

I just started watching Colony and it is superb. I just finished season 1 and 2..heading on to season 3 now. Really well done show. The family drama in shows about aliens and supernatural beings is usually what drags these kinds of shows, but it's actually one of the best parts of this show, while having compelling outside factors and characters.
I like the black dude in it, he's like a low budget Denzel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back